HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Calgary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2010, 12:12 AM
  #26
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,384
vCash: 657
the funny thing is change Cargary to Edmonton and at one point in history it was a legit GM offer

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...-11375641.html

i think it would cause too many problems for Sutter so in the end he will change it to Iginla, Backlund and Nemisz for Finger + Sweatt

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:01 AM
  #27
flameaholic
Registered User
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
This thread is a joke right? Comparing Calgary to Toronto is an insult to Calgary.

Leafs can keep their 29th place team.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:08 AM
  #28
Jevko
Registered User
 
Jevko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
how bout just their veteran goaltenders?

Jevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:13 AM
  #29
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Kotalik for Finger.
yeah, i'd do that as a leaf fan - definintely

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 06:16 AM
  #30
Ikarn Johal*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: India
Country: India
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevko View Post
how bout just their veteran goaltenders?
No way! Kipper is much much more of an asset than Giguere is. No way in hell Sutter gets drunk and does this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora View Post
yeah, i'd do that as a leaf fan - definintely
Yeah Leafs would probably want Kotalik however I don't think the Flames need any more money on their blueline. The Flames wouldn't do finger for kotalik straight up, so leafs may need to add something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLaMeS mAgIc View Post
This thread is a joke right? Comparing Calgary to Toronto is an insult to Calgary.

Leafs can keep their 29th place team.
I'm not a fan of either team but I can see Calgary doing worse than the Leafs this season.......ok i'm joking but seriously after how the flames did last season I can compare them to my houseleague hockey team and that wouldn't even be an insult. Calgary is better today but in a couple of years the Leafs will defineatly be a stronger team as they are the youngest team in the league and have one of the best prospect pools unlike the Flames.

Ikarn Johal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:59 AM
  #31
bringthecuphome
Registered User
 
bringthecuphome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
To Toronto
Hagman
Stajan
Rights to White
Rights to Mayars

To Calgary
Phaneuf
Aulie

I know the value is off, and its never going to happen, but I bet you something along these lines could be done. It will shock everyone.

MAYBE if White and Mayars were signed.
Don't forget Sjostrom!

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:04 AM
  #32
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLaMeS mAgIc View Post
This thread is a joke right? Comparing Calgary to Toronto is an insult to Calgary.

Leafs can keep their 29th place team.
agreed ....leafs dont have enough 'spare parts' to land your players.

If your GM wants to take Finger, Grabovski, Mitchell, and pay for Tuckers Buyout. Im sure we will take Iggy off your hands.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:25 AM
  #33
Anderson55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
To Toronto
Hagman
Stajan
Rights to White
Rights to Mayars

To Calgary
Phaneuf
Aulie

I know the value is off, and its never going to happen, but I bet you something along these lines could be done. It will shock everyone.

MAYBE if White and Mayars were signed.
Calgary says no they got rid of this guy for a reason

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:47 AM
  #34
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarn Johal View Post
Calgary is better today but in a couple of years the Leafs will defineatly be a stronger team as they are the youngest team in the league and have one of the best prospect pools unlike the Flames.
For years I've been hearing about this strong Leafs prospect pool, but have yet to see anything materialize. I think people should wait until players like Schenn and Kadri actually produce before we start awarding any future cups to Toronto.

Toronto's best prospects look like Kadri, Gustavsson, and Bozak. The Flames have Nemisz, Wahl/Howse, and Backlund. Toronto's are better, but the difference is pretty marginal at this point.

Meanwhile, the Flames are much better off on defence. The Leafs don't have a prospect close to Erixon. Even if Erixon only ever becomes a third pairing guy, that is all the Flames really need with Giordano, White, and JBo.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
  #35
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Year Plan View Post
IMO, Toronto says no... I really like Calgary and despise the Laffs but I think Toronto is looking a lot better for the future than Calgary. I'm not even sure Calgary will be ahead of Toronto in the standings this upcoming season.
While Toronto seems to be improving, I don't think the Lames will be as bad as last season. They have too many good players on their team, and they have a top 5 goalie in Kipper, who will keep them in the game every night. The Flames are still a serious playoff threat, their only problem right now seems to be chemistry. Its one of those "on paper this team should be a cup contender" situations...the thing is, you never know when "on paper" can actually translate to real success.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:59 AM
  #36
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
For years I've been hearing about this strong Leafs prospect pool, but have yet to see anything materialize. I think people should wait until players like Schenn and Kadri actually produce before we start awarding any future cups to Toronto.

Toronto's best prospects look like Kadri, Gustavsson, and Bozak. The Flames have Nemisz, Wahl/Howse, and Backlund. Toronto's are better, but the difference is pretty marginal at this point.

Meanwhile, the Flames are much better off on defence. The Leafs don't have a prospect close to Erixon. Even if Erixon only ever becomes a third pairing guy, that is all the Flames really need with Giordano, White, and JBo.
From who? The Leafs prospect pool has been horrible for years until the last year.

And yes, there is quite a difference between the prospects of the Leafs and Flames. The Leafs are far better.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/
Leafs are #6, Calgary #27.

Leafs don't have a prospect close to Erixon on defense..maybe, but Schenn is better, and while he's not a "Prospect" anymore, he's only 20.


Last edited by RogerRoeper*: 07-20-2010 at 11:08 AM.
RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM
  #37
Canadian Game
Registered User
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
I think Sutter would still find a way to screw things up...
Probably by demanding that he keeps Jokinen and Tanguay.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
  #38
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
From who? The Leafs prospect pool has been horrible for years until the last year.

And yes, there is quite a difference between the prospects of the Leafs and Flames. The Leafs are far better.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/
Leafs are #6, Calgary #27.

Leafs don't have a prospect close to Erixon on defense..maybe, but Schenn is better, and while he's not a "Prospect" anymore, he's only 20.
I don't care what the raitings say, the only serious forward prospects that Toronto has are Bozak and Kadri. In order for Toronto to be the clearly better team in the future as many are suggesting, both of those players would need to develop into clear first line talent. I just haven't seen it happen yet.

Bozak did impress with his call up this year, but he's also 24 already. Not exactly the young prospect people are making him out to be. Probably closer to his prime than being a prospect. A solid second liner, but no more of a chance of becoming first liner than a player like Stajan who is 26.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:50 AM
  #39
IrMitchell*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLaMeS mAgIc View Post
This thread is a joke right? Comparing Calgary to Toronto is an insult to Calgary.

Leafs can keep their 29th place team.
Don't worry man I would never trade teams with Calgary.

Why in the world would we want the forwards that made us suck and you miss the playoffs?

Iginla, Backlund and maybe Kipper, but trust me when I say that is it.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM
  #40
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLaMeS mAgIc View Post
This thread is a joke right? Comparing Calgary to Toronto is an insult to Calgary.

Leafs can keep their 29th place team.
Fitting username. Flames will probably need some magic next season to be even close to respectable.

Anytime you want to make another trade, just give us a ring!

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
  #41
IrMitchell*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't care what the raitings say, the only serious forward prospects that Toronto has are Bozak and Kadri. In order for Toronto to be the clearly better team in the future as many are suggesting, both of those players would need to develop into clear first line talent. I just haven't seen it happen yet.

Bozak did impress with his call up this year, but he's also 24 already. Not exactly the young prospect people are making him out to be. Probably closer to his prime than being a prospect. A solid second liner, but no more of a chance of becoming first liner than a player like Stajan who is 26.
D'Amigo one of the top forwards overall from the WJs.........
We added Ross and McKegg this year without having a first round pick just like Calgary, what did you guys add?
Max Reinhart and Bill Arnold?

Give your head a shake, once Iginla declines/retires (Have nothing but respect for Iggy, but it's inevitable), your team is going straight to where we are now, but without having legitimate prospects.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM
  #42
leafmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
I don't know how a Mod just doesn't lock up a title like this as soon as it opens. No good is possible and the OP knows that.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
  #43
pfoppa21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
you could throw in all 5 sutter's and jokinen and all u will get is nonis

pfoppa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
  #44
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't care what the raitings say, the only serious forward prospects that Toronto has are Bozak and Kadri. In order for Toronto to be the clearly better team in the future as many are suggesting, both of those players would need to develop into clear first line talent. I just haven't seen it happen yet.

Bozak did impress with his call up this year, but he's also 24 already. Not exactly the young prospect people are making him out to be. Probably closer to his prime than being a prospect. A solid second liner, but no more of a chance of becoming first liner than a player like Stajan who is 26.
Bozak already looked like he had more offensive skills than Stajan ever did.

And don't worry, no one is saying he's a "Young Prospect". His age cancels him out on HF as any kind of solid prospect. We hear it all the time.

And BTw, D'Amigo is a very good prospect for the Leafs. You also have guys like Schenn, Gunnarsson and Kulemin-not prospects, but good young players who will get better. And Phil Kessel is only 22.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
  #45
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
D'Amigo one of the top forwards overall from the WJs.........
We added Ross and McKegg this year without having a first round pick just like Calgary, what did you guys add?
Max Reinhart and Bill Arnold?

Give your head a shake, once Iginla declines/retires (Have nothing but respect for Iggy, but it's inevitable), your team is going straight to where we are now, but without having legitimate prospects.
Wow...D'amigo... Why didn't you say so. Plan the parade route. Do you really think that D'Amigo, Kadri, and Bozak are the difference between a last place team and a cup winner?

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:17 PM
  #46
IrMitchell*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Wow...D'amigo... Why didn't you say so. Plan the parade route. Do you really think that D'Amigo, Kadri, and Bozak are the difference between a last place team and a cup winner?
Nope, but they're three prospects who have top 6 potential. Winning the cup takes more than one season of developing prospects, but let me ask you this.

Hagman, Stajan, White, Mayers.

Did you think they were the difference from being a borderline playoff team to Stanley Cup champs?

*I'm sorry, I just can't take Calgary serious, such an unorganized flawed system run by the worst GM in the history of any sporting team.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:25 PM
  #47
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Nope, but they're three prospects who have top 6 potential. Winning the cup takes more than one season of developing prospects, but let me ask you this.

Hagman, Stajan, White, Mayers.

Did you think they were the difference from being a borderline playoff team to Stanley Cup champs?

*I'm sorry, I just can't take Calgary serious, such an unorganized flawed system run by the worst GM in the history of any sporting team.
I love how the Flames missing one year of playoffs amounts to the worst GM in the history of any sporting team. Yes the Jokinen trade didn't work out.

Sutter occasionally makes high risk moves, but his positives far outweigh his negatives. Yes the Jokinen move didn't work out.... we get it. However, if Jokinen returns to the Flames this year and puts up anything over 60 points it becomes good value.

Now lets take a look at Toronto's recent moves....Kessel for Seguin, Knight, and another first (sure to be another lottery pick at this rate)....brilliant? bwahahaha What are the odds of that one ever becoming good value?

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
  #48
CgyFlamesftw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=IrMitchell;27005540]Nope, but they're three prospects who have top 6 potential. Winning the cup takes more than one season of developing prospects, but let me ask you this.

Hagman, Stajan, White, Mayers.

Did you think they were the difference from being a borderline playoff team to Stanley Cup champs?

*I'm sorry, I just can't take Calgary serious, such an unorganized flawed system run by the worst GM in the history of any sporting team.[/QUOTE]

Ouch some harsh words, amazing how one year changes everything. Well the worst GM ever has brought us to one game from a stanley cup, maybe 40 years from T.O will get their chance.

CgyFlamesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
  #49
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
The Phaneuf trade is looking worse for Calgary than the Jokinen trade.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
  #50
CgyFlamesftw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
The Phaneuf trade is looking worse for Calgary than the Jokinen trade.
How so???

CgyFlamesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.