HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hamilton Bulldogs have a new head coach; Randy Cunneyworth

Old
07-20-2010, 03:15 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
But seriously, if you don't know who somebody is, open google or wikipedia, type the name in there and do a little bit of self-research. Or else you're just being lazy, self-centred and unressourceful and definitely leave yourself open to criticism. You have access to the Internet, you just proved it by posting here, so use it. It's a good tool, trust me.
No kidding.

His response to the hiring was "I never heard of him - someone tell me". Not "How is he as a coach".

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Who The **** Is Randy Cunneyworth!!!!!

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Holy ****, am I old, or are most of you noobs to hockey ?
The latter. This guys' been in the "Hockey" news for years and has been up for NHL jobs just in the past few weeks - forget about his playing days.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
No kidding.

His response to the hiring was "I never heard of him - someone tell me". Not "How is he as a coach".
So tell me, how is he as a coach. What are his assets. I don't know, so tell me since you do.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KingGallagherXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
But seriously, if you don't know who somebody is, open google or wikipedia, type the name in there and do a little bit of self-research. Or else you're just being lazy, self-centred and unressourceful and definitely leave yourself open to criticism. You have access to the Internet, you just proved it by posting here, so use it. It's a good tool, trust me.
Dude, get over it. There's a difference between seriously asking who someone is, and saying "RANDY WHO????" or "Never heard of him". It's just Randy ****ing Cunneyworth and most people here were 10-15 years old back then. I was 14 and I only vaguely remember the name. "Randy who" seems like a pretty normal reaction to me.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
nope im a poor lama in quest of knowledge
he's a cross between doug gilmour and kirk Muller. He is a close friend of Don Cherry.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
TankEller*

Man, this really starts to look like the Ottawa Senators of the '90. It smells country club 200 miles around and I'm not sure I like it that much.

Nothing against any of the individual, but I sure hope what happened 10+ years ago isn't a factor in the decision making process to hire these people. To build a contender, you need competent people, opportunism, but also imagination, and most of all, diversity and a LOT of luck*.

Anyway. My 2 cents.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
You people really don't know who Randy Cunneyworth is? Are people really that young on this site or am I old?

As for his coaching, his AHL resume looks pretty good.
Those were pretty much my thoughts. I'm only 28 and this site makes me feel ancient sometimes

IRON JELLY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Dude, get over it. There's a difference between seriously asking who someone is, and saying "RANDY WHO????" or "Never heard of him". It's just Randy ****ing Cunneyworth and most people here were 10-15 years old back then. I was 14 and I only vaguely remember the name. "Randy who" seems like a pretty normal reaction to me.
Well I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular, I'm just pointing out the reality of what someone should expect when they post those kinds of messages on an Internet message board. Maybe people just aren't aware of the vastness of the Internet. Spare the messenger.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
SeriousFan09

So we're hiring an AHL coach with a good resume and experience as an NHLer so he can lend some wisdom to his prospects about the NHL life. Wow, I can see this is clearly the most controversial move the Canadiens could have possibly made.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Andy

Nittany I'm still waiting for his coach style and what he brings to the table.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:37 PM
ReVeuF

When will the management will ask to rename the Canadiens to Senators ? From what I know the old Sens management never won any Cup... Next action will be to bring Murray here I guess... LOL. Or Alfredsson will come and be Habs captain !

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
When will the management will ask to rename the Canadiens to Senators ? From what I know the old Sens management never won any Cup... Next action will be to bring Murray here I guess... LOL. Or Alfredsson will come and be Habs captain !
They had Lalime... We have Price.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Well the Canadiens haven't won a cup in 17 years and Tampa wasn't afraid to use our staff.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

and Randy fkn Cunneyworth WOO!!

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Man, this really starts to look like the Ottawa Senators of the '90. It smells country club 200 miles around and I'm not sure I like it that much.

Nothing against any of the individual, but I sure hope what happened 10+ years ago isn't a factor in the decision making process to hire these people. To build a contender, you need competent people, opportunism, but also imagination, and most of all, diversity and a LOT of luck*.

Anyway. My 2 cents.
100% agree with you

Old
07-20-2010, 03:44 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Well the Canadiens haven't won a cup in 17 years and Tampa wasn't afraid to use our staff.
Boucher is a rookie coach, Brisebois is young and was not with Habs for 17 years. Your point is not valid.

I only think about the Devils who got the old Habs like Lemaire, Robinson as an example and they did succeed with them.

Where we should try to get ppl is at Detroit, oh wait we got Gauthier instead of Yzerman...

Old
07-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Andy

Quote:
Boucher is a rookie coach, Brisebois is young and was not with Habs for 17 years. Your point is not valid.

I only think about the Devils who got the old Habs like Lemaire, Robinson as an example and they did succeed with them.

Where we should try to get ppl is at Detroit, oh wait we got Gauthier instead of Yzerman...
It's still a stupid way of justifying why they are bad moves.

Ottawa seemed to have good teams back when these guys were in charge. A good argument would be that none of these people have been successful in the new nhl, but to say that getting them is useless because they haven't won a cup is not a good argument against these signings.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:

That's Pierre Boivin's fault.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
It does show your lack of knowledge of the NHL and its players, absolutely.

Not only did this guy only stop playing 9-10years ago, but he's been a coach in the AHL for a while (and an assistant in the NHL) and has been mentioned as a candidate for plenty of NHL jobs.

No need to respond, you pretty much proved my point... put me on ignore, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
The guy only stopped playing 10 years ago, are there posters here that are 8 years old? If people here don't know who Randy is they should stop following hockey or buy an Almanac.
Yeah, damn us n00bs. Thank god the l33t hockey experts you are can keep reminding us of our inferiority and that there is a defined threshold of knowledge required to be a worthy hockey fan.

Might haven't seen the sun in the past 10 years, but damn you guys know your AHL staff through and through.

BigFatPapa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:

You know, I remember this guy who assembled Canada's first Gold Medal Hockey Team in fifty years, Wayne something or other, then he tried coaching in Phoenix and was horrendous there. It seems assembling a stacked team Canada does not mean you're destined for incredible success in the NHL.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Ginu

I remember hearing that Buffalo's AHL team was doing so well because of the work of their coach. Wasn't that Cunnyworth?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Andy

All these experts on Cunneyworth yet I still haven't recieved a scouting report on his coaching abilities.

I guess it's one thing to know who a player/coach is and provide statistics, but I guess it's another to actually break down a coach's abilities.

Also, no offense nitanny, you want to call people out for stupidity. Well I asked you about the coaches abilities about 40 minutes ago and still haven't gotten an answer. I also noticed that you kept an eye on this thread for about 30 minutes and never provided an answer, I wonder why.

This might get removed by the mods, but it has to be said.

Last edited by Andy: 07-20-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old
07-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
how he treats the players
any system he loves?
communication? like JM, Guy Carbonneau or Boucher?
etc.
dude are you serious, if you were a true hockey fan you would guess it by the way he was playing

and if not, you don't follow rochester americans? or study the atlanta trashers system? what a hockey fan are you?

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:06 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's Pierre Boivin's fault.
and what was Molson doing at that time?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote