HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Hamilton Bulldogs have a new head coach; Randy Cunneyworth

Old
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I remember hearing that Buffalo's AHL team was doing so well because of the work of their coach. Wasn't that Cunnyworth?
Yes.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosss View Post
dude are you serious, if you were a true hockey fan you would guess it by the way he was playing

and if not, you don't follow rochester americans? or study the atlanta trashers system? what a hockey fan are you?

just a lame lama habs fan who follow NHL players

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:09 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
I like this hire. He has been doing a decent job down in Rochester and his name has continuously come up as a guy who could be making the jump to the NHL. I'm excited to see what he can do with Hamilton.

It's funny, he has come to show us he is the resident "age indicator" on this site. Eventually we will have a Cunneyworth icon in our post to indicate your side of the fence.

In conclusion, Randy Cunneyworth is the new Chuck Norris of this site.

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post
I like this hire. He has been doing a decent job down in Rochester and his name has continuously come up as a guy who could be making the jump to the NHL. I'm excited to see what he can do with Hamilton.

It's funny, he has come to show us he is the resident "age indicator" on this site. Eventually we will have a Cunneyworth icon in our post to indicate your side of the fence.

In conclusion, Randy Cunneyworth is the new Chuck Norris of this site.
the new what???6

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
guest1467

I don't know who Cunneyworth is.

Ducks head.

God you guys are ridiculous. I was freaking 12 when the guy retired.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post

Ducks head.

Well I guess we don't know anything about hockey then. We should make our own board for us ignorant folks.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Ducks head.

Same here...

I still knew who he was...

Well, if you consider his last year in the NHL at the 98-99 season, I was 10, going to turn 11. So, I guess I can't be "that old."

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackee View Post
Like the hire and what I've read of Cunneyworth as a coach.

I suddenly feel very old given several around here have never heard of him and I remember him as a player.
You ain't as old as me, kid...

I'm beginning my 7th decade.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Same here...

Well, if you consider his last year in the NHL at the 98-99 season, I was 10, going to turn 11. So, I guess I can't be "that old."
But it doesn't matter. If you are 12, how are you going to know about random players in the league at that time, much less remember them. When I was 12, I watched maybe one hockey game a week, if that.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Same here...

Well you cannot use youself as a standard in regards to other people's knowledge about past hockey players, not to start a fight, but it's just extremely arrogant and does nothing but cause tension between posters. It's pretty much my a penis is bigger than your fight because I know more players argument.

I'm pretty sure there are some Autistic savants who can remember every single nhl player and what team they played for and what they have done, but doesn't mean they have vast hockey knowledge(not saying that you are implying this, but just in general).

Also, all these people know of him, but I have yet to have a poster say anything insightful about his coaching style and abilities.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Schooner Guy

I can't believe folks here don't know of Cunneyworth. What ever happened to kids collecting hockey cards?

Schooner Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
But it doesn't matter. If you are 12, how are you going to know about random players in the league at that time, much less remember them. When I was 12, I watched maybe one hockey game a week, if that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Well you cannot use youself as a standard in regards to other people's knowledge about past hockey players, not to start a fight, but it's just extremely arrogant and does nothing but cause tension between posters. It's pretty much my a penis is bigger than your fight because I know more players argument.

I'm pretty sure there are some Autistic savants who can remember every single nhl player and what team they played for and what they have done, but doesn't mean they have vast hockey knowledge(not saying that you are implying this, but just in general).
I had a bunch (well, still do) of hockey cards from the late 80's, early 90s. I played NHL 94 and so on. I read hockey cards and either played road hockey, or NHL 94, so I've remembered which teams players played for and whatnot.

I'm only surprised at Cunneyworth, because he was a sens captain, so I figured most would remember that.

Now, if it was Vincent Riendeau, or Per Djoos, then I'd understand completely. To be honest, I only know of Per Djoos because I have a hockey card of him. He isn't on hockeydb.

I have a card of Dave Morissette

Old
07-20-2010, 04:30 PM
guest1467

Yeah, well I am sure there are a bunch of people on here that don't remember Kelly Buchburger either, regardless that he was the captain of Edmonton.

Doesn't make my knowledge of hockey any greater than theirs though.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
The guy only stopped playing 10 years ago, are there posters here that are 8 years old? If people here don't know who Randy is they should stop following hockey or buy an Almanac.
I haven't been watching hockey for 10 years.

I'm sorry 23Hab.

But he isn't Chuck Weber, so I'm upset.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Yeah, well I am sure there are a bunch of people on here that don't remember Kelly Buchburger either, regardless that he was the captain of Edmonton.

Doesn't make my knowledge of hockey any greater than theirs though.
Uh, yes it does. Known Buchburger was captain of the Oliers while others don't puts you a step above them. They might know something you don't, but until that comes up, that puts you a step above them in "hockey knowledge"

Old
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Spy
resU deretsigeR

Well, the good news is that everyone in this thread now knows who Randy Cunneyworth is!

Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I can't believe folks here don't know of Cunneyworth. What ever happened to kids collecting hockey cards?
we used to throw the crappy players in the garbage

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
I had a bunch (well, still do) of hockey cards from the late 80's, early 90s. I played NHL 94 and so on. I read hockey cards and either played road hockey, or NHL 94, so I've remembered which teams players played for and whatnot.

I'm only surprised at Cunneyworth, because he was a sens captain, so I figured most would remember that.

Now, if it was Vincent Riendeau, or Per Djoos, then I'd understand completely. To be honest, I only know of Per Djoos because I have a hockey card of him. He isn't on hockeydb.

I have a card of Dave Morissette
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1382

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Sweet, the card spelled his name wrong, so it might be worth 3 cents now!

Old
07-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
we used to throw the crappy players in the garbage
Captains go in the garbage?

Schooner Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Uh, yes it does. Known Buchburger was captain of the Oliers while others don't puts you a step above them. They might know something you don't, but until that comes up, that puts you a step above them in "hockey knowledge"
But like I said. Does an Autistic Savant who can memorize everything, know more about hockey than all of us because he remembers every player and all their statistics?

Knowing about a player who played 10 years doesn't make you understand the game any less today.

It's like saying we know nothing about hockey because we havent seen any games from the 50s. So that means everyone older than us has more hockey knowledge.

There's a difference between knowing hockey facts and hockey knowledge. You can know of facts, but you can aslo be incapable of hockey analysis.

Also, appearntly all these people know of Cunneyworth, but yet no one can give an analysis about his coaching ability and assets.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
But like I said. Does an Autistic Savant who can memorize everything, know more about hockey than all of us because he remembers every player and all their statistics?

Knowing about a player who played 10 years doesn't make you understand the game any less today.

It's like saying we know nothing about hockey because we havent seen any games from the 50s. So that means everyone older than us has more hockey knowledge.

There's a difference between knowing hockey facts and hockey knowledge. You can know of facts, but you can aslo be incapable of hockey analysis.

Also, appearntly all these people know of Cunneyworth, but yet no one can give an analysis about his coaching ability and assets.
They know of him as a player, not as a coach.

If someone has watched hockey for 30 years and remembers a bunch of players who aren't the greatest, then they're more than likely going to be able to pick up on how the game and then trump us in not only hockey history knowledge, but how the game actually works. It gives them even more of an advantage if they've played it too, even in the low levels of organization hockey.

I have cards of him, but I've also seen him play. I've been watching, playing and living hockey for a long time. I can go as far as saying I've "seen" Lafleur play and not from old tapes, but I was 3, or 4, so no cognitive memory.

People who know hockey facts will more than likely understand hockey knowledge.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
guest1467

Quote:

I know a guy that knows just about every player in the league, every coach, every ones number, ect. but I can break down the game of hockey in front of me and make him look like a fool. I understand concepts and nuances of the game infinitely better than him. Does that make his hockey knowledge better than me? Hell no.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:51 PM
habdynasty

Not too many coaches or gms in the league under the age of 40.

With age comes wisdom.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:53 PM
coolasprICE

I remember this game in 1992 where Randy hit the post on 3 consecutive shots.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote