HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What I did after game 5 loss to Chicago!

Old
07-21-2010, 02:06 AM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
What I did after game 5 loss to Chicago!

That Sunday evening i was sitting in my living room here in Northwest Florida [Destin] and my wife looked at me and knew i really wanted to go back home to South Jersey [westville] where i was raised and left to join the Air Force back in 1976, to watch game 6 with my buddies that i grew up with. At 11pm she said honey do you want to go home and watch game 6 with your buds ? I said i sure would like that.

Well an hour and a half later i was on my Harley heading north,and got to westville early Tues morning...Had a great pregame party with my buddies, got to see a bunch of folks i have not seen in quite a few years etc.It was one heck of a hockey game,and certainly the way it ended was really tough to take....But it was one helluva season, and one helluva ride...I left out Sat morning and rolled back to my driveway Sunday evening.....If they get into the finals next season i will probably do it again, overall it was a great time, maybe next year they can finish the job. Go Flyers !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:57 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

ok...

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:56 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
That Sunday evening i was sitting in my living room here in Northwest Florida [Destin] and my wife looked at me and knew i really wanted to go back home to South Jersey [westville] where i was raised and left to join the Air Force back in 1976, to watch game 6 with my buddies that i grew up with. At 11pm she said honey do you want to go home and watch game 6 with your buds ? I said i sure would like that.

Well an hour and a half later i was on my Harley heading north,and got to westville early Tues morning...Had a great pregame party with my buddies, got to see a bunch of folks i have not seen in quite a few years etc.It was one heck of a hockey game,and certainly the way it ended was really tough to take....But it was one helluva season, and one helluva ride...I left out Sat morning and rolled back to my driveway Sunday evening.....If they get into the finals next season i will probably do it again, overall it was a great time, maybe next year they can finish the job. Go Flyers !
That's a hell of a ride! Sounds like a great trip - too bad it didn't end better.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:39 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Nice! I would love to do something like that. But I don't ride a motorcycle and I have no where to go.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:37 AM
StandingCow

I stared in disbelief... was at my uncle's ocean side rental house in Ocean City, NJ.

God, that goal still pisses me off.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
DUHockey9

It really was pretty crappy in person. No one had any idea what was going on. Everyone around me was just looking at each other asking what's happening.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:47 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I stared in disbelief... was at my uncle's ocean side rental house in Ocean City, NJ.

God, that goal still pisses me off.
I was in Ocean City too, but I live there.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote