HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Calgary

Old
07-21-2010, 09:42 AM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
Okay, you might be right about him and the defensive game. I've watched him a number of times, but let's just say he doesn't keep my attention for extended periods of time. That's why I made the obvious point about the proper system to fit his game in that role...more offensively driven than checking and responsible.

I don't like Stajan or the Leafs, so I'm not too sure about an sales pitches, but if I'm the GM of a contender, regardless of system we're running, I'm acquiring him to be my third line guy long before Grabo. No offense to your username.
No problem. I actually took my username as a joke, I thought that Grabovski would be a short-lived acquisition, so I thought it'd be funny. He's sort of grown on me as a player, and he's still got room to improve, but I'm not counting on him being a key player going forward. I think Bozak stole his job.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
No problem. I actually took my username as a joke, I thought that Grabovski would be a short-lived acquisition, so I thought it'd be funny. He's sort of grown on me as a player, and he's still got room to improve, but I'm not counting on him being a key player going forward. I think Bozak stole his job.
Grabo is an interesting (offensive) player, and I doubt he'll be moved before his contract is up, and I think him and Versteeg will probably be frustrating for Leaf fans to watch at times in terms of a defensive nightmare, but I think they'll generate a good chunk of offense if they play together.

If the Leafs were to go out and get a first line center, moving Bozak and Grabo down the the depth chart, I could see him being a decent 3rd line guy with the proper wingers. But with Kadri, it's hard to say whether they'll look for a true number 1. Maybe they stand pat with what they have and wait the 2 years of Grabo out?

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:14 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
Grabo is an interesting (offensive) player, and I doubt he'll be moved before his contract is up, and I think him and Versteeg will probably be frustrating for Leaf fans to watch at times in terms of a defensive nightmare, but I think they'll generate a good chunk of offense if they play together.

If the Leafs were to go out and get a first line center, moving Bozak and Grabo down the the depth chart, I could see him being a decent 3rd line guy with the proper wingers. But with Kadri, it's hard to say whether they'll look for a true number 1. Maybe they stand pat with what they have and wait the 2 years of Grabo out?
It's very likely they wait to see if Grabovski can improve. I don't think Grabovski should be a third line guy, and I don't know if he can be, so I'm not sure I like the idea of that. Versteeg isn't somebody I'm worried about defensively though, he's reasonably responsible.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:53 AM
ComixZone

And Stajan isn't our #1, nor is he our #3. Langkow will be our #3 center (and one of the better ones in that role in the league), and Olli will be back on the first to play with Tanguay and Iginla, while a mixture of Hagman, Bourque and Backlund will likely lineup alongside Stajan, with the other falling down to play with Langkow and Glencross.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:17 PM
MattVenca

Fleischmann not good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Toronto doesn't do this..

Fleischmann isn't that good
26 years old, 6'1, 190 lbs
Drafted by Detroit 63rd overall
RFA this summer, filed for arbitration

2010 stats: 69GP, 23G, 28A, 51PTS
This is in his 3rd NHL season

PROs: Playmaking, versatile
CONs: Not very strong, so/so defensively

Comparable player: Martin Straka

He is a significant upgrade from Grabovski, and Steckel is the perfect center for Armstrong.

MattVenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTheThrillKessel View Post
Well looks like you just missed the playoffs with him. But then again, we hear the Phaneuf blame. He caused the Flames to miss the playoffs. Even when he was gone and Calgary was a few points out and could have made it, no, it was Phaneuf. Jeez
No one has said this.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Pugilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Barring the last few games when the Flames totally gave up, they would have made it if not for huge pushes from Detroit and Nashville.
The last few games? How about the huge losing streak before the Dion trade? Simply put Calgary had no will to control their own destiny. Using the "oh, well they would have made it if not for Detroit and Nashville getting prepared for the playoffs" is the lamest excuse going. Calgary gave up on their season long before the final stretch.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the Flames point total would have meant a playoff birth in the east.
LOL the Sutter Kool Aid runs deep with this one. Next we will be hearing about all the 20 goals scorers the Flames boast. Gold.

Pugilist is offline   Reply With Quote