HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which team will you take? (Canadiens or Lightning)

View Poll Results: Which
Montreal Canadiens 246 72.35%
Montreal Lightning 94 27.65%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2010, 11:05 AM
  #76
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Why just Tampa? Why not any other team in the league?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:11 AM
  #77
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Why just Tampa? Why not any other team in the league?
because they are not ''racist'' to quebecois players and/or coaching staff... apparently only the Habs are

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:11 AM
  #78
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Nothing could make me switch the team I cheer for, anyone who voted they'd prefer tampa should take there bandwagoning ***** over to the T-bay boards.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:14 AM
  #79
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
I can't belive this is even a question here. So many boners for guys who have not proven anything at the NHL management level yet. Anyone that picks the Lightning should hand in their Habs fan memberships immediately.

IMO there is no way the Lightning finish ahead of the Habs this year. Montreal has found some chemistry and with Markov playing full time they have a more complete team. F Gagne, he could have been a Hab if he really wanted when he had a chance but chose an easier path, same goes for Vinny. Stamkos and Hedman are great but I will take Cammy and Markov for the next 5 years thanks.
Dude, we heard the same thing last year from fans here, about how Tampa and Toronto would finish higher than the habs, and that's without knowing Stamkos would break out, and in the end Habs still finished higher.

Not saying there is a correlation for this season, just saying how most people just go with emotional reactions. "Oh wow, look at that team on paper!"

I remember some posters last summer saying the moves Tampa made were better than the Habs.

The Halak trade can't even actually be measured yet, still conclusions abounded already from day one.

So many examples.

The way I see it, I like the potential of this team. People underate the chemistry and the pletora of young players the Habs have. It's been a long time since I've seen a Habs team with that much talent. Halak would make us better, because having two good goalies is always better than one, but since the Habs can develop goalies at the highest rate in this league, we switched him for something we needed, a young talent who could very well surprise a lot of people in the short and especilly long term.

We're adding two blue chippers to the lineup. Subban and Eller could end up making a big differnce. Bigger than Halak.


Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-21-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:17 AM
  #80
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Where was this poll when they had 66 points 2 years ago?
The fact that they had 66 points is not imporant since now they have 66 Quebecers on the team.

Much more important.

Too bad we are stuck with Gauthier. I heard he would rather win with no Quebecers on the roster than lose with a bunch of Quebecers on the roster. Can you believe that???

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:24 AM
  #81
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The fact that they had 66 points is not imporant since now they have 66 Quebecers on the team.

Much more important.

Too bad we are stuck with Gauthier. I heard he would rather win with no Quebecers on the roster than lose with a bunch of Quebecers on the roster. Can you believe that???
WHAT!!!! but...but were the Montreal Canadiens, the Flying Frenchman, Les Glorieux, how can we not have a team full of french players? Whether there garbage or not?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:24 AM
  #82
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Oh boy.

37 people actually went for the Lightning.

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

There you go guys. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:27 AM
  #83
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 500
Would you rather your wife or the stranger next door?

This is a smart discussion, I'm glad someone posed this question

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM
  #84
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Would you rather your wife or the stranger next door?

This is a smart discussion, I'm glad someone posed this question
You can have both if you st*u

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:35 AM
  #85
germanative
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Stamkos>Plekanec
Lecavalier>Gomez
St Louis>Cammalerri
Gagne>Gionta
Malone=Kostitsyn
Downie>Pouliot
Purcell<Eller
Veilleux<Lapierre
Szczechura<Boyd
Wright<Moen
Harju<Pyatt
Tyrell>White

Ohlund<Markov
Hedman>Subban
Kubina=Hamrlik
Clark=Spacek
Wishart<Gorges
Lashoff<Gill

Smith<Price
Ellis>Sanford

Boucher=Martin
Yzerman>Gauthier

Tie!

germanative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:38 AM
  #86
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,421
vCash: 500
Spacek is a lot better than Brett "Braincramp" Clark and I'd rather have Cammalleri on my team than St. Louis.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
  #87
mtl_felix
Registered User
 
mtl_felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lavaltrie, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The fact that they had 66 points is not imporant since now they have 66 Quebecers on the team.

Much more important.

Too bad we are stuck with Gauthier. I heard he would rather win with no Quebecers on the roster than lose with a bunch of Quebecers on the roster. Can you believe that???
BLASPHEMY!!

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:46 AM
  #88
germanative
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Habs cap hit : 55.122 (add Price new contract)
Bolts cap hit : 48.509 (add Downie and Szczechura new contracts)

germanative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:52 AM
  #89
germanative
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Spacek is a lot better than Brett "Braincramp" Clark and I'd rather have Cammalleri on my team than St. Louis.
There are five players who have more points than St. Louis last year. 94, 80, 83, 102 points in the last four years, are you serious?

germanative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:14 PM
  #90
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
I'll take the team that doesn't have to share it's profits with the other team to keep it afloat.
You don't much read about revenue sharing, do ya?

We're willing to take on Habs fans with what we'll call HF contracts which may be bought out at any point.

Line up and get your avatars, for a limited time you'll get a palm tree for free (while supplies last).

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
  #91
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
PS - Bring poutine plz

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
  #92
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Tampa's top 6 is fantastic but their bottom 6 and D are much weaker then the Habs. I'm a fan of the team but I have to admit their playoff chances are iffy once again. They still have some cap space and the ownership would be wise to spend that on a D man or two.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:26 PM
  #93
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanative View Post
Stamkos>Plekanec
Lecavalier>Gomez
St Louis>Cammalerri
Gagne>Gionta
Malone=Kostitsyn
Downie>Pouliot
Purcell<Eller
Veilleux<Lapierre
Szczechura<Boyd
Wright<Moen
Harju<Pyatt
Tyrell>White

Ohlund<Markov
Hedman>Subban
Kubina=Hamrlik
Clark=Spacek
Wishart<Gorges
Lashoff<Gill

Smith<Price
Ellis>Sanford

Boucher=Martin
Yzerman>Gauthier

Tie!
Those are wrong a bit, FYI - Veilleux is gone via free agency, Ashton/Panik/Wright will all most likely be in junior, Wishart and Lashoff will be in Norfolk.

It'll be something more like...

Gagne - Lecavalier - Malone
St. Louis - Stamkos - Downie
Harju - Persson - Purcell
xxxxx - Thompson - Szceheaharhurhahaharhua

Lundin - Ohlund
Hedman - Kubina
Clark - Smaby/Lashoff/Jackson?
Other filler (I think they said they actually want to run 7 d-men).

Sadly we're all guessing Ranger is retiring.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:34 PM
  #94
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
what in interesting poll result.. 39 people voted TB.. most of them quebecers hmmmmmm i wonder if there is a correlation?

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
  #95
11Goat11
Inside her
 
11Goat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Dude, we heard the same thing last year from fans here, about how Tampa and Toronto would finish higher than the habs, and that's without knowing Stamkos would break out, and in the end Habs still finished higher.

Not saying there is a correlation for this season, just saying how most people just go with emotional reactions. "Oh wow, look at that team on paper!"

I remember some posters last summer saying the moves Tampa made were better than the Habs.

The Halak trade can't even actually be measured yet, still conclusions abounded already from day one.

So many examples.

The way I see it, I like the potential of this team. People underate the chemistry and the pletora of young players the Habs have. It's been a long time since I've seen a Habs team with that much talent. Halak would make us better, because having two good goalies is always better than one, but since the Habs can develop goalies at the highest rate in this league, we switched him for something we needed, a young talent who could very well surprise a lot of people in the short and especilly long term.

We're adding two blue chippers to the lineup. Subban and Eller could end up making a big differnce. Bigger than Halak.
I remember battling it out here with Leafs fans saying they would miss the playoffs and that our D was superior to their D and we were considered the crazy ones.

People buy into the media hype more than forming their own opinions. Tampa has improved yes but they had to, they missed the playoffs yet again. Gagne will be lucky to play 50 games, he is one hit away from retirement. I also laugh at posters ready to throw away the whole roster with some guys who commited their prime years to Montreal for a roster with a bunch of guys who have continuosly shunned their home province.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:42 PM
  #96
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
I'm driving down to Sarasota FL in 2 weeks for vacations. Maybe I'll see more frenchies there to since it's neighbouring Tampa

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
  #97
icerocket
Registered User
 
icerocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlantis
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Montreal Canadiens easily.

Everyone who chooses otherwise can jump on the Lightning bandwagon.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:58 PM
  #98
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Montreal Canadiens easily.

Everyone who chooses otherwise can jump on the Lightning bandwagon.
im with this guy!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
  #99
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
If we're in dreamland, would you rather have The Montreal Canadiens or The Montreal Lightning?

Rosters + Coach + GM
well, I'm a die hard habs fan. to death. for better or for worst.

that said, if you say that both teams are left in the finals, facing one on one and none of those teams are the Habs...
i.e. the Gomez Gionta vs the Lecavalier Gagné

well, there is no way that I'm not cheering for the Lecavalier Gagné team. Not only b/c they are from Qc, but they are overall more talented players.
That said, I love Gio and Gomez, our best 1-2 punch since forever.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:13 PM
  #100
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
well, I'm a die hard habs fan. to death. for better or for worst.

that said, if you say that both teams are left in the finals, facing one on one and none of those teams are the Habs...
i.e. the Gomez Gionta vs the Lecavalier Gagné

well, there is no way that I'm not cheering for the Lecavalier Gagné team. Not only b/c they are from Qc, but they are overall more talented players.
That said, I love Gio and Gomez, our best 1-2 punch since forever.
are you sure? you dont win cup with 3 players and hedman

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.