HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else bored???

Old
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
We tried it that way and it didn't work.

who is out there on FA that is young enough and good enough to help us now and in the future? The only one I see is Frolov and that would cost too much, and he wouldn't come here anyway.

Gagne wouldn't have waived his NTC. Ladd and Buf are high end 3rd liners/low end 2nd liners, not the type of player we should be sacrificing our future for. We tried that junk over the years with Zednik/Stumpel/Stillman/Reinprecht/Bertuzzi/etc, time to do a proper rebuild instead of hoping to sneak into the 8th spot and wishing for a miracle.
Stillman-Reino-Frolik was a wonderful line for us, and was one of our most productive lines until I believe either the Booth injury or Stillman injury. I do believe Reino had a hat trick in the 1st period in one of the games and both of those players actually give 100% every shift. I know Stillman and Reino aren't big names to get excited over, but I don't consider them bad signings. Zednik wasn't a bad signing either. Again, he may not have been a big name superstar, but he was fast as H.E. Double Hockey sticks, had some amazing goals as a Florida Panther and at least seemed to give his all while here.
How do you know Frolov wouldn't want to come here? How do you know the price tag either. I mean you could be right, no arguements, but at least have Tallon try. I know Florida isn't the "Original Six" or highlight franchise that players salivate over when they here the name, but I think with Tallon at the helm, maybe some players have respect for him and seen what he did with Chicago and believe what he does and would take a risk with Florida.

I am still waiting to hear from someone with knowledge of next year's Draft, and whether or not those top 3 Picks are better than any free agent we couldn've signed this offseason. Does anyone think that if we were to get the 1st overall pick, that player would make us at very least a Playoff team?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Stillman-Reino-Frolik was a wonderful line for us, and was one of our most productive lines until I believe either the Booth injury or Stillman injury. I do believe Reino had a hat trick in the 1st period in one of the games and both of those players actually give 100% every shift. I know Stillman and Reino aren't big names to get excited over, but I don't consider them bad signings. Zednik wasn't a bad signing either. Again, he may not have been a big name superstar, but he was fast as H.E. Double Hockey sticks, had some amazing goals as a Florida Panther and at least seemed to give his all while here.
How do you know Frolov wouldn't want to come here? How do you know the price tag either. I mean you could be right, no arguements, but at least have Tallon try. I know Florida isn't the "Original Six" or highlight franchise that players salivate over when they here the name, but I think with Tallon at the helm, maybe some players have respect for him and seen what he did with Chicago and believe what he does and would take a risk with Florida.

I am still waiting to hear from someone with knowledge of next year's Draft, and whether or not those top 3 Picks are better than any free agent we couldn've signed this offseason. Does anyone think that if we were to get the 1st overall pick, that player would make us at very least a Playoff team?
I already did, you probably missed it. Are they better than any free agent? Maybe not, but the problem is you can't just snap your fingers and then a guy will come here. And in free agency you always pay big money, money which we don't have right now. We are not going to get any of the biggest fish. If you are asking would I rather get the #1 pick in 2011 than players like Frolov or Stempniak, then the answer is yes. If we get the 1st overall, add it to the youth we already have, plus the slew of picks/prospects we would get at the deadline, yes I don't see why we wouldn't be serious contenders in 3-4 years, and have a very good shot at the playoffs in 2011-12. Just look at our prospect pool. It's very scary. If we add an elite offensive prospect to that, we are in business, big time.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post

I never said they were bad players, but free agency and trades like that can only improve the team so much. They are patches not fixes. The only way to fix the team is with drafting.

Our biggest FA signing ever was Stillman, Frolov won't come here. Florida is going to have to overpaid for free agents just like Chicago did, it won't be until we are successful as a franchise that players will want to come here for more than just the money. I know he will cost too much because this isn't my first offseason, quality FA almost always get too much money, especially a russian with KHL options.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:26 PM
WhalersPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
You're not alone there. The average fan doesn't want to waste their time going to a free Panthers game to see them stink up the joint.
Let's face it, it's a South Florida thing. There's too many other things going to grab your interest and money, no one does and wants to pay or waste their time on a losing hockey team in a half full building. A taste of the playoff's will bring their attention around, it also makes life a lot easier for front office to market an offseason where we can say we'll go deeper next season.

Look at my profile name, I know all about losing on a consistual basis. Trust me, this team has far more potential then many our line up's in the past. Let's see what final pieces of the puzzle are into place before Sept.

WhalersPride is offline   Reply With Quote