NHLers signing in Europe next season

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
luciousharris

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to luciousharris Send a message via MSN to luciousharris
NHLers signing in Europe next season

Do you think that teams in Europe will sign alot NHL players to contract's next season? What would happen if they signed and the players had to leave. I do not see that many players signed for next sext season. What do you guys think?

Last edited by luciousharris: 04-05-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old
04-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Depends on the league rules.
I can see some DEL teams sign NHLers for the year if a new CBA is not in place in July/August.
The DEL teams could sign those players without giving them a licence to play until it´s obvious the NHL will start (or won´t start).
I´m sure that Sturm, Hecht and the other german players might extend their stay in Germany, too.

Old
04-07-2005, 03:58 AM
michbeck

According to various reports the NHL and IIHF will sign an agreement soon that will regulate transfers between Northamerican and European leagues. Among other things this agreement will no longer allow European clubs to sign locked out players that are under contract to a NHL club, i.e. European clubs will only be able to sign free agents.

Old
04-07-2005, 04:23 AM
aforc3

Send a message via ICQ to aforc3 Send a message via AIM to aforc3 Send a message via MSN to aforc3 Send a message via Yahoo to aforc3 Send a message via Skype™ to aforc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbeck
According to various reports the NHL and IIHF will sign an agreement soon that will regulate transfers between Northamerican and European leagues. Among other things this agreement will no longer allow European clubs to sign locked out players that are under contract to a NHL club, i.e. European clubs will only be able to sign free agents.

Swiss League EV Zug has signed Mike Fisher for the next season !! if the nhl season starts ottowa need to pay zug for a new deal !

Closed Thread