HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Vanderbeek appreciation thread

Old
07-20-2010, 02:19 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

vCash: 500
Hells Kitchen has really won me over, it is without a doubt my favorite pre-game bar.

I still mix it up with Scully's, Kilkenny and McGovern's.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I really liked HK when I was there in April. Great atmosphere for before the game. It certainly didn't hurt that I was drunk too.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Cowbell232

HK always has a great atmosphere, game or not. I'm there all too much on non-event nights too. Probably at least 2x a month or so.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
The Devils are at the moment the 10th most valuable franchise in the league. They are making a ******** of money since the move to Newark. People like to cite the arena debt as "losing money", it is not, it is the same way a lawyer has to pay back almost six figures in loans to finish school.

VBK made the correct choice and he will see it at the gate next season. This team, which sold out half its dates made more money than alot of teams, teams which played infront of full houses nightly. This team knows how to make money and do business.

The Devils also attract the seventh highest television audience in the league, more than teams like the Capitals. This was before Kovalchuk.

The gameday experience is really what made the move to Newark so much fun, the bar atmosphere allows for a ton more pre and post gaming. I love it.

Here is to more carbombs from space next season.
Literally, with the way you do them

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Devils1029

A very simple "Thank You Jeff."

My deposit is in and I will be upping the number of games that I will be nearly doubling the number of games that I'm getting on my flex plan (deposit already given) and it's about time to order a new Jersey. I was going to wait until next year to get a Parise one but I think I'll be getting a Red #17 Kovy and then a White #9 for my wife. My Son already has his #30.

Devils1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 04:17 PM
CJV123

I owe Vanderbeek an apology. I thought he was a fraud when the whole lease/arena thing came up early last season. The Kovy deal proved to me he is serious about trying to be a champion. I apologize, Mr. Vanderbeek.

CJV123 is offline   Reply With Quote