HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max amount of money given to Price you'd be okay with

Old
07-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
I won't believe it unless Marinaro says it

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Take it totally for what it's worth....JC Lajoie just said today that Price agreed in principle to a contract. A few details to settle but nothing dramatic. We should hear about it quite soon.
Better stock up on canned foods and get to my bunker.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Patofqc*

I would give Price the qualifying offer and tell to show us what he can do. This guy has been a dissapointment from the beginning. My choice was Halak because he his no lazy bum.

Patofqc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
All-Star

I'd be happy if the Habs could sign Price at 3 million or less per season for a couple of seasons, but I'm guessing the deal is going to hover closer to the 3.5 mark. I'd accept that.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I would give Price the qualifying offer and tell to show us what he can do. This guy has been a dissapointment from the beginning. My choice was Halak because he his no lazy bum.
I'm sure he has if you expected him to be Patrick Roy coming in at 20.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
I would give Price the qualifying offer and tell to show us what he can do. This guy has been a disapointment from the beginning. My choice was Halak because he his no lazy bum.
To be fair, Carey Price has improved his work ethic in recent months and also got into the best shape of his life. He started running on the treadmill before every practice, going to optionals, etc. Jacques Martin even thought so highly of him at the end of the season that he told management that they should trade Halak and keep Price. And the goaltending coach was supportive of that too.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
JayBee*

I really hope it isn't true that Price wants upwards to 4 million. I'll LMAO if it's the case.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Price was never getting signed to an offer sheet. The market for competent goalies was flooded, why would a team give up a 1st and a 3rd when they could get 3 other goalies almost as good without giving up picks and merely sign a UFA.

We were lucky to get what we did for Halak, it was only because he had a top 3 season.
What?!?!?! LIIIIAAAAAARRR!!! We got sooo screwed in the Halak trade... Halak is way better than Crosby, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Doughty and Keith COMBINED...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Hopefully the Nordiques return so you don't have to be associated with the habs anymore.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger View Post
please go away
Ok ok...didn't mean to cause anyone tears and heartaches. I'll up it to $52. That should at least get him a decent bourbon, and a pack of smokes.

Now, he should be totally stoked with that deal.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Toro

2.3-2.5 per yr is max including potential bonuses

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Horatio Caine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
2.3-2.5 per yr is max including potential bonuses
Maybe you'll we right. It seems that an agent said something like you:

Per Richard Labbe's Twitter

"Un agent vient de me dire que 2ans/5M pour C.Price, c'est juste. "À ses 100 premiers matchs, il a une meilleure fiche que Fleu, Bro, Luongo""

translation : An agent told me that 2 years at 2,5 per is ok. "After his first 100 games, he has a better record than Brodeur, Fleury and Luongo"

Horatio Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
including potential bonuses
Not allowed (only ELC's and over 35's - some injury, games missed cases as well I think).

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:32 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
I'd be happy if the Habs could sign Price at 3 million or less per season for a couple of seasons, but I'm guessing the deal is going to hover closer to the 3.5 mark. I'd accept that.
over 2.5 millions is overpay... unless it is for more than 3 years...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I would give him 2.5 to 3 million a year for A year or 2 . Short term contract to prove his worth .

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:43 PM
ludger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
$23. About the price for some cheap whiskey and a pack of smokes. That should make him more than happy enough.
grow up

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
NLHabsFan

Not sure if this was posted anywhere yet but it seems to be that the hold up on Price's new contract is that he wants a 3 year deal and the team wants a 2 year deal.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2104

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
In actuality, I believe it was GAINEY who referred to Price as a "thoroughbred" when members of the media were questioning why Halak didn't get any starts against the Bruins when Price went 0 for 4. If anybody has been doing the overhyping it's been the organization itself. So don't get all worked up when the media starts looking for Seabiscuit.
I had been asking this myself and ironically was only just discussing this precise inquire today. Granted with Gainey playing Laraque on the top line alongside Koivu and Kovalev, one could speculate upon his present mental health at that given juncture. Nevertheless, it is no secret this organization is infatuated with Carey Price, something that unnerves me considerably at times because of their inability - or refusal - to witness flaws and demand expectations from a kid simply incapable of reaching them at this present time.

Frankly I had hoped Price would be moved for his own benefit, as I do not foresee him handling the pressure of this city. I am hopeful to be proven incorrect and that watching Halak's glorious run revitalized Price to play to his potential. This being said, $2.5 on a one to two million dollar deal would be my offer.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

And then about 2 million left over to sign a grinder for a 3 or 4th line . Eric Belanger perhaps ? I think Yes .

Old
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
eightyseven

The longer this goes on, the more I have the feeling that Carey Price is holding out and doesn't want to play in Montreal anymore. That would be a total PR disaster. Price/his agent are asking for too much money and they should be fortunate management saved his job again(!) after he lost the starter's role, etc. He didn't even meet most of his bonuses last season. I really don't think it's in his benefit to demand a large contract because that adds even more pressure to perform....

I really pray the kid can get his head on straight and start taking his career seriously, but I have my doubts about him. I am worried about this kid and his future in the NHL.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
The longer this goes on, the more I have the feeling that Carey Price is holding out and doesn't want to play in Montreal anymore. That would be a total PR disaster. Price/his agent are asking for too much money and they should be fortunate management saved his job again(!) after he lost the starter's role, etc. He didn't even meet most of his bonuses last season. I really don't think it's in his benefit to demand a large contract because that adds even more pressure to perform....

I really pray the kid can get his head on straight and start taking his career seriously, but I have my doubts about him. I am worried about this kid and his future in the NHL.
I don't worry over that, but I do find it a tad concerning he isn't signed yet. I figured he was the number 1 priority and we're getting close to Aug, obviously he will sign, just odd it isn't done yet IMO.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I would trade him for Niemi . Better goalie and much cheaper . But i don't think the Hawks will be to exited ...

Old
07-26-2010, 09:27 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
He didn't even meet most of his bonuses last season. I really don't think it's in his benefit to demand a large contract because that adds even more pressure to perform....
I love how you just make stuff up. Do you have any proof he didn't meet most of his bonuses?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:45 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I love how you just make stuff up. Do you have any proof he didn't meet most of his bonuses?
Umm, look at his stats.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Umm, look at his stats.
They are comparable to Luongo's and his Games Played 's is high for a ELC /22 yr old

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote