HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Serge Savards comments on Gainey

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 02:40 AM
red alert 23

vCash: 500
Bob Gainey is the first one to speak his mind off ! He`s the first man to stand and protect his players ! The Ronald Corey and the politically correct image is way pass due ! Serge Savard says to everyone that he doesnt care about the Habs... and doesnt want to be implicated with the team no more ! Well I have a good advice for him : "Mind you %$*&/$%?"** buisiness ! If you never had the balls to do what you had to do to hearn respect for your team well that is your problem !

By the way Mister Savard ; how many times did you get booed in your career ? I remember those days when you were playing and it was even worst when you were our G.M. ! Boo to Serge Savard and to all of those has been still putting their noses were it dont belong !!! Great job Bob !

Old
09-30-2003, 02:40 AM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8b
The fact is I like the habs, I like Markov very much and Koivu and I lot of people and I also agree that booing a player will not help the team. I don't consider myself as a booer (since I booed only once) but I respect the fans more than the players. If my job was in the showbuisiness and people were booing me, maybe I would think about changing job.

The fans don't like Brisebois and they claim it loud, this is their only way to make him know. Why it is such a disgrace?

By the way I would really like to have a chance to show Brisebois that I'm just a garage hockey player. Not really relevant your last paragraph...
If my job was in showbusiness and the only place I ever got booed was in Montreal, maybe I just wouldn't want to play there (which seems to be the case for MANY players nowadays).

Brisebois is far from perfect but to boo him consistently and never actually cheer him on when he does a good play (and to go as far as booing him when he scores a goal) is completely ridiculous.

Sure you can dislike a player as much as you like but the mentality in Montreal seems like fans feel that they own the team. They want to control who plays and who doesn't. They want all the young kids to be superstars within a year or two or they want them thrown out.

I used to think that playing for the Montreal Canadiens would be a dream come true when I was younger. Now that I see how the media and the fans are, it's the LAST place I'd want to play. And don't give me that "well, Montreal fans are passionate about their team" because I know a few other cities with passionate fans that don't do half the damage that Montreal fans do.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:02 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
If you're in a movie theatre and you start booing during the middle of the movie, what happens? You get thrown out! They do that because you're ruining the product for everyone else, adn they don't want that kind of atmosphere in their facility. Well Gainey can't throw people out for booing, so he figured he'd call play their game and send a few negative messages to them. He couldn't care how much you paid for your seats, because if you're ruining it for everyone else, he won't want you there.

And then there's always a hockey related bingo story (hurrah hurrah!):

At one place I call bingo they havea timed schedule to start certain games, so if I didn't start the SECOND that I should have, people would start banging their markers on their tables. A few would start it and since the intelligence of a crowd is only equal to that of their stupidest members, soon more people would join in on it. This went on for a while, until one day they did it and I went up to my mic and asked them nicely (I really did) to stop because it was annoying. After I made that announcement most of the people in the hall applauded me for standing up to them, and there has yet to be a night from that one that people banged their markers on the tables.

So maybe all BG had t do was stand up to the few annoying people in the crowd like I did, and it will stop.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:14 AM
mcphee

Bingo has become a metaphor for life.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Bingo has become a metaphor for life.
What'll we do once I quit calling bingo, mcphee?
We'll have nothing to relate life to!

Old
10-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by red alert 23
Bob Gainey is the first one to speak his mind off ! He`s the first man to stand and protect his players ! The Ronald Corey and the politically correct image is way pass due ! Serge Savard says to everyone that he doesnt care about the Habs... and doesnt want to be implicated with the team no more ! Well I have a good advice for him : "Mind you %$*&/$%?"** buisiness ! If you never had the balls to do what you had to do to hearn respect for your team well that is your problem !

By the way Mister Savard ; how many times did you get booed in your career ? I remember those days when you were playing and it was even worst when you were our G.M. ! Boo to Serge Savard and to all of those has been still putting their noses were it dont belong !!! Great job Bob !
I don't really see why you are calling Savard's tenure a bad job. After all he did win a cup, and has supplied us with many of our core veterans now such as Koivu, Brisebois and Theodore.

Old
10-01-2003, 03:11 AM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
No. not really. I will try to translate it later.
Later? Oh thanks for your consideration

Old
10-01-2003, 06:42 AM
tinyzombies

No reason for Savard to go public with those comments anyway.

Old
10-01-2003, 07:21 AM
red alert 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I don't really see why you are calling Savard's tenure a bad job. After all he did win a cup, and has supplied us with many of our core veterans now such as Koivu, Brisebois and Theodore.
He maid so many mistakes with his draft choices ... Koivu is no superstar; Brisebois is an average d-man ;Theo well he was a fluke in trainning camp in midget AAA and made the team beacause of dad and his contacts HMMMMMMMMMM !!! Still scored on him 80 % of the time I took a shot on him in training camp !
Savard is looking for attention and thats all ! I say to him : take care of your hotels and stuff and thats it !
He`s the one that traded Leclair & Desjardins ( what a move )
Chelios for a finished Denis Savard (what a move also)
Do I need to say more ?.... I dont think so !
He said he didnt want anything to do with les Canadiens ...so Serge MIND YOUR $/"%&*&*?% buisiness and stay away from the team , media,... !

Old
10-01-2003, 07:36 AM
tinyzombies

Don't forget the Carbonneau trade too.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:33 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by red alert 23
He maid so many mistakes with his draft choices ... Koivu is no superstar; Brisebois is an average d-man ;Theo well he was a fluke in trainning camp in midget AAA and made the team beacause of dad and his contacts HMMMMMMMMMM !!! Still scored on him 80 % of the time I took a shot on him in training camp !
Savard is looking for attention and thats all ! I say to him : take care of your hotels and stuff and thats it !
He`s the one that traded Leclair & Desjardins ( what a move )
Chelios for a finished Denis Savard (what a move also)
Do I need to say more ?.... I dont think so !
He said he didnt want anything to do with les Canadiens ...so Serge MIND YOUR $/"%&*&*?% buisiness and stay away from the team , media,... !
Serge Savard did more damage to this franchise than any other GM in the last 30 years. Many blame Houle, primarily because of the Roy trade. The fact is, by the time Houle took over, 95% of the damage had already been done and the teams depth and best talents had been frittered away by Savard. Sooo, Savard, stick to real estate development. I understand you're pretty good at that.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:27 AM
red alert 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing
Serge Savard did more damage to this franchise than any other GM in the last 30 years. Many blame Houle, primarily because of the Roy trade. The fact is, by the time Houle took over, 95% of the damage had already been done and the teams depth and best talents had been frittered away by Savard. Sooo, Savard, stick to real estate development. I understand you're pretty good at that.
FisherKing you`re my new friend ! I`m 100% with your comment!

Closed Thread