HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-Col

Old
07-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Pure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post

come on now, i understand this proposal is terrible, it embarrasses me that a fellow Bruins fan made it, but anderson would have "insane" numbersnot even close. he is a good goalie, but not that good. thomas is better, there is a vezina that says so.

and btw with the numbers Rask was putting up last year he would have beaten out almost every other goalie in the league........
Jose Theodore has a Vezina too, so what? Maybe Thomas has declined, but he was not as good as Anderson last year.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:08 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You obliviously didn't watch this season.
You obviousley didn't ever watch Thomas I guess.

Do you think i am saying Anderson is a crappy goaltender?

I think Anderson is a good goaltender, Thomas is just better.

That doesn't mean i think Colorado should want to trade for him, the proposed trade is horrible and i know colorado wouldn't want to make it for the reasons of thomas' age and cap hit, but all that doesn't diminish how good of a goaltender Thomas is.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post

That doesn't mean i think Colorado should want to trade for him, the proposed trade is horrible and i know colorado wouldn't want to make it for the reasons of thomas' age and cap hit, but all that doesn't diminish how good of a goaltender Thomas is.
How good of a goalie he was. If he is as good as Anderson, he'd put up .930 save percentage again in Julien's defensive system.

Old
07-21-2010, 08:16 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Jose Theodore has a Vezina too, so what? Maybe Thomas has declined, but he was not as good as Anderson last year.
Thomas has recent Vezina, big difference.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicTrain View Post
Thomas has recent Vezina, big difference.
Tim Thomas is 36. Old guys decline fast.

Old
07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Tim Thomas is 36. Old guys decline fast.
Thomas was a late bloomer... he doesnt have the NHL wear and tear of goalkeeper his age. its not like he has 15 NHL seasons under his belt...

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
well he didn't play much, and your right last year he had a down year but it was still a pretty good year. andersons was not much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
You dont believe that teams affect stats? He's not saying Anderson would magically become a better goalie but his numbers would very likely improve with the Bruins defense instead of the Avs.
no i do, but the way the poster said "insane" numbers he was talking about anderson like he would have put up hall of fame numbers or soemthing.....he is not THAT good

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post

I think Thomas is a good goaler, Anderson is just better.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:25 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
well he didn't play much, and your right last year he had a down year but it was still a pretty good year. andersons was not much better.

no i do, but the way the poster said "insane" numbers he was talking about anderson like he would have put up hall of fame numbers or soemthing.....he is not THAT good
Are you saying a back up goaler was better than a starter last year?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
MisterT

Quote:
come on Bruins fans, some of the proposals in here have been very Maple Leaf like lately, we all know we don't want to start to get that reputation.

obviously the Av's don't do this.
Sorry, next to the Philly fans, Boston fans are by far the most biased here. Exceptions exist on all team and those folks are the ones worth listening to. You are worth listening to for seeing the immediate faults in this proposal but the original poster should stick to his team board, like all Philly fans, like all of Ottawa fans, the bulk of Leaf fans, the bulk of Habs fans, etc. Some Chicago fans have been vidicated in their proposals but what Stan Bowman has been able to get in return for moving the likes of Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, etc.

I have to admit that I almost pissed myself laughing at Philly fans when Gagne was dealt for that bag steaming bag of ****. Savard will yield a similar return as he has a limited market and has a bad contract due to it's duration. Kaberle might garner something better but just marginally and leafs fans should be glad they need him and can afford him moreso than any other team in the league.

Last edited by MisterT: 07-21-2010 at 08:33 PM.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Pure

Quote:
Thomas was a late bloomer... he doesnt have the NHL wear and tear of goalkeeper his age. its not like he has 15 NHL seasons under his belt...
Then maybe he'll bounce back next year, but last year he showed signs of a decline, which isn't surprising for anyone who is 36.

Quote:
2.5GAA and .915 is not that good if you play under a system as restrictive as the Bruins. Unless you think the Avs defense are anywhere near as good as the Bruins (which they are not), Anderson's season was far better.

Quote:
I wouldn't have been surprised if Anderson put up .925 or higher, which are pretty insane to me. Never said, HOF numbers.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
Sorry, next to the Philly fans, Boston fans are by far the most biased here. Exceptions exist on all team and those folks are the ones worth listening to. You are worth listening to for seeing the immediate faults in this proposal but the original poster should stick to his team board, like all Philly fans, like all of Ottawa fans, the bulk of Leaf fans, the bulk of Habs fans, etc. Some Chicago fans have been vidicated in their proposals but what Stan Bowman has been able to get in return for moving the likes of Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, etc.

I have to admit that I almost pissed myself laughing at Philly fans when Gagne was dealt for that bag steaming bag of ****. Savard will yield a similar return as he has a limited market and has a bad contract due to it's duration. Kaberle might garner something better but just marginally and leafs fans should be glad they need him and can afford him moreso than any other team in the league.
A guy with 33 posts does not represent the Bruins fans on this board, i wouldn't even say the majority as the Bruins board itself would have probably locked a thread like this

2nd Savard will not yield a similar result as the Gagne trade. If Savard wants out he'll increase the teams he can go to and the demand goes up. If he wants to stay then PC doesn't move him without the right return- simple enough. Also, he's not a rental like Gagne for a single year.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
what ? you're joking , right ?

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:41 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Are you saying a back up goaler was better than a starter last year?
i am saying that if rask was on the av's, anderson would not have been given a shot as a starter.

both our goalie are better than yours, Thomas was a "back up" only because Rask came in and put up huge numbers. there is a bunch of teams that if thomas played for them he would have been their #1.................yours is one of them

Old
07-21-2010, 09:43 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post

wow.................have you seen any posts from any of the Canadian fans on this board???

and i promise you Savard will get a better return if traded, and if he can't i guess we will have to keep our ppg center..........damn that sucks

Old
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
zingbo2133

Quote:
i am saying that if rask was on the av's, anderson would not have been given a shot as a starter.

both our goalie are better than yours, Thomas was a "back up" only because Rask came in and put up huge numbers. there is a bunch of teams that if thomas played for them he would have been their #1.................yours is one of them
haha this is so sad that you think that and that you havent watched the avs play once this year go back under your bridge troll

zingbo2133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Pure

Quote:

Then I guess Duchene would be your number 1 center.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:

Cool. By all means, enjoy your five million dollar per year back up goaltender. We don't want him.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Tazzy13

What I want to know is how they expect to sign Seguin with only 1.5 or 2.5M in cap room

we just signed Hall to the max rookie contract and he is taking 3.75M in cap room. We will get a bonus cushion, etc, but it's still 3.75 in cap space

Tazzy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingbo2133 View Post
haha this is so sad that you think that and that you havent watched the avs play once this year go back under your bridge troll
ahahaahahahahahah..................do you write your own stuff???

Quote:
Then I guess Duchene would be your number 1 center.
he is a great young player i like him a lot, he would not be a #1 center on our team yet but he will be a #1 center soon................whats your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunbaba View Post
Cool. By all means, enjoy your five million dollar per year back up goaltender. We don't want him.
never said you would want him.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Pure

Quote:
he is a great young player i like him a lot, he would not be a #1 center on our team yet but he will be a #1 center soon................whats your point?
Simple, he outscored every one of the Bruins statistically, therefore hes better than all of them. We're not accounting for defence or anything since clearly only the goalie plays defence for the teams.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
FreshFitted67

Quote:

wow ur even dumber than the real PJ Stock.
take thomas and his vezina and put him in the AHL for all we care. Avs would not trade anyone for that dinosaur. least of all Mueller.

FreshFitted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:34 PM
zingbo2133

Quote:

i do write my own stuff thank you
if thomas is our number 1 then duchene is a clear cut number one for you guys then it only makes sense

zingbo2133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:42 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
Can I have some of what your smoking? I'd love Wheeler, but he's not Mueller, and Mueller means more to this team than you'd imagine. If you would've seen how good he was with Duchene, you'd understand. Anderson is not a number 1? I'm worried at how this particular Bruins fan rates goaltenders. With that assesment you would've ranked Roy a 1b goalie. Your dumping unwanted salary on Colorado and taking back better, cheaper talent in exchange, oh don't forget younger. Bruins should be throwing in a first if your expecting Mueller and for us to take on Thomas' salary.

Anderson easily EASILY had a better year than Thomas, is younger, and has no benefit to this team. We don't need D, if you haven't heard our GM is building from within. We have a TON of d-prospects as it is. Thanks nice try.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:45 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Bad deal for Avs. Boston basically dumps salary on Avs and gains value. If Boston dumps this much salary they will have to lose out picks/prospects or take meaningless salary back.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote