HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-Col

Old
07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
My all-time favorite phrase from an internet fanboy has to be "book it."

The phrase just resonates.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Gabriel Landeskog

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
liles
2nd

for

Thomas

Wouldn't Thomas only waive his NTC to be a starter? How does it benefit him being a backup from one team to become a backup behind Anderson?

Gabriel Landeskog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:38 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkory33 View Post
Wouldn't Thomas only waive his NTC to be a starter? How does it benefit him being a backup from one team to become a backup behind Anderson?
Are we sure he'll beat Budaj for the job? To be fair, Thomas wouldn't be bad for Lake Erie. Deserves some consideration.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:39 PM
morgan_mtl

Quote:
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
Quote:
Thomas has won a vezina and his numbers were actually not that bad last year as a backup
ummmm interesting povs from the same person.

morgan_mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Gabriel Landeskog

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Are we sure he'll beat Budaj for the job? To be fair, Thomas wouldn't be bad for Lake Erie. Deserves some consideration.
Well if dealing Liles, We need Thomas cap to remain above the cap floor, We could run a trio so the 10 games Anderson doesn't play can be a 5/5 split between Thomas and Budaj.

Gabriel Landeskog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
ThisIsJetsHockey*

omg such a bad deal for colorado , obviousley , a boston fan made this . Craig anderson is wau better than thomas . like **** you , colorado is smart with cap , so dont go thinking your ****** team is gonna dump your terrible contract's on colorado , you understand *****es , like **** , you ****ed your cap up , so deal with it . Get this bruin's fans , your ****ed with thomas , no one want's a back up for 5 million for like 4 years left or 3 . so deal with it . it's your fault biaatch .

ThisIsJetsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

vCash: 50
Avs are set in goal with Andy and Budaj. They won't ever trade for Thomas. And then you can argue until you are blue in the face about how good a goalie Thomas is.

Interest for an injury plagued Ference with a real bad contract should also be extremely low from the Avs.

I don't really see how Bruins and Avs make for good trading partners if the objective is to dump salary from the Bruins.

Now I don't want to sound entirely negative. I want to thank OP for finding it in his heart to not include Ryder in the proposal.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Has anyone suggested Ryder for Liles in this thread?

It seems like Colorado has a lot of dmen. And while Ryder isn't really a $4m player, he should still be able to get you 20+ in a contract year. Plus, Ryder's deal is up in a year so you're out from under the Liles contract a year early.

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post

It seems like Colorado has a lot of dmen. And while Ryder isn't really a $4m player, he should still be able to get you 20+ in a contract year. Plus, Ryder's deal is up in a year so you're out from under the Liles contract a year early.
I don't know why you have that impression.

Liles
Hannan
Foote
Quincey
Cumiskey
Wilson

I'd be surprised if Foote lasts a whole season and the latter two will be sophomores with all that implies. And it is not like they were extremely consistent last year to start with. If anything, Avs should be looking to add an experienced defender (no, not Ference or Redden) than trade one.

Old
07-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1057
I no longer want to punch the OP as it is apparent that he is a minor. But I do want to ground him.

Anyway, we're all in here arguing over a dumb proposal and some kid's inflammatory comments on one of the better goaltenders in the league. I think we should all feel ashamed.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Sitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post

Liles is really our only true puck-moving d-man, so we need to keep him for at least this season. As much as he is brought up in trade proposals, I feel like Liles will actually be an important piece to the Avalanche next season. Also, Liles and Mueller were magic at the point on the PP for the few games they got to play together.

Sitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:38 AM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackTheJets View Post
omg such a bad deal for colorado , obviousley , a boston fan made this . Craig anderson is wau better than thomas . like **** you , colorado is smart with cap , so dont go thinking your ****** team is gonna dump your terrible contract's on colorado , you understand *****es , like **** , you ****ed your cap up , so deal with it . Get this bruin's fans , your ****ed with thomas , no one want's a back up for 5 million for like 4 years left or 3 . so deal with it . it's your fault biaatch .
Now this is the sort of post I can get behind.

Fantastic work.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:43 AM
The Pwnerer
Registered Abuser

Yuck nobody wants your trash Boston, your not getting quality players for garbage. How is this almost 8 pages long? Successful troll is successful

The Pwnerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

I forgot, didn't contract negotiations with Wheeler break down and he is being taken to arbitration? Why would anyone trade for such a player without knowing what the arbitrator awards?

More and more the proposals here on HF are about fans wanting to trade for 'Get out of jail' cards while using the reverse psychology of a six year old claiming how great the player you want to get rid of is.