HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Street Hockey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
  #26
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
god no.
I thought so. I'm barely welcomed in Pennsylvania, let alone a roller hockey rink.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
  #27
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendoxtapes View Post
i've been looking to jump in on a pick up game. has anyone verified a weekly game down at the rizzo rink? if so, details?
We don't have a set day or anything, but we've been playing at least once a week down there.

If you (or anyone else, even Rangers guy) can make it, we have a game planned for Tuesday night at 7.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
  #28
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Ah, I almost forgot - my friend Deborah got some good pics of our game/bbq last Saturday...













Last edited by JonnyGaloshes: 07-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.
JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
  #29
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
Ah, I almost forgot - my friend Deborah got some good pics of our game/bbq last Saturday...











That looks like a pretty nice rink.

Word of advice though, you might want to invest in some real goalie nets.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:28 PM
  #30
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
I thought so. I'm barely welcomed in Pennsylvania, let alone a roller hockey rink.
I was obviously joking. I mean we would probably tear into you quite a bit being a Rangers fan, but I would say go and play for the fun of it. Just dont wear any Rags garb or let it be known you are a fan.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
  #31
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Just a reminder...game tonight at 7. Rizzo Rink, Front and Washington.

Pikachu, do you know any goatlenders? I'd love to play with a real goal/goalie setup.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:48 PM
  #32
Richyrich
Registered User
 
Richyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
Ah, I almost forgot - my friend Deborah got some good pics of our game/bbq last Saturday...











Great shots man, I really need to make it out soon. When is your next game after tonight? i used to live right on 7th and washington (now getting there is a little more of a trip, but not too bad), I might even be able to bring out 1 or 2 more and possibly a goalie.

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
  #33
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
Great shots man, I really need to make it out soon. When is your next game after tonight? i used to live right on 7th and washington (now getting there is a little more of a trip, but not too bad), I might even be able to bring out 1 or 2 more and possibly a goalie.

Not really sure, but I'll post in here as soon as I know. Bring as many people as you can...the more the merrier.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
  #34
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Did anyone from here come tonight? We had a few randoms show up and play, but I forgot to ask.

Anyway, we're setting up a game for either Saturday or next Tuesday (7/20) and I wanted to let you guys know ahead of time in case you need to shuffle things around to make it. Let me know which day you'd prefer. Saturday would probably be around 2 or 3, and Tuesday would be at 7.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:54 AM
  #35
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
shoot into a trashcan is pretty damn old school. keep it real fellas haha

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
  #36
goog
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
New member on hfboards, but im always on here to read posts. My friend and I are students at Drexel and want to jump in on a pick-up game here and there. How often do these happen?

goog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
  #37
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog View Post
New member on hfboards, but im always on here to read posts. My friend and I are students at Drexel and want to jump in on a pick-up game here and there. How often do these happen?
Once a week usually...twice on good weeks.

Trying to play on Saturday?

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:50 AM
  #38
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
I actually get pick-up games in South Jersey sometimes but would be interested in the next time you guys got something going. Keep posting the info here.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
  #39
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
I actually get pick-up games in South Jersey sometimes but would be interested in the next time you guys got something going. Keep posting the info here.
Saturday around 2 is the next one (which you've probably noticed in the above posts, but just wanted to make sure). Let me know if you can make it, and feel free to bring anyone else you know who would want to play.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 10:39 AM
  #40
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
The game today has been moved to 6. Too hot for 2. Hope some of you make it out.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
  #41
goog
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
plan on playing any games sometime this week?

goog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
  #42
Gordie Howe Headlock
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Phila
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
I live in South Philly right around 16th and Passyunk. I've been away the past few weekends but i'd love to play. i would even be up for a week day game.

Gordie Howe Headlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
  #43
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
I think we might put a game together for Sunday evening (6 or 7ish), but I still need to talk to some people. I'll post again when I know more, but definitely let me know if you're interested.

On a related note, I set up a mailing list to make organizing these games a bit easier. Sign up at www.gmailinglist.com/philadelphiastreethockey to get emails with times, dates, and locations of games.

Tell your friends.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
  #44
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
I think we might put a game together for Sunday evening (6 or 7ish), but I still need to talk to some people. I'll post again when I know more, but definitely let me know if you're interested.

On a related note, I set up a mailing list to make organizing these games a bit easier. Sign up at www.gmailinglist.com/philadelphiastreethockey to get emails with times, dates, and locations of games.

Tell your friends.
Ill extend the offer once more to you guys.

Here in Marlton, 15-20 minutes tops from center city, we are getting a pickup game starting at 6. Its right off Rt. 73 across from the promenade and Virtua hospital. Literally right behind the Wawa. let me know if you are interested. We get a very good turnup and the rinks are awesome. Almost regulation sized with boards, nets, and we usually get 2 goalies.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:26 PM
  #45
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Ill extend the offer once more to you guys.

Here in Marlton, 15-20 minutes tops from center city, we are getting a pickup game starting at 6. Its right off Rt. 73 across from the promenade and Virtua hospital. Literally right behind the Wawa. let me know if you are interested. We get a very good turnup and the rinks are awesome. Almost regulation sized with boards, nets, and we usually get 2 goalies.
I would be so down for that. For some reason I read your other posts as meaning that that spot would be good for a pickup game, not that you actually have one going.

What day(s) is this happening?

**edit** if you want to get some more people involved I could probably get some of the guys I usually play with to drive up. The mailing list thing is working (two new sign ups since I posted it here) so I could send out an email as well


Last edited by JonnyGaloshes: 07-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.
JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
  #46
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
I would be so down for that. For some reason I read your other posts as meaning that that spot would be good for a pickup game, not that you actually have one going.

What day(s) is this happening?

**edit** if you want to get some more people involved I could probably get some of the guys I usually play with to drive up. The mailing list thing is working (two new sign ups since I posted it here) so I could send out an email as well
We play on Sundays at 6 now since the sun is out long enough. They have lights too, its just a matter of if we can turn them off. It never used to be fenced, but the neighbors complain so they fenced it up and put locks on it. If anyone got lock cutters, it would be greatly appreciated.


When it starts getting into the fall and the sun not being up as long, we switch it back to Sunday mornings at 9:30.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:58 PM
  #47
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
We play on Sundays at 6 now since the sun is out long enough. They have lights too, its just a matter of if we can turn them off. It never used to be fenced, but the neighbors complain so they fenced it up and put locks on it. If anyone got lock cutters, it would be greatly appreciated.


When it starts getting into the fall and the sun not being up as long, we switch it back to Sunday mornings at 9:30.

I'll come for sure this week. What's the exact address?

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:07 AM
  #48
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
I'll come for sure this week. What's the exact address?
701 Lippincott Drive


That address is for a daycamp called Under the Sun. But literally right next to it, when you pull into the daycamp is a dirt road that leads back to 3 roller hockey rinks.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:14 AM
  #49
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie Howe Headlock View Post
I live in South Philly right around 16th and Passyunk. I've been away the past few weekends but i'd love to play. i would even be up for a week day game.
I envy you very much sir. 7 blocks down is heaven.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
  #50
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
701 Lippincott Drive


That address is for a daycamp called Under the Sun. But literally right next to it, when you pull into the daycamp is a dirt road that leads back to 3 roller hockey rinks.
Word...I'll be there. I'll send out an email right now to the people I play with and let you know in the next couple of days how many of us are coming.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.