HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Street Hockey

Old
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
god no.
I thought so. I'm barely welcomed in Pennsylvania, let alone a roller hockey rink.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
JonnyGaloshes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendoxtapes View Post
i've been looking to jump in on a pick up game. has anyone verified a weekly game down at the rizzo rink? if so, details?
We don't have a set day or anything, but we've been playing at least once a week down there.

If you (or anyone else, even Rangers guy) can make it, we have a game planned for Tuesday night at 7.

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
JonnyGaloshes

Ah, I almost forgot - my friend Deborah got some good pics of our game/bbq last Saturday...

Last edited by JonnyGaloshes: 07-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
Ah, I almost forgot - my friend Deborah got some good pics of our game/bbq last Saturday...

That looks like a pretty nice rink.

Word of advice though, you might want to invest in some real goalie nets.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:28 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
I thought so. I'm barely welcomed in Pennsylvania, let alone a roller hockey rink.
I was obviously joking. I mean we would probably tear into you quite a bit being a Rangers fan, but I would say go and play for the fun of it. Just dont wear any Rags garb or let it be known you are a fan.

Old
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
JonnyGaloshes

Just a reminder...game tonight at 7. Rizzo Rink, Front and Washington.

Pikachu, do you know any goatlenders? I'd love to play with a real goal/goalie setup.

Old
07-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Richyrich

Quote:

Great shots man, I really need to make it out soon. When is your next game after tonight? i used to live right on 7th and washington (now getting there is a little more of a trip, but not too bad), I might even be able to bring out 1 or 2 more and possibly a goalie.

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
JonnyGaloshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
Great shots man, I really need to make it out soon. When is your next game after tonight? i used to live right on 7th and washington (now getting there is a little more of a trip, but not too bad), I might even be able to bring out 1 or 2 more and possibly a goalie.

Not really sure, but I'll post in here as soon as I know. Bring as many people as you can...the more the merrier.

Old
07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
JonnyGaloshes

Did anyone from here come tonight? We had a few randoms show up and play, but I forgot to ask.

Anyway, we're setting up a game for either Saturday or next Tuesday (7/20) and I wanted to let you guys know ahead of time in case you need to shuffle things around to make it. Let me know which day you'd prefer. Saturday would probably be around 2 or 3, and Tuesday would be at 7.

Old
07-14-2010, 07:54 AM
JSTAFF

shoot into a trashcan is pretty damn old school. keep it real fellas haha

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
goog

New member on hfboards, but im always on here to read posts. My friend and I are students at Drexel and want to jump in on a pick-up game here and there. How often do these happen?

goog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
JonnyGaloshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog View Post
New member on hfboards, but im always on here to read posts. My friend and I are students at Drexel and want to jump in on a pick-up game here and there. How often do these happen?
Once a week usually...twice on good weeks.

Trying to play on Saturday?

Old
07-15-2010, 09:50 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

I actually get pick-up games in South Jersey sometimes but would be interested in the next time you guys got something going. Keep posting the info here.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
JonnyGaloshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
I actually get pick-up games in South Jersey sometimes but would be interested in the next time you guys got something going. Keep posting the info here.
Saturday around 2 is the next one (which you've probably noticed in the above posts, but just wanted to make sure). Let me know if you can make it, and feel free to bring anyone else you know who would want to play.

Old
07-17-2010, 10:39 AM
JonnyGaloshes

The game today has been moved to 6. Too hot for 2. Hope some of you make it out.

Old
07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
goog

plan on playing any games sometime this week?

goog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Gordie Howe Headlock

I live in South Philly right around 16th and Passyunk. I've been away the past few weekends but i'd love to play. i would even be up for a week day game.

Gordie Howe Headlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
JonnyGaloshes

I think we might put a game together for Sunday evening (6 or 7ish), but I still need to talk to some people. I'll post again when I know more, but definitely let me know if you're interested.

On a related note, I set up a mailing list to make organizing these games a bit easier. Sign up at www.gmailinglist.com/philadelphiastreethockey to get emails with times, dates, and locations of games.

Tell your friends.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
I think we might put a game together for Sunday evening (6 or 7ish), but I still need to talk to some people. I'll post again when I know more, but definitely let me know if you're interested.

On a related note, I set up a mailing list to make organizing these games a bit easier. Sign up at www.gmailinglist.com/philadelphiastreethockey to get emails with times, dates, and locations of games.

Tell your friends.
Ill extend the offer once more to you guys.

Here in Marlton, 15-20 minutes tops from center city, we are getting a pickup game starting at 6. Its right off Rt. 73 across from the promenade and Virtua hospital. Literally right behind the Wawa. let me know if you are interested. We get a very good turnup and the rinks are awesome. Almost regulation sized with boards, nets, and we usually get 2 goalies.

Old
07-21-2010, 11:26 PM
JonnyGaloshes

Quote:
Ill extend the offer once more to you guys.

Here in Marlton, 15-20 minutes tops from center city, we are getting a pickup game starting at 6. Its right off Rt. 73 across from the promenade and Virtua hospital. Literally right behind the Wawa. let me know if you are interested. We get a very good turnup and the rinks are awesome. Almost regulation sized with boards, nets, and we usually get 2 goalies.
I would be so down for that. For some reason I read your other posts as meaning that that spot would be good for a pickup game, not that you actually have one going.

What day(s) is this happening?

**edit** if you want to get some more people involved I could probably get some of the guys I usually play with to drive up. The mailing list thing is working (two new sign ups since I posted it here) so I could send out an email as well

Last edited by JonnyGaloshes: 07-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old
07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
I would be so down for that. For some reason I read your other posts as meaning that that spot would be good for a pickup game, not that you actually have one going.

What day(s) is this happening?

**edit** if you want to get some more people involved I could probably get some of the guys I usually play with to drive up. The mailing list thing is working (two new sign ups since I posted it here) so I could send out an email as well
We play on Sundays at 6 now since the sun is out long enough. They have lights too, its just a matter of if we can turn them off. It never used to be fenced, but the neighbors complain so they fenced it up and put locks on it. If anyone got lock cutters, it would be greatly appreciated.

When it starts getting into the fall and the sun not being up as long, we switch it back to Sunday mornings at 9:30.

Old
07-21-2010, 11:58 PM
JonnyGaloshes

Quote:
We play on Sundays at 6 now since the sun is out long enough. They have lights too, its just a matter of if we can turn them off. It never used to be fenced, but the neighbors complain so they fenced it up and put locks on it. If anyone got lock cutters, it would be greatly appreciated.

When it starts getting into the fall and the sun not being up as long, we switch it back to Sunday mornings at 9:30.

I'll come for sure this week. What's the exact address?

Old
07-22-2010, 12:07 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
I'll come for sure this week. What's the exact address?
701 Lippincott Drive

That address is for a daycamp called Under the Sun. But literally right next to it, when you pull into the daycamp is a dirt road that leads back to 3 roller hockey rinks.

Old
07-22-2010, 12:14 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie Howe Headlock View Post
I live in South Philly right around 16th and Passyunk. I've been away the past few weekends but i'd love to play. i would even be up for a week day game.
I envy you very much sir. 7 blocks down is heaven.

Old
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
JonnyGaloshes

Quote:
701 Lippincott Drive

That address is for a daycamp called Under the Sun. But literally right next to it, when you pull into the daycamp is a dirt road that leads back to 3 roller hockey rinks.
Word...I'll be there. I'll send out an email right now to the people I play with and let you know in the next couple of days how many of us are coming.