HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Darroll Powe resigned 1 year $725,000

Old
07-21-2010, 11:57 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I like Powe, but he deserves 650K at the most.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Shaun_W_W

vCash: 500
If Cote, Bartulis, and Boucher are waived there should be $2,402,000 in cap room with 13 forwards and 7 dmen. It is still possible to sign Turco for 2 and be a hair under the cap.

Shaun_W_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:08 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
This = No Turco unless someone is gone.
Not really. Cote is waived that's 550k. Boucher is waived/traded that's 900k. Bartulis (or some D) is waived/traded/sent down (if that's possible based on the discussion in my thread earlier today) for another 600k.

That's over 2 million in COMPLETELY unnecessary money. Turco is 100% doable...quite easily in fact. The only issue is, we risk losing Bartulis if he is indeed eligible for waivers which he appears he is.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Not really. Cote is waived that's 550k. Boucher is waived/traded that's 900k. Bartulis (or some D) is waived/traded/sent down (if that's possible based on the discussion in my thread earlier today) for another 600k.

That's over 2 million in COMPLETELY unnecessary money. Turco is 100% doable...quite easily in fact. The only issue is, we risk losing Bartulis if he is indeed eligible for waivers which he appears he is.
8 D on the roster means someone's gotta get waived/moved, if it's someone else that's even more cap space since Bartulis has the least cap hit.

EDIT - Is Bartulis really waiver eligible??? That doesn't seem right with games played/years since signing first pro contract...

Shaun_W_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 12:25 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Holmgren wont waive anyone.
meh on this deal.

GoneFullHolmgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 01:08 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
Holmgren wont waive anyone.
meh on this deal.
I talked to my source about this, and he seems to think that Cote will be waived and Bartulis start the season as a Phantom. He also said that the Flyers are NOT in on Theodore, but are still considering Turco and another defenseman or forward(!) could be moved. Holmgren is still cool with Leighton, though, and Boucher would be gone if another goalie is required. They are apparently VERY high on Bobrovsky and Eriksson, too, and they think that at least one will be in Philly in 2011-12, and Turco (or whoever) would not be signed for more than two seasons.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I like Powe, but he deserves 650K at the most.
To be honest, Homer only overpaying by 100K is a marked improvement on all of his other contracts.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I talked to my source about this, and he seems to think that Cote will be waived and Bartulis start the season as a Phantom. He also said that the Flyers are NOT in on Theodore, but are still considering Turco and another defenseman or forward(!) could be moved. Holmgren is still cool with Leighton, though, and Boucher would be gone if another goalie is required. They are apparently VERY high on Bobrovsky and Eriksson, too, and they think that at least one will be in Philly in 2011-12, and Turco (or whoever) would not be signed for more than two seasons.
It just seems to me its just not Holmgren's style to waive a guy who he consiters loyal. The only time he did that I can recall was when Briere came back in the 08-09 season from injury he was forced to waive Metropolit and Vaananen so he would have the cap space to bring back Briere.
of course you may be right with your source but I will be shocked honestly. This has been such a major downer of what I thought would be a promising offseason that I wont be shocked if Holmgren ****s things up even more.

GoneFullHolmgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 01:57 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
It just seems to me its just not Holmgren's style to waive a guy who he consiters loyal. The only time he did that I can recall was when Briere came back in the 08-09 season from injury he was forced to waive Metropolit and Vaananen so he would have the cap space to bring back Briere.
of course you may be right with your source but I will be shocked honestly. This has been such a major downer of what I thought would be a promising offseason that I wont be shocked if Holmgren ****s things up even more.
Well, Shelley is taking Cote's role as heavyweight, but he will actually play. As to Boucher, it would be out of his hands. The cap is forcing his hand, even though he put himself there. And the source also says that Holmgren is absolutely following a plan. He just screwed himself with Gagne, because he gambled that L.A. was going to come with a better offer and Lombardi never did.

Old
07-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Well, Shelley is taking Cote's role as heavyweight, but he will actually play. As to Boucher, it would be out of his hands. The cap is forcing his hand, even though he put himself there. And the source also says that Holmgren is absolutely following a plan. He just screwed himself with Gagne, because he gambled that L.A. was going to come with a better offer and Lombardi never did.
Which is sad because, at best, he is only a slightly improvement over Cote in terms of ability. He is currently, by far, the worst player that is on the roster.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:38 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Which is sad because, at best, he is only a slightly improvement over Cote in terms of ability. He is currently, by far, the worst player that is on the roster.
Shelley is an NHL player, but not a good one, no. I think Cote is borderline NHL'er at best.

Old
07-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Was Powe really necessary? I mean, he's a mediocre scrub that really offers nothing to the team. Oh, I know he has his fans on here because he can skate, but the man has hands of stone and couldn't win a faceoff to save his life. Powe isn't a necessity for this team. I'd rather have someone like Kalinski than Powe.
Your opinion stinks and is retarded. Kalinski is more expensive, hasn't shown any more offensive upside than Powe, and doesn't hit half has had as Powe. Not to mention powe is exceptionally good on the PK.

Solid PK, hard hitter and runs around the ice like he's on speed. Good for 20 points a year, well worth 725k.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Stockholm Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Your opinion stinks and is retarded. Kalinski is more expensive, hasn't shown any more offensive upside than Powe, and doesn't hit half has had as Powe. Not to mention powe is exceptionally good on the PK.

Solid PK, hard hitter and runs around the ice like he's on speed. Good for 20 points a year, well worth 725k.
This.

The guy is probably one of the fastest guys on the team, hits like a freight train, and forechecks like a madman. I hope one day he suddenely develops puck-handling abilities, but until then, he's well worth 725k.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome View Post
This.

The guy is probably one of the fastest guys on the team, hits like a freight train, and forechecks like a madman. I hope one day he suddenely develops puck-handling abilities, but until then, he's well worth 725k.
It's a shame, if you put his work ethic into someone like maroon, then you would have an all star. If the guy had anything resembling offensive talent, he would be lethal.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 05:36 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
Flyers will have $1,477,740 in cap space when Bartulis and Cote are sent to the Phantoms. They still will have 13 forwards and 7 defenseman.

Betts goes on LTIR, Nodl becomes #13, no cap space spent.

It's a must signing especially since Betts is out till November.
Your funny. Powe is not no where near a must signing. Dime a dozen players if there ever was one. There is no need for Powe at all. Nold will make 800k i believe and unless he has a spot i the top 12 he will not ride thebench in the nhl. Cote will be that 13th forward unless someone else gets hurt or they sign a vet for league min. After Betts returns then Cote may be waived. Powe a must signing, lol.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
i look forward to shelley or walker being waived. its most likely walker. waiving shelley would be pretty ****ing embarassing for holmgren though, so i can actually get behind that as well.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Garbage Goal

People are really fretting about signing Powe to a little over 700k? Wow. Talk about nit-picky.

Can Kalinski play center? If so then it would make sense for him to replace Betts until Betts comes back.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Kaktus*

Powe will make more then Betts? How is this even possible?

guru, where the hell is Turco? Is he going to sign for Cujo money or what?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Snotbubbles

Not bad, not bad at all:

OFFENSE
Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Claude Giroux ($0.822m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Ville Leino ($0.800m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Jeff Carter ($5.000m) / Daniel Carcillo ($1.075m)
Darroll Powe ($0.725m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Ian Laperriere ($1.167m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m)
DEFENSEMEN
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Matt Carle ($3.438m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Sean O'Donnell ($1.300m)
Matt Walker ($1.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Michael Leighton ($1.550m) / Brian Boucher ($0.925m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $58.860m; CAP ROOM: $1.478m; BONUSES: $0.938m

Options: Waive Walker instead of Bartulis and have 2.578 in cap space. But I think it's probably better for his development to sent Bartulis to the AHL so he can log some ice time.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Flyersguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i look forward to shelley or walker being waived. its most likely walker. waiving shelley would be pretty ****ing embarassing for holmgren though, so i can actually get behind that as well.
For the 1,000,000th time.

JODY SHELLEY IS NOT GETTING WAIVED!!!!

Would you stop with this ********!

He's going to be a fan favorite by November.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Flyersguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Powe will make more then Betts? How is this even possible?

guru, where the hell is Turco? Is he going to sign for Cujo money or what?
Most likely, Turco is signed by training camp for 10 cents on a dollar.

He's pretty much out of options at the point.

Old
07-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Flyersguru

Oh....and add Matt Walker to the "Not getting waived list."

Cote and Bartulis are going to the Phantoms.

Cote isn't even having the Cote Carnival this year because he's look for a place in NY.

Old
07-22-2010, 07:11 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Love it. Huge Powe fan

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:12 AM
CptCannon

I like this.

Oh and what the hell? Really tells something about the fans when people really gotta find the negatives out of everything.

Like this time "booohooo he's overpaid by 50k!!!"

Shape up, folks... please?

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:17 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I see a resemblance to Forsberg. That's worth 725k in itself for me.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote