HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you comfortable with Leighton and Boucher duo 2010-11?

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable with Leighton and Boucher duo 2010-11?
Yes 14 10.14%
No 74 53.62%
What can you do? 50 36.23%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
  #1
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Are you comfortable with Leighton and Boucher duo 2010-11?

Are you?

Edit: Option "What can you do?" Basically a "f no" option.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 07-22-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
  #2
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
**** no.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
  #3
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Of course not.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
  #4
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
With our current defensive core kinda, but its pretty obvious theres much room for improvement since essentially all we have is two back-up/fringe starters.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
  #5
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,766
vCash: 500
good question, who knows? Leighton could be the next Craig Anderson !

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
  #6
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Not really.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
  #7
Lab Monkey
Registered User
 
Lab Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Hopefully this is Homers last season.

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:19 PM
  #8
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,698
vCash: 500
Yeah, the answer is pretty obvious here. 9 out of 10 people on here are going to say no. The only people who should say yes to this are idiots and casual fans.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
  #9
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Yeah, the answer is pretty obvious here. 9 out of 10 people on here are going to say no. The only people who should say yes to this are idiots and casual fans.
You mean Pittsburgh, NY Rangers and Leafs fans?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
  #10
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,215
vCash: 500
My question is why isn't there a big fat huge "EFF NO!!!!!" option????


Christ, we should have offered Gagne for Schneider, hell, we could have even included a 2020 2nd rnd pick to get it done (I think that's the first 2nd rnd pick we have seeing how our GM Homer Simpson hands them out like bubblegum to little kids).

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
  #11
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
A Leighton/Boucher tanden for this season was my ULTIMATE nightmare as we were making our playoff run. I saw it coming even then, and sure enough, here we are.

The sad thing is. The rest of our team (especially the D) is so solid, that whoever is in goal will have at least moderate success, so all the supporters can claim "see...they're doing well!"

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:23 PM
  #12
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,480
vCash: 0
this poll is going to bring in the trolls from other boards to click yes.
voted **** no obviously.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
  #13
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
**** no.
I was going to ask where the "**** no" option was.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
  #14
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,698
vCash: 500
Looks like it's a two-horse race between "No" and "What can you do?".

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:25 PM
  #15
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
A Leighton/Boucher tanden for this season was my ULTIMATE nightmare as we were making our playoff run. I saw it coming even then, and sure enough, here we are.

The sad thing is. The rest of our team (especially the D) is so solid, that whoever is in goal will have at least moderate success, so all the supporters can claim "see...they're doing well!"
Perfectly stated. Can you imagine this lineup with say Lunqvist or another top end goalie instead of the bottom of the barrel ones we have???

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
  #16
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,480
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
Hopefully this is Homers last season.
Holmgren will have to resign like Clarke did. Snider will never fire him.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
  #17
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
It's the way she goes.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:33 PM
  #18
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 18,432
vCash: 500
Absol ****ing lutely mother ****ing

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO



Since we neglected to make a move at the trade deadline I have not wanted this duo. We do not have a top 40 goalie in a 30 team league !!!!

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
  #19
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,508
vCash: 500

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:58 PM
  #20
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
I chose "What Can you do?" He performed great last year. I'll make my judgment for the rest of the season about 5 or 6 games into the season.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
  #21
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I chose "What Can you do?" He performed great last year. I'll make my judgment for the rest of the season about 5 or 6 games into the season.
I chose "What can you do?", but for facetious reasons.

I don't know how you can possibly avoid a question like this though. The question is whether or not you're comfortable with the tandem, not whether or not you think they'll succeed. You don't have to wait until the season has started to know whether or not you're comfortable with them.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 03:27 PM
  #22
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I chose "What can you do?", but for facetious reasons.

I don't know how you can possibly avoid a question like this though. The question is whether or not you're comfortable with the tandem, not whether or not you think they'll succeed. You don't have to wait until the season has started to know whether or not you're comfortable with them.
Yes I do. I don't get uncomfortable until I know it's a problem. And until we see it's a problem, it's not a problem. But thinking realistically, we've seen this combo perform, especially under pressure, over the course of months, which is a decent sample size. But both are still fairly "unproven" so this combo is a giant question mark. To say I'm comfortable is a lie because of the question mark. To say I'm uncomfortable is also a lie because we've seen them perform before. So I went with the "What Can You Do?" because it's a Homer theme and I want Turco.

Really the poll is limited. It really isn't a black or white answer. Should be shades of gray.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  #23
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Yes I do. I don't get uncomfortable until I know it's a problem. And until we see it's a problem, it's not a problem. But thinking realistically, we've seen this combo perform, especially under pressure, over the course of months, which is a decent sample size. But both are still fairly "unproven" so this combo is a giant question mark. To say I'm comfortable is a lie because of the question mark. To say I'm uncomfortable is also a lie because we've seen them perform before. So I went with the "What Can You Do?" because it's a Homer theme and I want Turco.

Really the poll is limited. It really isn't a black or white answer. Should be shades of gray.
Not really, what you're saying right now is that you're comfortable with 'em... you're allowed to change your opinion, it isn't gotcha politics.

I'm not... best case scenario I see them being adequate during the regular season, but a problem against better teams.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  #24
CerpinTaxt
Registered User
 
CerpinTaxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: KY
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Not really comfortable, but among limited options (some that are better), its what can you do.

Hope they perform well though.

CerpinTaxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
  #25
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Where's Emery? He's not listed on the roster, Parent gone too.

I see a pattern here. Those two along with Gagne and Tollefsen had injury problems last season, Homer "fired" all four of them. If you sign with the Flyers you better not get injured

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.