HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

La - Edm

Old
07-22-2010, 01:55 AM
MxK1NGS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
No thanks. I like Souray but he's too injury prone, and Stoll is more important to this team then people realize.

I'd rather have Salvador. He could be had for less (assuming the Devils retain IK), and he has a better contract.
What's so great about Salvador? He is a bottom pairing guy who has is aged. Much better options are there.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 04:01 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
What's so great about Salvador? He is a bottom pairing guy who has is aged. Much better options are there.
There's not very many options out there IMO.

And nothings great about him, he's just solid and could probably be had for cheap. He's also physical, big, can fight, and has lots of PO experience. We need another guy like that in the lineup.

Ideally, Hickey could step up at some point in the season, and be the puck mover we need.

Doughty-Johnson
Scuderi-Hickey
Greene-Salvador

A nice mix of puck movers, and stay at home defensive guys.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC91 View Post

And Stoll is a player that many LA fans (at least at the main board) seem to wish out quite quickly.
Mostly Kurrilino

Quote:
Again: I didn't say that it was a good proposal for you, but a "no, I don't think that this is fair value." would have been enough instead of saying "hey this is so dumb, **** off here" (which was basically the content of what you said).
Read the whole thread. I was nice to the OP originally, and Edmonton fan replied that a counter was ridiculous, I replied that it still wasn't as bad at the OP's, then He said

Quote:
For a person who considered Souray "free" 2 weeks ago, I don't think you really deserve an opinion.
What do you care any way?
Can he not fight his own battles?
Especially ones that He escalated?

Also I was right about the reported deal. It appears it was 80M for 15 years, not 13

Quote:
That would reopen the door to the Kings, who offered Kovalchuk $80 million over 15 years and structured the deal to avoid the drastic, late drop-off that has been incorporated in other lengthy deals and was taken to an extreme by the Devils.
80/15=5.33333333, so add that caop space back in and realize the Kings indeed hahad the money for Souray and IK.

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 07-22-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
ERC91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Mostly Kurrilino
Don't know about that, but then he/she seems to be very omnipresent in every Stoll talk.

Quote:
Read the whole thread. I was nice to the OP originally, and Edmonton fan replied that a counter was ridiculous, I replied that it still wasn't as bad at the OP's, then He said
I read it. You may ask that on the main board and most people will reply that Hemsky + Gilbert for Stoll + Williams + a prospect is ways worse than the op's one.
Like I said his proposal was not good, but bad is actually a completely different kind of proposals (e.g Kaberle) and he definitely was ways less worse than these ones.

Quote:
What do you care any way?
Can he not fight his own battles?
Especially ones that He escalated?
Why shouldn't I. Don't I have the right to state my opinion?

I don't know what the whole "Souray for free" was about, but basically you were first to attack him by saying his proposal beeing bad - especially as he didn't even comment the counter offer.
The one who replied with "ridiculos" wasn't him and considering the location you cannot even be sure that he is an Edmonton fan (except you know him closer of course). So why did you then have to attack the op (which was not nice anymore)?

Quote:
Also I was right about the reported deal. It appears it was 80M for 15 years, not 13
80/15=5.33333333, so add that caop space back in and realize the Kings indeed hahad the money for Souray and IK.
At least people here say something different.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=801677

PS: It's absolutely nothing against you. It's just, that I come here to discuss hockey (which actually is my only possibility considering where I live) and therefor I can't stand when people are barking at each other also there is actually absolutely no reason and even get insulting by that.

Last edited by ERC91: 07-22-2010 at 02:08 PM.
ERC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 05:46 PM
dnicks17

So, you think..

Gilbert (40 pt dman)
Hemsky (60 pt 1st line RW, without any linemates)
Cogliano (40+ pt 2nd line C/W, could breakout soon)
Prospect/Pick (to sweeten deal)

for

Stoll (50 pt 2nd line C)
Williams (will play 30 games before getting hurt)
Prospect

...is more ridiculous than my original proposal? I did admit I undervalued Stoll because it seemed like LA fans wanted him out.

But, I think at this point you must just be trolling. There's no way someone can be serious about that.

And, honestly if you can't see how taking Souray and signing Kovy would make DL's job harder in the next few years to come, you're a lost cause.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

And, honestly if you can't see how taking Souray and signing Kovy would make DL's job harder in the next few years to come, you're a lost cause.
Harder, yes. But that was never your position before this last post.

Your proposal is probably a little too in the Kings favor now. I think your fan base would have an issue with it.

Old
07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
There's not very many options out there IMO.

And nothings great about him, he's just solid and could probably be had for cheap. He's also physical, big, can fight, and has lots of PO experience. We need another guy like that in the lineup.

Ideally, Hickey could step up at some point in the season, and be the puck mover we need.

Doughty-Johnson
Scuderi-Hickey
Greene-Salvador

A nice mix of puck movers, and stay at home defensive guys.
I like that a lot. Seriously, we just need one solid guy for the 6 role, and one of the kids can be easily slotted with Scuds as a number four.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 06:08 PM
redcard

Quote:
Did you honestly think you could come on to the Kings board and tell Kings fans that you know more about the Kings salary structure than the Kings fans here who have been here discussing it for years?

The fact is we could have picked up Souray for free off waivers and still offered Kovy the 6.1 mil AAV. We have the cap space for the next season and Souray would only be on the books for one more season in which we have easily accommodated for him as the remaining cap space and money saved in the Handzus and Williams contracts, the McCauley buyout, and probable cap increase will cover the RFA raises. As a Kings fan, I've spent a lot of time looking at potential rosters, potential numbers, and potential players and will take my math and work over yours.

We could have picked Souray up for free, we didn't, we will not be trading anything of value to acquire him. The only "lost causes" here are the people trying to tell us that they know more about our favorite team than we do.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Harder, yes. But that was never your position before this last post.

Your proposal is probably a little too in the Kings favor now. I think your fan base would have an issue with it.

That isn't my proposal. That's the proposal you claimed was better than the original proposal. The 2nd proposal is worse than all the dumb leaf fan Kaberle proposals.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
That isn't my proposal. That's the proposal you claimed was better than the original proposal. The 2nd proposal is worse than all the dumb leaf fan Kaberle proposals.
I realized that. And I still think it's better proposal since it's not including a waived player that failed to include the negative value that Souray would have at this point.

They are both bad. and I admitted that much earlier in the thread. Even though two things are bad, one could still be less bad.

The second part of my post was a joke. I should have used a sarcastic emotion to reflect that.

Consider this a part of my last post.

Old
07-23-2010, 01:34 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Yes but just with the risk on not beeing able to resign EJ,DD,WS.
No. You said it yourself, we'd resign those guys but not have the space left to fill Handzus and Williams. So really, we are debating the cost to replace Williams and Handzus, which to be fair, would likely be filled by Scheen and Loktionov, or another prospect, meaning we'd have to generate $2 -$4 million in cap space, depending on bonus money, etc. It's not unreasonable to assume the cap could increase at least $2 million. Don't forget McCauley's nearly $700,000 cap hit from his buy out comes off the books after next season too.

As well, as someone said, we could always make trades to free up cap space, teams do it every year, and to assume LA will have the exact same line up minus Handzus and Williams is a little off.

Also, it would really only be one tight year for LA, as in two seasons, both Souray and Smyth's contracts would be up, freeing up $11.4 million, plenty of money to replace them.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Harder for one year, the 2011-2012 season, when Simmonds, JJ and DD will all be on extensions and Scheen should be on the team.

After that, Smyth and Souray would be gone, and $11.4 million with them. We'd have to replace them, but I'm sure we could without having to spend the whole $11.4 million

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote