HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Souray

Old
07-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The issue with a deal that movies Souray and Smid is that the Oilers really can't afford to move a d-man like Smid. Right now they are lacking 1 top 4 guy (assuming Souray isn't in the line up). If they trade Smid along with Souray they are missing 2.

I don't think the Oilers tack on a player like Smid to get rid of Souray. Although I could definitely see them parting ways with Cogliano if the deal made sense.
Problem is Cogs really has little value by himself. It kind of got shot after the failed Heater trade and it seems he's production is going in the wrong direction the past few yrs.

So, if the Oilers want a Clowe (which, it seems, your forwards need given their lack of size), then Smid would have to be included, too.

Understand the issue of having a hole - perhaps the Sharks sweeten the deal somehow.

Anyhow, if Smid can't be had, he can't be had.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Problem is Cogs really has little value by himself. It kind of got shot after the failed Heater trade and it seems he's production is going in the wrong direction the past few yrs.

So, if the Oilers want a Clowe (which, it seems, your forwards need given their lack of size), then Smid would have to be included, too.

Understand the issue of having a hole - perhaps the Sharks sweeten the deal somehow.

Anyhow, if Smid can't be had, he can't be had.
I would love to have Clowe and if situations were different and the Oilers had some better d-men to fill in for Smid than I would definitely consider parting with him to get Clowe but a top four of:

Gilbert-Whitney
Foster-Murray

Is just not nearly good enough.

Clowe would be a luxury right now (the Oilers already have an awful lot of wingers). Smid is needed more I think.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Ementy

Here is a quick hit that baffles the mind.

Even my source had a hard time relaying it, but it came from a great source familiar with the Caps, and it's what we do here...

Last year there was rumor circulating that made more sense to me. Not a ton more, but more. It involved the Caps moving Jose Theodore's cap hit for Sheldon Souray's cap hit.

Now today... this:

"There is a scenario that would find Souray in Washington," my source told me. "Of course there is something else, something major that would have to occur, for this to happen. I have heard a team in California would have to get involved as well... but whatever that part is, it is still under the radar as of now."

As per Eklund

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 09:40 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The issue with a deal that movies Souray and Smid is that the Oilers really can't afford to move a d-man like Smid. Right now they are lacking 1 top 4 guy (assuming Souray isn't in the line up). If they trade Smid along with Souray they are missing 2.

I don't think the Oilers tack on a player like Smid to get rid of Souray. Although I could definitely see them parting ways with Cogliano if the deal made sense.

Edit: I would do Murray and Mitchell for Souray+3rd though.
Souray has no value, at all. So you want Murray and Mitchell for a 3rd? Murray is worth at least a 2nd on his own.

The Smid deal was something like:
Clowe
Murray
Mitchell
Joslin (or Huskins)

For

Smid
Souray
Cogliano

It's a pretty good deal. Since Souray is not part of the value equation your getting Clowe, Murray, Mitchell and Joslin for Smid and Cogs, plus a salary dump in Souray. To be honest, it's a bit of an overpayment on our side, but we need to clear the cap space anyway so I'm ok with it.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 09:44 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Vancouver trades Schnieder, Ehrhoff and Raymond for Chara and Fistric. Then, Boston trades Thomas for Souray. lol.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not interested in trading Smid for Clowe or Murray.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Beerfish

Whoever trades for Sheldon Souray is going to be awfully glad they did. His big negative is injuries (oh and saying oilers management and parts of the team were boneheads, which at times is pretty well correct.)

Whoever trades for Cogliano will be getting a steal if he goes on the cheap.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I'm not interested in trading Smid for Clowe or Murray.
ek seems to be hinting at a 3way deal in the works with washington and a calafornia team.

My trade proposal.

Oilers get: Fleischmann @ 4m + which is too much for caps + Clowe (Or Seto if he wants too much $? Don't shoot me)

Sharks get: Souray omark + 4th round pick from Edmonton

Washington gets: Cogliano + 3rd round pick from Edmonton

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Mr Sakich

ok, lets pretend that this time, Eklund got his information from a source instead of making it up. A quick look at team needs might get us to a possibledeal.

Washington wants a tough pp shooter like Souray but the cap hit is too great. They have extra forwards, especially valuable is Semin who is ufa in a year.

The Oilers want young dmen as we have too many forward prospects. To offer, we have Souary, may have Hemsky or Penner, Cogliano plus the ability to eat a large chunk of cap space.

The Kings were looking for a home run in Kovy so they seem to have a need for a top scorer. They have extra young dmen both playing and in their system.

To Washington - souray
To Kings - Semin
to edmonton - johnson or hickey or tuebert + Nylander (salary dump)

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
To Washington - souray
To Kings - Semin
Caps get ass ***** in that deal. No dice.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 11:08 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
ok, lets pretend that this time, Eklund got his information from a source instead of making it up. A quick look at team needs might get us to a possibledeal.

Washington wants a tough pp shooter like Souray but the cap hit is too great. They have extra forwards, especially valuable is Semin who is ufa in a year.

The Oilers want young dmen as we have too many forward prospects. To offer, we have Souary, may have Hemsky or Penner, Cogliano plus the ability to eat a large chunk of cap space.

The Kings were looking for a home run in Kovy so they seem to have a need for a top scorer. They have extra young dmen both playing and in their system.

To Washington - souray
To Kings - Semin
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Caps get ass ***** in that deal. No dice.
The Kings get is the worst if Johnson is involved. One question. If Semin were to leave the Caps, and Johnson were to leave the Kings, what in the hell is Edmonton included for? There is the start to a deal right there. The Caps would need to add more (Johnson has a lot of value after last season, and Semin only has one year left), but that deal could work a lot easier than sticking Souray in there.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 11:09 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
ek seems to be hinting at a 3way deal in the works with washington and a calafornia team.

My trade proposal.

Oilers get: Fleischmann @ 4m + which is too much for caps + Clowe (Or Seto if he wants too much $? Don't shoot me)

That's an interesting proposal...although from a needs perspective, I would hope the Oilers try to get Murray instead of Clowe.

Old
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
he Caps would need to add more (Johnson has a lot of value after last season, and Semin only has one year left), but that deal could work a lot easier than sticking Souray in there.
You are saying what? Johnson has a lot of value after last season, while 7th in goal scored and 5th in goals per game doesnt have a lot of value after last season?

There were 7 players that scored 40 goals or more last season. 40 goal dont grow on trees.

Lets look at this another way. Which of the other top 10 goal scorers could be acquire for this season?

Another Q?? Why again is it that the Caps want a pp point player?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I can see the ducks being interested if Edmonton took Blake in return. Otherwise I doubt it.
Agreed, I think Souray would be a really nice piece on the Ducks blueline. They already have enough top 6 forwards and that's what fits Blake's description. I believe both are UFA's at the end of the season, so if it doesn't work out, they could let them walk following the season.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
You are saying what? Johnson has a lot of value after last season, while 7th in goal scored and 5th in goals per game doesnt have a lot of value after last season?

There were 7 players that scored 40 goals or more last season. 40 goal dont grow on trees.

Lets look at this another way. Which of the other top 10 goal scorers could be acquire for this season?

Another Q?? Why again is it that the Caps want a pp point player?
I agree, 40 goal scorers don't grow on trees, but the Caps will be hard pressed to re-sign Semin next year and everyone knows it, so his trade value takes a hit immediately. Simon Gagne is a 30 goal scorer (and much more complete player) than Semin, and got beans because everyone knew that the Flyers had to dump him. Its a similar situation. Not as drastic, but very similar. Johnson had a bounce back season, and the Kings don't want to move him. He is guaranteed to be with them for years, much more than just one season like Semin is at this point. Obvoiusly Semin is the better player right now, but its the contract terms that make Johnson more valuable on the trade market.

I think the rumor has been that the Caps have been looking for a powerplay shooter...I don't understand why with Green on the team, but I have heard that rumor a couple of places.

Old
07-23-2010, 11:46 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I agree, 40 goal scorers don't grow on trees, but the Caps will be hard pressed to re-sign Semin next year and everyone knows it, so his trade value takes a hit immediately. Simon Gagne is a 30 goal scorer (and much more complete player) than Semin, and got beans because everyone knew that the Flyers had to dump him. Its a similar situation. Not as drastic, but very similar. Johnson had a bounce back season, and the Kings don't want to move him. He is guaranteed to be with them for years, much more than just one season like Semin is at this point. Obvoiusly Semin is the better player right now, but its the contract terms that make Johnson more valuable on the trade market.

I think the rumor has been that the Caps have been looking for a powerplay shooter...I don't understand why with Green on the team, but I have heard that rumor a couple of places.
First.

Quote:
I agree, 40 goal scorers don't grow on trees, but the Caps will be hard pressed to re-sign Semin next year and everyone knows it, so his trade value takes a hit immediately.
The Caps are not going to be hard pressed to sign Semin. Will it put a strain on the cap if they do? Sure. But they will have the funds to get a deal done if they want to. (I honestly don't want him back, but I think they might).

Second.

Quote:
This makes no ****ing sense at all I have have no idea where you're getting if from.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post

My trade proposal.

Bad deal for Edmonton.

Cogliano, Omark, two draft picks for a couple players that would be better off on a club looking to win now.

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - Gagner - Eberle
MPS - Brule - Cogliano
Jones - Fraser - Stortini
Omark, Smack

Where does Fleischmann and Clowe fit into the lineup?

Might make sense for a year but realistically you're giving up two young players and two picks for a couple players that will bring you from 30th to 25th.

Edmonton would be wise to sit tight and wait for bargains instead of win-now moves when the club is in rebuilding mode.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Curious for what? (Assume Souray is included as Oilers clearly need to rid themselves of him.)
Why? You wouldn't like my answer and there is no reason for us to move Smid. He's very well liked here, even picked Paajarvi up from the airport and went to our development camp to check out the kids. He's young enough for the rebuild and plays a style and position we are lacking. It would take a "knock our socks off" offer to get Smid out of Edmonton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl2VinceNeil View Post
Agreed, I think Souray would be a really nice piece on the Ducks blueline. They already have enough top 6 forwards and that's what fits Blake's description. I believe both are UFA's at the end of the season, so if it doesn't work out, they could let them walk following the season.
Yeah, I can't see us taking Blake. Even those of us itching to move Souray would prefer he play for us then move him for Blake. Blake is yours.

And both Souray and Blake have 2 years left on their deal.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Petro Points

My proposal:

To SJ : Souray + Cogliano + Deslaurier
To EDM: D.Murray

IMO it makes both teams better.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:13 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
First.

The Caps are not going to be hard pressed to sign Semin. Will it put a strain on the cap if they do? Sure. But they will have the funds to get a deal done if they want to. (I honestly don't want him back, but I think they might).

Second.

This makes no ****ing sense at all I have have no idea where you're getting if from.
Take a pill buddy, lol. Even if the Caps have the space, is there a guarantee that Semin won't sign elsewhere? No, he could walk. If he signs an extension, of course he is worth a lot in trade, but for the Kings to give up a top pair d-man who still has tremendous upside and will be on their team long term for a rental player would be stupid and Lombardi would have no interest.

And if you hadn't heard the Souray to Washington rumors for the past few months, I suggest you crawl out from under the rock you have been residing under.

Old
07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
My proposal:

To SJ : Souray + Cogliano + Deslaurier
To EDM: D.Murray

IMO it makes both teams better.
I think its an overpayment for Murray alone, and the Sharks would likely need to move more salary too. Take out Deslauriers (the Sharks don't need a young goalie with Greiss and Stalock both waiting in the wings) and add in a salary dump type guy from San Jose (maybe Huskins or Mitchell, not sure), and this trade looks somewhat plausible then. Might need a small something going back from Edmonton.

To SJ: Souray, Cogs, Chorney (or 4th pick)
To Edmonton: Murray and either Mitchell or Huskins

Old
07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Bad deal for Edmonton.

Cogliano, Omark, two draft picks for a couple players that would be better off on a club looking to win now.

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - Gagner - Eberle
MPS - Brule - Cogliano
Jones - Fraser - Stortini
Omark, Smack

Where does Fleischmann and Clowe fit into the lineup?

Might make sense for a year but realistically you're giving up two young players and two picks for a couple players that will bring you from 30th to 25th.

Edmonton would be wise to sit tight and wait for bargains instead of win-now moves when the club is in rebuilding mode.
Well Clowe would fit on the 3rd line in the spot where you have Cogs...not sure about Fleishschmann though.

Old
07-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
I'm a Ducks/Packers fan. The universe just imploded.

Back on topic, the Ducks could definitely be interested if Edmonton is taking salary back as others have already said.
Lol I'm a Ducks/Bears fan so I guess we are friends here and enemies off.

As for Souray: I'd do it if Blake goes the other way.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:19 PM
YoSoGordo

Sourays value may become greater reports that bieska may not be traded because salo had an injury. Hopefully more then just a rumour.

YoSoGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:29 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lol I'm a Ducks/Bears fan so I guess we are friends here and enemies off.
How does **** like this happen?

Anyway, Blake for Souray seems alright to me. I've seen some Oilers fans say they're content with their top six, but Blake would be a good addition. Easily still capable of 60 points, always hustling, great at crashing the net. And he's only getting paid three million while his cap hit is four.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote