HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov signs 2 year extension with Ufa

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2010, 10:21 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
those lines for reference were supposed to be

pk-leggy-erat
sullivan-arnott-dumont
hartnell-forsberg-radulov
smithson-fiddler-tootoo

Old
07-22-2010, 10:28 PM
hockey diva

Don't care if he comes back. He was a liability on the defensive side of the ice and I have no use for a Russian prima donna. Neither does our locker room. And I will be surprised if SK is here past November.

Old
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Don't care if he comes back. He was a liability on the defensive side of the ice and I have no use for a Russian prima donna. Neither does our locker room. And I will be surprised if SK is here past November.
sounds eerily familiar to a player that was on our team this past season

Old
07-23-2010, 06:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
...this again...

Say, Jed Ortmeyer is still out there, maybe we can just get him instead? Trade for Fiddler? We know Trotz can squeeze him into the top six!

Old
07-23-2010, 07:32 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Thats a positive attitude

Old
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Realistically, he should be set up for life with the KHL contract he's about to finish up. $14 million is a nice chunk of change. If he wants to play with the big boys, he'll be back. I just don't see what else he has to play for there. He'll get a nice raise when he comes back and a chance to play for the Cup. I think in 20 years or so when his career is over we'll find out what really happened here.

Yes he should be set for life if he wasn't stupid with his money. I wonder also if the K can circumvent this with say an extention on his current deal it won't be a new deal per se just an extention. There are always loopholes and as someone said about the IIHF with the games being in Russia can you honestly see them excluding them from the hockey tourney I don't.

Old
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You can't really just extend most contracts, well atleast not the ones I've ever seen. Contracts can be renewed but really it's a hole new contract with the same verbage. Unless optional years are in the original contract.

Old
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
29dryden29

Fat chance of anyone seeing that contract. I have a feeling he stays over there and nothing will happen to Russia in regards to the Olympics either.

Old
07-23-2010, 10:57 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Yes he should be set for life if he wasn't stupid with his money. I wonder also if the K can circumvent this with say an extention on his current deal it won't be a new deal per se just an extention. There are always loopholes and as someone said about the IIHF with the games being in Russia can you honestly see them excluding them from the hockey tourney I don't.
Depends on how the laws are written overseas. From my understanding, he has to fulfill the last year of his KHL contract and if he wants to play pro hockey after that, he has to finish out his ELC with the Preds whether it's with them or with another team. If he re-signs in Russia the IIHF will get involved and the cold war will start all over again.

Old
07-23-2010, 11:00 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Fat chance of anyone seeing that contract. I have a feeling he stays over there and nothing will happen to Russia in regards to the Olympics either.
Would we have to see it? If he plays over there after his current contract is up he's got to be playing for something. It's not like a guy is going to go to a team and say, I just want to play, don't sign me to anything, I'll do it for free. If he plays he has to have a contract and even if it's not visibly seen, it will break the deal signed by all leagues and he will not play in the Olympics in 2014 in Russia. Plain and simple. He's not going to want to take that chance and if he does it's gonna get awfully dicey.

Old
07-23-2010, 12:24 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Anyone who wouldn't like to see Rads give it another go here really needs to just forgive the kid for a mistake. I was antiRads for a while but I want him back now

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 07-23-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Not deleted, just edited.
Old
07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Anyone who wouldn't like to see Rads give it another go here really needs to just forgive the kid for a mistake. I was antiRads for a while but I want him back now
Glenn I wish you luck but can you truly say you want Rads and Kosty on the same team two serious problem players that will probably do more to disrupt the locker room than help it.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 07-23-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Deleted response to edit
Old
07-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Glenn I wish you luck but can you truly say you want Rads and Kosty on the same team two serious problem players that will probably do more to disrupt the locker room than help it.
That is the exact situation. While the team really needs Rads offense the problem in the lockerroom would be the question. As fans we are selfish at times but consider how the players would react to a guy that abandonded them. If he does come back the best thing for the team would be to trade his rights for the last year of the contract here.

Old
07-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
That is the exact situation. While the team really needs Rads offense the problem in the lockerroom would be the question. As fans we are selfish at times but consider how the players would react to a guy that abandonded them. If he does come back the best thing for the team would be to trade his rights for the last year of the contract here.
Don't you also think that Captain Ding Dong had something to do with it the way he reacted after Radulov "celebrated" that goal ?

Old
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Players in the past have expressed that they would be fine with Radulov coming back.

Old
07-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Players in the past have expressed that they would be fine with Radulov coming back.
If that is the case its a good thing if he does return. I however am not convinced that is the case, nor do I feel that the front office would be so accepting. The team could sure use the goals from this kid though.

Old
07-23-2010, 02:13 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Not a problem. If SK is a problem in the locker room, he won't be on the team if Radulov returns next year.

(There's always the chance that Radulov has matured.)

Old
07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
glenngineer

Do I worry about what SK and Rads could do to the locker, of course. Do we have enough strong personalities to handle such issues, I think we do. If Weber and Rads have been in constant contact with one another since he left and Weber is now the captain, do you think anyone is going to have issue with him coming back? If the captain is still on good terms with him and knows his heart, others will fall in line just the same. I'm sure they'll give him some ribbing and he'll have to do some form of initiation when he comes back but I think that may draw everyone closer in the end.

As far as SK goes, he's a young kid in the hockey mecca of Montreal. Some kids can handle the pressure some can't. I've watched great ballplayers come to NY and crack under the pressure, Steve Sax and Chuck Knoblach to name two. Getting SK out of Montreal may have been the best thing for him. We hear what the media presents us. If Poile and Trotz have talked to him and feel comfortable with the move, great. If he's a problem, we have other solutions and he'll be gone. It's not like we signed Yashin to be our number 1 center and we're counting on him for 80-100 points a year. If he doesn't pan out, a guy like Klasen will be in the wings ready to step in. We have enough depth up front to survive if SK is a bust and with his salary this year, it's really a no brainer to me. It's a great pick up if it pans out and a very small risk if it fails.

Old
07-23-2010, 03:10 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Do I worry about what SK and Rads could do to the locker, of course. Do we have enough strong personalities to handle such issues, I think we do. If Weber and Rads have been in constant contact with one another since he left and Weber is now the captain, do you think anyone is going to have issue with him coming back? If the captain is still on good terms with him and knows his heart, others will fall in line just the same. I'm sure they'll give him some ribbing and he'll have to do some form of initiation when he comes back but I think that may draw everyone closer in the end.

As far as SK goes, he's a young kid in the hockey mecca of Montreal. Some kids can handle the pressure some can't. I've watched great ballplayers come to NY and crack under the pressure, Steve Sax and Chuck Knoblach to name two. Getting SK out of Montreal may have been the best thing for him. We hear what the media presents us. If Poile and Trotz have talked to him and feel comfortable with the move, great. If he's a problem, we have other solutions and he'll be gone. It's not like we signed Yashin to be our number 1 center and we're counting on him for 80-100 points a year. If he doesn't pan out, a guy like Klasen will be in the wings ready to step in. We have enough depth up front to survive if SK is a bust and with his salary this year, it's really a no brainer to me. It's a great pick up if it pans out and a very small risk if it fails.
Well Glenn I do wish you the best but in the terms of SK he was in London not a hockey mecca by any stretch and he was a problem here but as you said smal risk on teh salary side. Gainey had many talks with him and threw his support behind him and had him come back to the team. His problem is he has always felt he was bigger than teh team. My other thought is if he acts this way and Rads is there they may feed off each other in that aspect which could get really ugly. I will be down in Nov I think to catch a Hawks game I believe and we can chat about it more then and I can heckle the hell out of SK.

Old
07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

SK might be a disruption in the locker room, but until Radulov pulled his skip-town-for-money stunt he wasn't that big of a distraction. He was called out by Trotz for not being responsible enough on defense, and I'm sure that caused him to be a bit of a pain. Honestly, though, if I were a talented offensive hockey player who was just called out for not being defensive-minded enough while playing on a team with Jason Arnott I'd probably be miffed, too.

Old
07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Liquidfire3240

For what its worth, (boy I seem to say that a lot)
Radulov left after Hordichuk, whom I remember as being one of Radulov's true "buddies", got shipped away.
If he can befriend one of the smaller 3rd or 4th line players that never had a chance to meet him before he cut and ran.
(anyone really bored and want to research whos new on the team since 07-08?)

I dont think SK will have that problem because this is a smaller hockey town than montreal, in a city that wont boo the other teams country, one that wont boo someone on their own team for a few mistakes, also he has Bouillon to lean on as someone he already knows....but I rant.

Old
07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Radulov left after Hordichuk, whom I remember as being one of Radulov's true "buddies", got shipped away.
If he can befriend one of the smaller 3rd or 4th line players that never had a chance to meet him before he cut and ran.

I dont think SK will have that problem because this is a smaller hockey town than montreal, in a city that wont boo the other teams country, one that wont boo someone on their own team for a few mistakes, also he has Bouillon to lean on as someone he already knows....but I rant.
New since 07-08:
Ward
Goc
Lombardi
Wilson
Hornqvist
Kostitsyn
Belak
Bouillon
Franson
Parent
Sulzer
O'Reilly
Rinne (only played half of one game that year)
Whoever our backup goalie is going to be
Sullivan technically was on the team, but didn't play in 07-08.

Gone from the 07-08 team:
Arnott
Zidlicky
Fiddler
Bonk
Hamhuis
Gelinas
Nichol
Koistinen
De Vries
Hlavac
Peverley
Ortmeyer
Zanon
Hordichuk
Mason
Ellis

(For the record, that took me less than ten minutes.)

With all the new blood, I don't see why Radulov wouldn't be welcomed back into the fold. It would essentially be a fresh start for him.

Old
07-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
New since 07-08:
Ward
Goc
Lombardi
Wilson
Hornqvist
Kostitsyn
Belak
Bouillon
Franson
Parent
Sulzer
O'Reilly
Rinne (only played half of one game that year)
Whoever our backup goalie is going to be
Sullivan technically was on the team, but didn't play in 07-08.

Gone from the 07-08 team:
Arnott
Zidlicky
Fiddler
Bonk
Hamhuis
Gelinas
Nichol
Koistinen
De Vries
Hlavac
Peverley
Ortmeyer
Zanon
Hordichuk
Mason
Ellis

(For the record, that took me less than ten minutes.)

With all the new blood, I don't see why Radulov wouldn't be welcomed back into the fold. It would essentially be a fresh start for him.
Well done, well done indeed. Thats like, half of an entire team for him thats new.
Cant really say I miss any of the ones that we have lost over the past 2 years, maybe Bonk and Nichol just for their faceoffs.

But back to the point, thats almost half a team that he hasnt directly offended, and that he can still make amends with the half that he has, Im sure quite a few team meetings would take place before it all.

Old
07-23-2010, 07:26 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Well done, well done indeed. Thats like, half of an entire team for him thats new.
Cant really say I miss any of the ones that we have lost over the past 2 years, maybe Bonk and Nichol just for their faceoffs.

But back to the point, thats almost half a team that he hasnt directly offended, and that he can still make amends with the half that he has, Im sure quite a few team meetings would take place before it all.
Plus why would Poile continue to talk with Rad if he knew that there would be resentment in the lockeroom. I'm sure Poile knows the entire story and wants Rad back. So I don't see it as an issue.

Old
07-23-2010, 10:30 PM
29dryden29

Quote:

SK played here in London and was like that here he was a distraction in teh locker room and we are a small hockey town also. No real limelight no real scene like being in say Toronto or Montreal and even less than Nashville other than the University here. He was a distraction and still lives up to that. I do hope you get something out of him but I have a feeling you may not. If you guys thought Rads was pissy after being called out just wait till SK gets a taste of the press box or gets stapled to the bench for a period etc it is going to be on like donkey kong. Good luck with one or both you really will need it especially where SK is concerned.

Closed Thread