HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

former 4th overall for 5th overall

Old
07-23-2010, 11:04 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Thank-you. It isn't like Wheeler is the slug some of you low-ballin sonsof*****es are making him out to be...
well, Kings are ran by AEG and Lombardi..

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
LOL, god those NESN guys' suck . . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:36 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I just don't think Wheeler is a Lombardi-type of guy.

He has had contract issues since he was drafted by Phoenix. Unnecessary headaches. There are plenty of other guys with his skill to target.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I just don't think Wheeler is a Lombardi-type of guy.

He has had contract issues since he was drafted by Phoenix. Unnecessary headaches. There are plenty of other guys with his skill to target.
Wheeler doesn't impress me as someone that wants to move west. Don't know why I have that feeling, I guess because he dissed Phoenix for no apparent reason.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

If Wheeler is abitration bound, either I'd work out a contract BEFORE arbitration that we can live with, or I wouldn't even consider this trade. Hickey could be a valuebale trading chip, to trade him for someone who we let walk a week later would be a major malfunction for the Kings.

That said, if Boston is that worried, why not wait until after the arbitration. We may be able to take a shot at him for free if Boston lets him go, and if not, we could talk this trade with Boston.

Personally, I think Hickey's value is at an all-time low right now and we'd be better to hold him until the trade deadline to see if he can have a healthy season full of improvement to net a better return.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
tomd

Kings fans really want to pay Savard $4 million per year from now until he is 39 years old? REALLY? Are you THAT desperate or just don't understand the cap world?

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Kings fans really want to pay Savard $4 million per year from now until he is 39 years old? REALLY? Are you THAT desperate or just don't understand the cap world?
4 million a year cap hit for a #1 C is like gold, so yea, I am pretty sure they understand the cap world.

Since Marleau resigned, we lost on Kovy, and there are no other offensive FA out there, I wouldn't mind getting Savard, though he isn't a favorite of mine by any means.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 02:03 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Thank-you. It isn't like Wheeler is the slug some of you low-ballin sonsof*****es are making him out to be...

Haha that's embaraqssing.

But ya I'd be good with Wheeler for Hickey. Take a good young winger that is ready now and give up a D prospect, which we have a few.
Edit: I see some say he has attitude problems, so ya not sure Dean would risk it.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 02:05 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
4 million a year cap hit for a #1 C is like gold, so yea, I am pretty sure they understand the cap world.

Since Marleau resigned, we lost on Kovy, and there are no other offensive FA out there, I wouldn't mind getting Savard, though he isn't a favorite of mine by any means.
I'm glad you're not steering the ship. Paying Savard $4 million at 33-34-35 years old is barely tolerable...paying him $4 million at 36-37-38-39 is fiscally insane.

Old
07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Colt.45Orr

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
So if this is the case then Boston would never trade Wheeler for Hickey, end of debate?
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think they're necessarily looking to get rid of Wheeler, it's just that his contract demands are more than they're willing to pay. Depending on how ready they feel guys like Seguin, Marchand, and Sobotka are to step into scoring roles, they might be willing to move Wheeler for futures. If they're concerned that they'll need some more established help, they might be looking to move Wheeler for a similar or more experienced player.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
DeeMeck

Wheeler to the Leafs for their first in 2013 and 2014.

Old
07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think they're necessarily looking to get rid of Wheeler, it's just that his contract demands are more than they're willing to pay. Depending on how ready they feel guys like Seguin, Marchand, and Sobotka are to step into scoring roles, they might be willing to move Wheeler for futures. If they're concerned that they'll need some more established help, they might be looking to move Wheeler for a similar or more experienced player.
Sobotka was dealt to the Blues.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 02:42 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I put it in one of the other threads as well. Clarke MacArthur was awarded $2.4M in his arbitration case and Atlanta walked away. I'm starting to think it would be wise if Dean waited on some of these arbitration cases to be decided. There may be some other players that are in this category coming soon.

Old
07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Sobotka was dealt to the Blues.
Missed that one while I was traveling. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I put it in one of the other threads as well. Clarke MacArthur was awarded $2.4M in his arbitration case and Atlanta walked away. I'm starting to think it would be wise if Dean waited on some of these arbitration cases to be decided. There may be some other players that are in this category coming soon.
I'm curious to see what Raymond, Fleischmann, and Wheeler get. Those guys could all bring something to the Kings that we need.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 03:05 PM
no name

Let's draw up the paperwork.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Missed that one while I was traveling. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm curious to see what Raymond, Fleischmann, and Wheeler get. Those guys could all bring something to the Kings that we need.
Exactly. After seeing that arbitration award for MacArthur, are these other GMs going to get itchy trigger fingers and want to make a deal before the case is heard to avoid having to make a tough decision?

Dean knows how to make hockey trades and loves it when the opposition is at a disadvantage.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable package for Raymond? Only problem with Vancouver is that it's another team that won't want to do a deal with the Kings. Vancouver wants to move Bieksa for sure and it sounds like they are only talking to Eastern Conference teams on that front. I am sure if they have to move Raymond or another decent forward they will look East first. Probably the only way for Dean to get Raymond is to get him to sign an offer sheet, and we know that story. That's one of my biggest gripes with Dean. He didn't paint these other GMs into a corner, it was their own doing and he should take advantage of it.

Last edited by KINGS17: 07-23-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old
07-23-2010, 03:50 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
I'm glad you're not steering the ship. Paying Savard $4 million at 33-34-35 years old is barely tolerable...paying him $4 million at 36-37-38-39 is fiscally insane.
Yet Paying Kovalchuk 6 million or more at 37-38-39 is, what, better? lol

Old
07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Exactly. After seeing that arbitration award for MacArthur, are these other GMs going to get itchy trigger fingers and want to make a deal before the case is heard to avoid having to make a tough decision?

Dean knows how to make hockey trades and loves it when the opposition is at a disadvantage.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable package for Raymond? Only problem with Vancouver is that it's another team that won't want to do a deal with the Kings. Vancouver wants to move Bieksa for sure and it sounds like they are only talking to Eastern Conference teams on that front. I am sure if they have to move Raymond or another decent forward they will look East first. Probably the only way for Dean to get Raymond is to get him to sign an offer sheet, and we know that story. That's one of my biggest gripes with Dean. He didn't paint these other GMs into a corner, it was their own doing and he should take advantage of it.
Raymond and Bieksa would probably cost a roster player, Moller, Hickey/Teubert and a solid prospect/pick combo.

But Raymond can't be offered an offer sheet now because he filed for arbitration,

Old
07-23-2010, 03:55 PM
DeeMeck

Players going to arbitration don't carry much value IMO. If a team is cap strapped and fear losing a player due to an unfavorable arbitration hearing, I think other teams would just wait until the player becomes a UFA.

Players coming off arbitration can't be traded for a year IIRC.

Old
07-23-2010, 03:55 PM
tomd

Quote:
Yet Paying Kovalchuk 6 million or more at 37-38-39 is, what, better? lol
That is lunacy as well...did I ever suggest that?

Lombardi is being correctly cautious right now anticipating a significant reduction in the cap as part of the next CBA. You can ***** up the salary structure of the entire organization for the next 5-6 years with one bad signing or trade. Lombardi knows that. You should learn it.

Old
07-23-2010, 04:04 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
That is lunacy as well...did I ever suggest that?

Lombardi is being correctly cautious right now anticipating a significant reduction in the cap as part of the next CBA. You can ***** up the salary structure of the entire organization for the next 5-6 years with one bad signing or trade. Lombardi knows that. You should learn it.
Yes, you can, 4 million for a top line C, isn't gonna do that.

But you keep going with that, Savard has one of the most cap friendly vs production contracts in the league.

Old
07-23-2010, 04:13 PM
tomd

Quote:
Yes, you can, 4 million for a top line C, isn't gonna do that.

But you keep going with that, Savard has one of the most cap friendly vs production contracts in the league.
We can agree to disagree on whether he is a top line center at age 33.

If he were 27 and signed for the next 6 years...no problem.

Acquiring a 33 year-old, coming off a major injury, and signed for 6 more years is just plain dumb if I'm controlling the purse strings. But hey, on an internet chat board it probably makes perfect sense.

Old
07-23-2010, 07:30 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
We can agree to disagree on whether he is a top line center at age 33.

If he were 27 and signed for the next 6 years...no problem.

Acquiring a 33 year-old, coming off a major injury, and signed for 6 more years is just plain dumb if I'm controlling the purse strings. But hey, on an internet chat board it probably makes perfect sense.
LOL, I understand the fear of acquiring him at 33, but to not call him a top line center, BECAUSE he is 33, is well, interesting at best.

Old
07-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
A speedy sniper with a nose for the net who can wheel in and out of traffic. This kid is a keeper. He's been told at every level that he's too small, but he gets the job done and the job done well. Reminds me of someone else.

Dont let this one go, Deano.
Yeah, he reminds me of Martin St. Louis...I hope you weren't referring to squid as "speedy" and your love child have nothing in common

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote