HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Anybody see Kitchener - Owen Sound game 1?

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2005, 09:14 AM
kov

vCash: 500
Anybody see Kitchener - Owen Sound game 1?

Match reports? Pleeeeaaase?

Old
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Here's a little bit of a rundown - I may be forgetting a few things, and there may be others who can add more, but here goes:

It was a hard hitting, fast paced game for the most part. Owen Sound completely dominated on the shot clock, but Kitchener's goalie, Pfligler, played an outstanding game (and a well deserved first star). The first goal came in the second period - Clarkson from Richards and Benoit. There was no scoring until about 5:00 left in the third, when Angelidis (I believe) redirected a Bobby Ryan shot after a brutal giveaway by Kitchener's Benoit.

In OT, Kitchener came out with more energy and Clarkson scored on a little wraparound that trickled between Brown and the post.

The difference in the game was twofold... Pfligler stood on his head, and Kitchener's PK shut down the Attack. More than a couple of Kitchener's good scoring chances came while shorthanded.

Game 2 tomorrow night in Kitchener.

GO RANGERS!!!

Old
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
kov

Thanks, many thanks. So you'd say that the Attack played a bit better but hit a hot goalie?

Wonder how long he'll stay hot.

[edit: BTW, I know you're a Rangers fan, so what ratings would you give to Rangers' skaters?]

Old
04-07-2005, 10:10 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kov
Thanks, many thanks. So you'd say that the Attack played a bit better but hit a hot goalie?

Wonder how long he'll stay hot.
Nothing quite like a hot goalie to frustrate good teams. Macdonald did the same thing to the knights last round. They can be team killers in the playoffs.

Tom

Old
04-07-2005, 10:23 AM
flip588

The overtime effort from the Attack was extremely flat. There is good reason the Rangers scored so quickly, whether it was a pretty one or not.

Richards almost single handedly shut down the Attack's powerplay last night, it looked non-existent. He deserved a star selection over Patrick Jarrett.

The Attack simply did not match the Rangers last night. They did not respond to the physical play at all. A guy like Big Snake was brought into Owen Sound for that exact reason, and did not step up, nor did anyone else. Hopefully this gets them motivated, but it will be hard to win in Kitchener.

Old
04-07-2005, 03:04 PM
MetalMilitia

Totally biased and incompetent reffing. Branch must want the big markets in the final.

Old
04-07-2005, 03:27 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan33
Totally biased and incompetent reffing. Branch must want the big markets in the final.
I saw a few poor calls and non-calls on both sides. I'm guessing you didn't see the non-calls and poor calls that went in Owen Sound's favour.

Old
04-07-2005, 03:28 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I saw a few poor calls and non-calls on both sides. I'm guessing you didn't see the non-calls and poor calls that went in Owen Sound's favour.
What would a good series be without someone whining about the refs and a "fix". If the knights lose in these playoffs you can be damn sure I'll be complaining about the refs

Tom

Old
04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Well I didn't go to the game and didn't get to see it on Rogers Television either because of the Kiwanis Auction(I was pissed, but then was glad I didn't see it, since the attack lost). I did however, listen to it online on 570 News Radio, Kitchener(the commentators were annoying, but that's a whole different story). Getting back on topic, the attack had a lot of shots on Pfligler, but could only get one shot past him, unfortunately. That's just the way it goes sometimes, with hot goalies. They have to figure out a way to beat him! As for the OT, totally flat, obviously! I think that the problem was, they hadn't played for days, whereas the Rangers were coming off of a big high, coming back from behind and beating Erie in round 1 of the playoffs. Hopefully the Attack will regroup and play great against Kitchener on Friday. It was a disappointing loss for the attack and us fans, but it was luckily only one game. Still a ways to go yet.

GO ATTACK GO!!!!!!!!

Old
04-08-2005, 07:16 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan33
A little early to be yelling conspiracy.. but when the ref is looking right at Valabik sitting on Bobby Ryan with no intention of getting up, you do wonder.

Closed Thread