HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
leaflifer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflifer View Post
Yeah its looking more and more like he will stay for those 2 years
just a guess on my part too though

Old
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

The Sioux tend to just reload.From Brad Schlossmans blog:

UND has landed one of the most coveted recruits in the country.

Californian Rocco Grimaldi sent a text message to a local sports writer in Grand Forks this morning simply stating: "I am a North Dakota Fighting Sioux."

This is huge for the Sioux.He will be coming in when the 2011 season comes around.

Old
07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I hate to be one to point out semantics, but doesn't that mean he will not be a North Dakota Fighting Sioux?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I hate to be one to point out semantics, but doesn't that mean he will not be a North Dakota Fighting Sioux?
Ya know you rodent fans are all the same.I had a guy tell me the same thing on another site.He and we and the rest of us will always be Fighting Sioux.The name will live on despite being taken away.

Old
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Ya know you rodent fans are all the same.I had a guy tell me the same thing on another site.He and we and the rest of us will always be Fighting Sioux.The name will live on despite being taken away.
Well this is the "North Dakota Fighting somethings" thread. That's the only reason I bring it up.

Old
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Well this is the "North Dakota Fighting somethings" thread. That's the only reason I bring it up.
Fighting Sioux until otherwise different.

Old
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
The Sioux tend to just reload.From Brad Schlossmans blog:

UND has landed one of the most coveted recruits in the country.

Californian Rocco Grimaldi sent a text message to a local sports writer in Grand Forks this morning simply stating: "I am a North Dakota Fighting Sioux."

This is huge for the Sioux.He will be coming in when the 2011 season comes around.
The scouting report on Grimaldi is that he is ultra-competitive, possesses top-end speed, has great vision and plays bigger than his size. Also he has a hell of a hockey name.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

79 days till the puck drops.

Old
07-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Andy Baggot out of Wisconsin is reporting it's expected Wisconsin decommit Jordan Schmaltz will wind up playing for North Dakota. Also, a poster at USCHO reported that Baggot indicated during a radio show that Schmaltz' family had stated North Dakota was the best fit for him.He is also looking at juniors up in Canada but is leaning towards the Sioux.Huge if he commits.

Old
07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Rocco is going to be a stud for the Sioux.

Obviously the Sioux simply reload, not rebuild, but with Forbort, Rocco, Brock, etc this team is going to be flat out dangerous in two seasons.

Old
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Rocco is going to be a stud for the Sioux.

Obviously the Sioux simply reload, not rebuild, but with Forbort, Rocco, Brock, etc this team is going to be flat out dangerous in two seasons.
Ah they will be flat out dangerous this year.They lost 2 players to graduation last year with the 3rd senior coming back in Genoway.They will contend for a national championship this year.Can't wait for the season to start.

Old
07-24-2010, 08:36 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Quote:
Ah they will be flat out dangerous this year.They lost 2 players to graduation last year with the 3rd senior coming back in Genoway.They will contend for a national championship this year.Can't wait for the season to start.
I'm predicting they win the NC in '12. I think they'll go deep this year, but will just fall short.

Even if Kristo bolts after this season (I think he'll play 3), they have more than enough firepower coming in to replace him.

Forbort is going to be disgusting.

Old
07-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm predicting they win the NC in '12. I think they'll go deep this year, but will just fall short.

Even if Kristo bolts after this season (I think he'll play 3), they have more than enough firepower coming in to replace him.

I think they have a great shot at it this year.Considering this is the last year with the Fighting Sioux nickname it would be a hell of a time to do it.

Old
07-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

The MVP of the MJHL has committed to play at UND this fall.

Taylor Dickin, 21, had 40 goals, 52 assists and 92 points with Selkirk last season. Dickin has good size at 6-foot-2, 195 pounds. He participated in the Toronto Maple Leafs' prospect camp as an undrafted player.

Great pick up this late in the summer.

Old
07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Now it looks like Dickin won't be coming in after the first of the year.Not a big deal as the Sioux are sitting just fine until then unlike the soap opera over in gooferland.Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Old
07-30-2010, 01:07 AM
sfo

Quote:

The Sioux are taking it this year. I'm calling it. Those east coast people can put BC's name on it all they want, I'm not buying it. Kind of like how they said BC didn't lose "anyone" from the NC championship team. (Lies! - for one, the Frozen Four MVP graduated and signed with the Hawks...and 4 other seniors graduated too). Oh, and we're also going to win because all my teams are winning championships this year. The Blackhawks won the Cup, the Twins are going to win the World Series, the Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl, and I don't care about basketball, and the Sioux are going to win the Nat'l Championship. (hehe...wishful thinking on the Twins & Vikes obviously)

On a side note, I really enjoyed the comment I read somewhere how the Gophers can't get their players to stay and the only way to get any of ours to leave is to duct tape them to an outbound train. That made me chuckle.

Old
07-31-2010, 10:03 AM
RabidBadger

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
The Sioux are taking it this year. I'm calling it. Those east coast people can put BC's name on it all they want, I'm not buying it. Kind of like how they said BC didn't lose "anyone" from the NC championship team. (Lies! - for one, the Frozen Four MVP graduated and signed with the Hawks...and 4 other seniors graduated too). Oh, and we're also going to win because all my teams are winning championships this year. The Blackhawks won the Cup, the Twins are going to win the World Series, the Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl, and I don't care about basketball, and the Sioux are going to win the Nat'l Championship. (hehe...wishful thinking on the Twins & Vikes obviously)
I'm not seeing anyone handing BC the title next year, but they have to be considered highly in the mix. I think losing Sneep on the backline will hurt them more than people think. My gut tells me no repeat for BC. The Giouxns have as good
a chance as anyone.

I share your enthusiasm about the Twins. The Vikes? I'm glad you guys have to watch Fav-ruh blow a playoff game at a critical moment

Old
07-31-2010, 04:05 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

[QUOTE=RabidBadger;27179794]
Quote:

I'm not seeing anyone handing BC the title next year, but they have to be considered highly in the mix. I think losing Sneep on the backline will hurt them more than people think. My gut tells me no repeat for BC. The Giouxns have as good
a chance as anyone.

I share your enthusiasm about the Twins. The Vikes? I'm glad you guys have to watch Fav-ruh blow a playoff game at a critical moment
I was at a friend's wedding in the cities two weekends ago. Checked out the new Target field downtown and it's extremely nice. About time they got out of that dog **** dome. haha

Old
07-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

[QUOTE=BrodeursCups;27183762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post

I was at a friend's wedding in the cities two weekends ago. Checked out the new Target field downtown and it's extremely nice. About time they got out of that dog **** dome. haha
TCF stadium is one sweet venue.I agree the dome for baseball was a frickin joke.That was the main reason why we didn't go to as many games as we normally would of gone to.I saw plenty at the old Met and now with TCF being built we will go see many more.

Old
08-01-2010, 12:52 AM
RabidBadger

[QUOTE=BrodeursCups;27183762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post

Yeah, the Huey-dome looked like Soviet bloc style architecture covered with a dirty white giant garbage bag. At least the Twins managed to snag a couple rings while playing in that dump. The new Tar-zhay digs were voted one of the best places to see a game. I'll have to make a trip for a game when I move back to the tundra.

Old
08-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

[QUOTE=RabidBadger;27188575]
Quote:

Yeah, the Huey-dome looked like Soviet bloc style architecture covered with a dirty white giant garbage bag. At least the Twins managed to snag a couple rings while playing in that dump. The new Tar-zhay digs were voted one of the best places to see a game. I'll have to make a trip for a game when I move back to the tundra.
You won't be disappointed Rabid.

Old
08-01-2010, 06:47 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

[QUOTE=RabidBadger;27188575]
Quote:

I like the location too. I mean, the dome was downtown, but not in the heart of it like Target Field. Bars are restaurants everywhere for those seeking entertainment before.

I wasn't able to get to a game due to the bachelor party and other wedding commitments, but I'll get to one next summer as most of my friends live in the cities.

Old
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

This guy has gone through alot since the cheap shot that put him out for almost an entire season.He has battled back to the point where he will put on the Sioux jersey again.The first time he hits the ice at the Ralph the place will go nuts and rightfully so.I can't wait to be there and witness a true Fighting Sioux coming back to the game he loves.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/news/id,18723/H...#ixzz0vrQRAf12

Old
08-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Taylor Holst is not going to play for UND according to Brad Schlossman. No reason was given for this. No big deal in my book as the Sioux have plenty of other recruits that are going to be just fine.Actually I never heard about this guy until a month ago.

Old
08-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

In case you didnít see this earlier, Derek Forbort will wear No. 4; Derek Rodwell will wear No. 11; Dillon Simpson will wear No. 18; and Brock Nelson will wear No. 29.

Closed Thread