HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers trade Taffe to Hawks for Reasoner, sign Mark Cullen to 2-way deal

Old
07-23-2010, 02:49 PM
FlaPanthers7

vCash: 500
Come March when we are out of the playoff chase Reasoner will be traded for a pick, just like Stillman, McCabe, Vokoun, Dvo, or any other veteran on a 1-year deal. Tallon will just continue to accumulate assets for the draft or young prospects.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Come March when we are out of the playoff chase Reasoner will be traded for a pick, just like Stillman, McCabe, Vokoun, Dvo, or any other veteran on a 1-year deal. Tallon will just continue to accumulate assets for the draft or young prospects.
2nd rounder heaven

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 05:42 PM
305Pantera

I was wondering what was gong to happen with Taffe. I really wasn't looking forward to see him in a Panthers sweater. Tallon continues to impress.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
2nd rounder heaven
i think vokoun can be had for a first or a second plus a prospect/roster player ala seidenberg

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:46 AM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
i think vokoun can be had for a first or a second plus a prospect/roster player ala seidenberg
Either way, we should have another "double draft" the way its looking. Although it would be nice to get some prospects that are closer to contributing.

I really hope San Jose or Philly or someone has a complete goalie collapse come feb.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 09:55 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Okay, but of all posts you chose mine to respond to, so I thought it was meant to me specifically. No big deal.

I would argue though (and this was the initial reason why I posted anything) that Reasoner wasn't obtained to be a foundation piece of a possible deep playoff run 3 years from now. He's too old and won't get the minutes. His type of guy is needed but he won't make that much of a difference. No way. Instead, it was a good trade because Reasoner's main upsides are, in order: a) short contract, b) locker room leadership, c) good play and some trade value.

Also again, my comments were not in any way intended to gripe about Tallon or the Panthers. I'm rather pleased with the way the team is being managed. In fact, never before have I eagerly looked forward to what will most likely be a (badly) losing season, setting a playoff drought record.
sorry bro i just randomly picked a post that was critical.

i think youre not seeing this trade for what it is. first off, its a winning trade. any winning trade is good. with a history of losing trades its good just to have a guy who makes winning trades that dont hurt the franchise as it builds. second, its a stop gap. you had better get used to it because the roster that we have that wins a cup someday (hopefully) will be mostly panthers drafted players. but obviously it will be years before those players make the team, so for now it will be stop gap short term players that will make the team. what really counts about the stop gappers imo is that they have good solid character that starts to build the right locker room mentality and that they help the kids develop their potential. kinda like bull durham if you will. reasoner seems like just that imo. so maybe he doesnt help that much this year, but his presence will hopefully make a bigger difference long term.

and even if reasoner does nothing to help the kids on our team, well he couldnt be any worse than taffe, so who cares.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:03 PM
sabrefan27

I'm actually OK with this move from an Amerks perspective. We lose Taffe, but gain Cullen who's close to the same level and the Panthers add another forward which will push someone else down to Rochester. Still need another veteran forward and defenseman, however.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
...unless tallon pulls off a trade..
I don't see that as being very likely though. I think these are the 4 centers we will have next season.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I don't see that as being very likely though. I think these are the 4 centers we will have next season.
yup. looks like it will be weisser, rhino, matty, reasoner in that order.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote