HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Atlantic Junior Hockey League

Old
07-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Ego

vCash: 500
Atlantic Junior Hockey League

Hi guys,
what do you think about quality of this league? Is this a good league for European player? He would like to play one year there and then move to CHL, USHL or NAHL. Do you think it is possible?

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Hi guys,
what do you think about quality of this league? Is this a good league for European player? He would like to play one year there and then move to CHL, USHL or NAHL. Do you think it is possible?
How old is he? Do you know anyone involved in the league? There are only 5 or 6 Europeans in the entire league and very few Canadians. Mostly east coast kids with a few westerners sprinkled in. I don't know anyone in the league personally but based on the rosters and my experience in other junior leagues there is probably a tight knit pipeline to fill the rosters. It's all about relationships because there is tons of similar talent out there.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16 View Post
How old is he? Do you know anyone involved in the league? There are only 5 or 6 Europeans in the entire league and very few Canadians. Mostly east coast kids with a few westerners sprinkled in. I don't know anyone in the league personally but based on the rosters and my experience in other junior leagues there is probably a tight knit pipeline to fill the rosters. It's all about relationships because there is tons of similar talent out there.
He is 17 now and he should be playing in his "dream" city in US so it will be anyway great experience for him. If he can succeed there I assume a move to better league next year.
I have found out recently they have few NHL draftees every year. The only player I was a bit familiar was Peter Bondra's son David. After very good year in the league he should move to USHL now. I assume his goal is NCAA.
This year there was a Slovak player drafted from Greater Metro Hockey League to QMJHL. Am I right that AJHL is better than this GMHL?

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Edges7

Quote:
Hi guys,
AJ is predominantly a NorthEast league with some other teams sprinkled down the East Coast of the US.

By and large, it is a league secondary in talent to the EJHL but some of the top tier teams compete well against the EJ.

At 17, the kid, if he has skills, should fit in with no problem. If he has skills, he will pop up on the radars of all the leagues that you mention above.

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
He is 17 now and he should be playing in his "dream" city in US so it will be anyway great experience for him. If he can succeed there I assume a move to better league next year.
I have found out recently they have few NHL draftees every year. The only player I was a bit familiar was Peter Bondra's son David. After very good year in the league he should move to USHL now. I assume his goal is NCAA.
This year there was a Slovak player drafted from Greater Metro Hockey League to QMJHL. Am I right that AJHL is better than this GMHL?
17 is good, I was hoping you weren't going to say 18 or 19. If he can play then NAHL and USHL teams will find him coming out of the AJHL. There are plenty of people between those leagues who know each other and have created pipelines for moving kids along. I wish him good luck.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:42 AM
CoachBri21

If possible try to get on an Eastern Junior Hockey League (EJHL) team. They have much a better placement record than the AJHL. The EJ had a first round draft pick this year (Charlie Coyle -San Jose 28th overall) and a few other late round draft picks as well.

CoachBri21 is offline   Reply With Quote