HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Music

Old
07-25-2010, 11:10 AM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Atreyu
Disturbed
Iron Maiden
Van Halen
ACDC

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Blazephr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Go1d View Post
Not a bad idea, haha. I'd join if someone made one. I got the same thing when I clicked on the Last.fm links.

This summer's been an assortment of new dubstep, drum-and-bass, along with staples in my music library like Minus the Bear, Beulah, Cave In, Thrice, Hammock, Explosions in the Sky, As Tall as Lions, and the Deftones. Been on a John Mayer kick recently as well since I saw him at Jones Beach the other night. Easily one of the best performances I've ever seen.
I'd join too.

love the deftones!

awesome cover of Duran Duran's "Nightboat".

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:23 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
This summer has been a lot of The Gaslight Anthem (Love the new album, although not as much as their older ones), Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, or whatever else pops up on my iPod.

Big Dilemma coming up. Social Distortion and Gaslight both playing on July 31. Social 5 minutes from me in Hartford, Gaslight 2 hours away in Providence.... The easy fix would've been to see Social in Providence on July 30 then stay over and see Gaslight the next night. Not a viable option so now I have to make a decision. Ugh.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

This is my fav song at the moment. Really pumps me up. Makes me think of hockey, and if I'm not mistaken they play this at Ranger games.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Back From Cally

Ive been listening to alot of a7x because of the new album coming out in a few days, same with Disturbed. Also Shinedown, Pearl Jam, Motley Crue, Alter Bridge and Soundgarden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Sucks that I won't get to see Alter Bridge.
You still have a chance. AB III is coming out in the fall and they're going to tour once Myles is done with Slash's solo tour. They said that they want both AB and Creed to coexist(and personally I dont see the Creed reunion lasting that long).

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Haven't seen one of these around, and it's the dog days of summer. What's everyone listening to?

Personally, it's been a lot of The National, Gaslight Anthem, and Local Natives.

Mods, if this is no good, just scrap it.
I love Gaslight.

Here's a great vid (not the best quality though) of Brian doing "No Surrender" with The Boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_U-yQ79x8

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:38 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Godsmacks latest album.

cant get enough of it. love-hate-sex-pain is such a badass song.

Totally agreed man. I just learned the "What If" riff on guitar and I'm working on "Love-Hate-Sex-Pain". Also, the title track is one of the most bad-ass instrumental songs I've ever heard.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:40 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG MVP View Post
Ive been listening to alot of a7x because of the new album coming out in a few days, same with Disturbed. Also Shinedown, Pearl Jam, Motley Crue, Alter Bridge and Soundgarden.

You still have a chance. AB III is coming out in the fall and they're going to tour once Myles is done with Slash's solo tour. They said that they want both AB and Creed to coexist(and personally I dont see the Creed reunion lasting that long).
Yeah I can't wait for AB III. When I first heard about the Creed reunion I was worried about AB, but they're still together and the new album is on the way. I honestly think that AB is much better than Creed; they're slightly heavier, Myles is a better vocalist, and Tremonti - who is an absolute beast - has more freedom on guitar.

Old
07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
AJRanger

Good to see some Alter Bridge love; I'm seeing them and Gaslight on successive nights in October.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:46 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
This summer has been a lot of The Gaslight Anthem (Love the new album, although not as much as their older ones), Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, or whatever else pops up on my iPod.

Big Dilemma coming up. Social Distortion and Gaslight both playing on July 31. Social 5 minutes from me in Hartford, Gaslight 2 hours away in Providence.... The easy fix would've been to see Social in Providence on July 30 then stay over and see Gaslight the next night. Not a viable option so now I have to make a decision. Ugh.
I can vouch for Gaslight being GREAT live. Just saw them in June. Great show.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Back From Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Yeah I can't wait for AB III. When I first heard about the Creed reunion I was worried about AB, but they're still together and the new album is on the way. I honestly think that AB is much better than Creed; they're slightly heavier, Myles is a better vocalist, and Tremonti - who is an absolute beast - has more freedom on guitar.
Agreed. Plus Myles himself is an awesome guitarist which adds another dimension to their playing.

Also it might be me just imagining it but from watching some live Creed shows recently it seems like they dont really get as into playing the songs. The most youll see is Mark headbanging compared to a lot of interaction with each other in Alter Bridge.

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:47 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
I love Gaslight.

Here's a great vid (not the best quality though) of Brian doing "No Surrender" with The Boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_U-yQ79x8
See, the thing is, although people say they're similar and what not, I love Gaslight and DESPISE Bruce.

Being from NJ, I know that's like sacrilege, but....

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
See, the thing is, although people say they're similar and what not, I love Gaslight and DESPISE Bruce.

Being from NJ, I know that's like sacrilege, but....
I'm not from NJ but Bruce is my favorite of all-time. Anyway I liked how they coordinated on No Surrender...Brian is pretty funny on stage.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG MVP View Post
Thank God. In Loving Memory is one of the best songs I've ever heard. The band will do fine as long as they have Myles.

And don't kill me, but I don't hate Creed. I like some of their ****.

Old
07-25-2010, 11:57 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Thank God. In Loving Memory is one of the best songs I've ever heard. The band will do fine as long as they have Myles.

And don't kill me, but I don't hate Creed. I like some of their ****.
Oh I don't hate them either. I saw them live with Staind (another great band) last fall. I just think AB is much better. I never thought I'd see Creed before AB...funny how things work out.

I also have noticed how Tremonti seems to get more into it when playing live with AB than when he plays with Creed. I'm pretty sure there's one reason Creed reunited...$$$.

Old
07-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Oh I don't hate them either. I saw them live with Staind (another great band) last fall. I just think AB is much better. I never thought I'd see Creed before AB...funny how things work out.

I also have noticed how Tremonti seems to get more into it when playing live with AB than when he plays with Creed. I'm pretty sure there's one reason Creed reunited...$$$.
I'm actually going to see Creed at Jones Beach. No I didn't waste money on it, my friend had an extra

Old
07-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Went to see Iron Maiden at PNC Bank Arts Center... Bruce sounded phenomenal.

(Not my video).

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Doesn't mean you can't expand your horizons. The Beatles were my first favorite band but I've also become a hard rock/metal fan.
My horizons are expanded. I've seen Judas Priest, AC/DC and a few others. But I also listen to Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Benny Goodman, classical, and opera.

Other than U2, Pearl Jam and a few others, rock today is pretty much worthless and will not last like classic rock has. Believe it or not.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by emodwarf View Post
This summer it's been all about:

Against Me! - their album White Crosses is punky with some arena rock vibes
Propagandhi - angry, political/social-focused punk/hardcore/thrash
Bad Astronaut - great pop punk from the lead singer of Lagwagon
Far - great post hardcore band
Led Zeppelin - just started getting into them, 40 years late =P

I was initially a little surprised to see so much punk/emo/hardcore in this thread, but now that I think about it, it's not really surprising at all.
Reinventing Axel Rose is great album.
A few months ago I saw Joey Cape solo in Brooklyn
Ha, you mentioned Far? They have a new album?

And Holy ****! I can't believe Dear Landlord was mentioned in this thread.
These are the new albums iv'e been listening to:
Riverdales -Tarantula
Dopamines-Expect The Worst
Defiance, Ohio- Midwestern something (I forgot the whole name of the album)

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 01:02 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
My horizons are expanded. I've seen Judas Priest, AC/DC and a few others. But I also listen to Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Benny Goodman, classical, and opera.

Other than U2, Pearl Jam and a few others, rock today is pretty much worthless and will not last like classic rock has. Believe it or not.
this opinion is what's worthless. get off your high horse.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 01:36 PM
SaveByLundqvist

Currently I've been listening to Gaslight Anthem and Cassino, but my fav bands of all time that I always listen to are...

AC/DC, Beatles, Say Anything, The Living End, Denver in Dallas (local band that I love, just they just never got big), Pink Floyd, and Frank Zappa. Kind of all over the place but those are my all time favs.

Anyone else here fall asleep to music? My fav for that are Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, and Buckethead's Colma album.

....damn I love music

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 02:21 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I'm FINALLY going to see The Gaslight Anthem in late September. It should be fun because it's right around the time of final preseason cuts so I'll be watching guys will be busting their butts for roster spots and this concert in between.

As for groups this summer I've been listening to:

Bullet For My Valentine
Janelle Monae (she has superstar potential an amazing talent)
High On Fire
Girls Against Boys (broke out some of their old albums out of the vaults of my CD collection)
Iron Maiden

and most recently I've been giving that Nas/Damian Marley album a spin.

I saw Faith No More in Brooklyn, a very good show. Gonna try and make it to Rush when they're at PNC.

And can they please ban Soul Sister by Train? I hear it 3 times a day at work everyday. Most overplayed and obnoxious song of 2010.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Totally agreed man. I just learned the "What If" riff on guitar and I'm working on "Love-Hate-Sex-Pain". Also, the title track is one of the most bad-ass instrumental songs I've ever heard.
LOOOOVE the oracle...awesome son. What if is probably the best song on that album though, but there are so many to choose from its tough to pick lol.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 02:26 PM
SaveByLundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I'm FINALLY going to see The Gaslight Anthem in late September. It should be fun because it's right around the time of final preseason cuts so I'll be watching guys will be busting their butts for roster spots and this concert in between.

As for groups this summer I've been listening to:

Bullet For My Valentine
Janelle Monae (she has superstar potential an amazing talent)
High On Fire
Girls Against Boys (broke out some of their old albums out of the vaults of my CD collection)
Iron Maiden

and most recently I've been giving that Nas/Damian Marley album a spin.

I saw Faith No More in Brooklyn, a very good show. Gonna try and make it to Rush when they're at PNC.

And can they please ban Soul Sister by Train? I hear it 3 times a day at work everyday. Most overplayed and obnoxious song of 2010.
When you saw Faith No More, was Mike Patton fronting them? I still listen to Faith No More and Mr. Bungle, he's in so many good bands.

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
Anyone else here fall asleep to music? My fav for that are Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, and Buckethead's Colma album.
Yep. Album Leaf is/has been my favorite for a while. El Ten Eleven is also amazing, but not sure if you could fall asleep to them.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote