HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heavy Mtl 2010

Old
07-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Hook in Mouth? ****! Why not play that at the Heavy MTL show?

Ridiculous.
no idea
apparently there was only like 200 people and the band hung out and signed alot of stuff.

apparently there may be more surprise shows tonight as well.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

as for the show, thought it was cool.

too many lineups for food and beer, was nuts.

HOF were killer. Skeletonwitch was awesome. And halford as well. You got what you expect from Megadeth, Alice and Slayer.

Mastadon was OK, ive seen them perform better.

today should be fun

Old
07-25-2010, 11:51 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
lol, just saw the Heavy MTL pic in the Gazette. I play music with the guy front and centre.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:27 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
i was at the special show yesterday, got a tip from my buddy at evenko

was pretty magical to be honest

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:54 PM
overlords
Hfboards

It's too bad Heavy Mtl is a very american-metal centric festival. I rather the stuff from europe.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's too bad Heavy Mtl is a very american-metal centric festival. I rather the stuff from europe.
Hammerfall would have been a sick addition.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
So nobody noticed/cared about not hearing Mustaine?

I think his voice is just so bad now. I really do not think it was because of the mic.

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
i was at the special show yesterday, got a tip from my buddy at evenko

was pretty magical to be honest
omg I read that this morning I am so angry I would have loved to go see that concert wow only 300 buddy selon cyberpresse....

Old
07-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Yeah, Mustaine's vocals are really bad now, and that says something considering he's never been that good.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 04:08 PM
jo_ab

I'm a hardcore megadeth fan for years now and I just saw megadeth in the parc jean drapeau and in the Metropolis a secret show!!!

that secret show was awesome!!!

I'm still trying to realize if its true or not !!!

here the link about the secrect show : http://www.megadeth.com/home_popup.php?news_id=1582

jo_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Rockomax

Megadeth's show at the metropolis was awesome! Yesterday was, to me, a dream come true as I am also a hardcore Megadeth fan, first they play Rust in Peace from the beginning to the end and then a private show where I was less than 2 meters from the band. I even managed to catch a pick...
And all of that with all my best friends, it was unbelievable.

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Megadeth's show at the metropolis was awesome! Yesterday was, to me, a dream come true as I am also a hardcore Megadeth fan, first they play Rust in Peace from the beginning to the end and then a private show where I was less than 2 meters from the band. I even managed to catch a pick...
And all of that with all my best friends, it was unbelievable.
Awesome

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
I think his voice is just so bad now. I really do not think it was because of the mic.
His voice being bad doens't mean you outright cant hear him. They fixed the problem more or less by the end of the set though. Symphony of destruction was awesome.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Sumhabs

The whole RIP section of the show he had trouble with his voice.

Depends on the style of the song I guess.

Old
07-25-2010, 11:42 PM
saints96

Avenged Sevenfold was electrifying! The song Gates wrote for The Rev along with the banner of The Rev and the guys hugging was emotional.Shadows sang his heart out, great performance!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
Mustaine sounds like ****, that's true. But trust me, there WAS something wrong with the mic.

In fact, I was a little disappointed at how many technical difficulties there were throughout day 1 for several bands. Still, you can't beat the value-for-the-buck. I was amazed to see FOUR or my five favorite metal drummers of all time in one day, for instance.

I wouldn't know about day 2. I didn't attend as I'm not into make up, pop metal and effeminate clowns.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure it's by design.

To put that kind of festival up and running demands an INSANE logistic. You gotta work with and around bands' commitments, schedules and agendas. It has to be worth it and make sense for BOTH the band and the festival time-wise and financially.

It's so tough that they actually couldn't pull it off in 2009. And several people are saying they lucked out this years because Canadian Carnage had been cancelled/postponed. But the organizers have been smart in their approach and they seem to favor "themes" specific for each day instead of a melting pot approach that might displease everyone. So this year they have classic metal and thrash metal combined for the first day and bubblegum metal for teenage girls/nu-crap on the second.

If they want to continue with the festival, they will probably eventually go for other themes which will more than likely involve more European bands. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mostly Death/Black metal day. Likewise, several power metal bands can fit with classic metal acts.

The big issue is finding a bunch of headliners available at the same time. They've set the bar pretty high with Maiden, Slayer, Cooper, Megadeth, etc... in 2008 and 2010. There aren't that many bands with commercial (by that I mean headlining) appeal in metal. And most of them are from the USA or UK.

I really hope they can pull it off, at least for 2012 if not 2011.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

overall, the talent on day 1 destroyed day 2, but cant argue with Lamb of God being one of the best metal acts going right now.
As close to that classic metal sound (ala pantera) as you can get.
Awesome live as well.

5 finger death punch was very meh.
Rob Zombie was great as usual. Great frontman.
I missed most of Korn, but they were surprisingly energetic and the sound quality was very good. If i wasnt so zonked i would have stayed longer.

working today is the pits

Old
07-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Mustaine sounds like ****, that's true. But trust me, there WAS something wrong with the mic.

In fact, I was a little disappointed at how many technical difficulties there were throughout day 1 for several bands. Still, you can't beat the value-for-the-buck. I was amazed to see FOUR or my five favorite metal drummers of all time in one day, for instance.

I wouldn't know about day 2. I didn't attend as I'm not into make up, pop metal and effeminate clowns.
Just a guess: Hoglan and Lombardo are easy guesses....Dailor might be another solid guess (all three are some of my favourites as well, especially Dailor). Is Bostaph the fourth one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
overall, the talent on day 1 destroyed day 2, but cant argue with Lamb of God being one of the best metal acts going right now.
As close to that classic metal sound (ala pantera) as you can get.
Awesome live as well.

5 finger death punch was very meh.
Rob Zombie was great as usual. Great frontman.
I missed most of Korn, but they were surprisingly energetic and the sound quality was very good. If i wasnt so zonked i would have stayed longer.

working today is the pits
Yeah, Lamb of God is always a fun show. As far as their music goes, not really a fan of Wrath, but I do thoroughly enjoy New American Gospel and As the Palaces Burn.

Old
07-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:

wow dude, you are a modern day hero

as dark as the night!! Truuueeee

Lamb of god/hatebreed/shadows fall=pop metal
And i defy you to find many more entertaining live bands than rob zombie.

Was their alot of crap? yes, but dont clump it all together.

Old
07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
mlandry

Glad this is over. Could hear it from my appartment and I had to wake up early both Saturday and Sunday for work.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Glad this is over. Could hear it from my appartment and I had to wake up early both Saturday and Sunday for work.
Osheaga is this weekend....be prepared.

Old
07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure it's by design.

To put that kind of festival up and running demands an INSANE logistic. You gotta work with and around bands' commitments, schedules and agendas. It has to be worth it and make sense for BOTH the band and the festival time-wise and financially.

It's so tough that they actually couldn't pull it off in 2009. And several people are saying they lucked out this years because Canadian Carnage had been cancelled/postponed. But the organizers have been smart in their approach and they seem to favor "themes" specific for each day instead of a melting pot approach that might displease everyone. So this year they have classic metal and thrash metal combined for the first day and bubblegum metal for teenage girls/nu-crap on the second.

If they want to continue with the festival, they will probably eventually go for other themes which will more than likely involve more European bands. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mostly Death/Black metal day. Likewise, several power metal bands can fit with classic metal acts.

The big issue is finding a bunch of headliners available at the same time. They've set the bar pretty high with Maiden, Slayer, Cooper, Megadeth, etc... in 2008 and 2010. There aren't that many bands with commercial (by that I mean headlining) appeal in metal. And most of them are from the USA or UK.

I really hope they can pull it off, at least for 2012 if not 2011.
Yeah and if you made metallica even one of those bands it would sell out just by the shear amount of metallica fans and then people who like Slayer/Megadeth probably wouldn't be able to afford the tickets nor get them.

I can't imagine a Metallica, Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth show, it would need to have an arena built for it in order to house the amount of people who would want to see that show and I still bet easily 500,000 people who wanted to go couldn't. Imagine how crazy it would be?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
wow dude, you are a modern day hero

as dark as the night!! Truuueeee

Lamb of god/hatebreed/shadows fall=pop metal
And i defy you to find many more entertaining live bands than rob zombie.

Was their alot of crap? yes, but dont clump it all together.
OK I'll give him Hatebreed. But Lamb of God and Shadows Fall are good bands. Would've had to go if All That Remains was there as I love LoG and All That Remains but mostly preferred the bands from day 1, wouldn't have paid to see just LoG even though they are one of my fave bands.

That being said, I missed the show, just didn't have the $ to go, spent a ton of money on my vacation and I only get paid this weekend

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Agalloch

I went to both 'Festival d'Été de Québec' and HeavyMtl. Both were really awesome and I can't wait for next year already !

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote