HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

Old
07-03-2010, 06:30 PM
GuitarAwesome

vCash: 500
Hey guys!
Regular player looking for some extra ice this summer. 3v3, 4v4, even garage leagues/rented ice, you got ice time, I would love to come! Let me know!

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
havok78

Looking for a few reliable ball hockey players for this FALL

Looking for , guys who can put the ball in the net, but are also defensively responsible. I may need some defense as well.
I am looking for guys with an EXCELLENT attitude. We are a pretty recent team, and it will be “blown” up. I want to use the summer months as practice time to gel.

This is not Gym or cosom hockey but in arena un Laval.
Please feel free to contact me.

Bonjour, une équipe de Hockey Balle recherche des joueurs pour compléter cet automne.

Nous recherchons gars que peuvent mettre la balle dans le filet , mais reviennent en défense aussi. Je vais aussi rechercer de defenseurs.

Ils doivent avoir un attitude excellente!

Notre équipe a connus beaucoup de difficulté et nous recommençons a neuf, une équipe très différent sera bati, et j’aimerais utiliser cet été comme pratique pour qu’on puisse se connaitre.

Ceci est jouer dans une aréna a Laval pas dans les gyms.

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 10:52 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He might not be playing anyway.

Anywho, to any goalie interested, you'd get a nice workout! Tons of shots!
What's your team there?

Anyway, I have a team and I really want to change league. NSA is terrible... ****ing terrible.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Just a little OT note here, I have almost new Bauer X:20 skates, size 10.5, two bakings left in them. If anyone wants them, PM me.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
What's your team there?

Anyway, I have a team and I really want to change league. NSA is terrible... ****ing terrible.
Farine Five Roses.

you?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Farine Five Roses.

you?
NOOOO?!

I played vs. your team yesterday. I was the goaltender.

Old
07-26-2010, 08:56 AM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

Quote:
What's your team there?

I agree NSA... playing hockey is still fun tho

I'm also a Goalie there ;o!

King peZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
alexstream

Quote:
What's your team there?

I HEAR YOU

I love Eddy, a really nice guy. but never on time, extremely disorganized, and bigger mouth than he can deliver.

"There will be 8 teams next week"
I show up and I'm alone with all his staff and "friends"... can barely make 2 teams.

I gave him 3 seasons and he could never deliver. Never tried the sunday though. Sunday is my hangover pajama day.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:12 AM
alexstream

SOOOOOOOOO

PROFILE :
Alex

Quick description (let's be honest): Right handed, runs all the time, plays with energy & caracter, works very hard and never let go, good stamina, not a good shot, average reaction time, average first pass.

Type of player :
F - Steve Begin (without the attitude, it's recreative hockey)
D - Paul Mara

Prefered position : F with someone who has talent, I can go to the net or go in the corner and chip it out... I can't carry it. Otherwise, if no one has talent, I prefer to play D and just clear it out of our zone

Caliber of play : I can play Defense in a B league without looking out of place if I stick to my shutdown role. Otherwise, C.

Playing area : although I have a car, I'd like to play in the Plateau = walking distance. I could drive up to 10 minutes if it's worth it.

Availability : Any evening, mon-fri, from 6PM to 9PM. Could play Sat or Sun if this is the "perfect league".

Type of league : some recreative - competitive league with regular teams. No fighting history at all. even verbal violence. I want to play hockey with guys who like to play hockey just for fun (win or lose) but who still care enough about the result to show up and play till the last seconds.

Old
07-26-2010, 11:27 AM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

Well I've always played on Sundays on the NSA and this year the C category has like 20+ teams, which is pretty cool. Playing against the same teams over and over isn't as fun as actually having alot of teams to play against.

Old
07-26-2010, 11:59 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
I agree NSA... playing hockey is still fun tho

I'm also a Goalie there ;o!
Well, this season, I played mostly as a forward and sometimes, in defense. But yesterday, our goalie was tired and looked really not motivated so we swapped, also because we played two games in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
I HEAR YOU

I love Eddy, a really nice guy. but never on time, extremely disorganized, and bigger mouth than he can deliver.

"There will be 8 teams next week"
I show up and I'm alone with all his staff and "friends"... can barely make 2 teams.

I gave him 3 seasons and he could never deliver. Never tried the sunday though. Sunday is my hangover pajama day.
Yeah, even on sundays, it happens. We come to play and the other team is 2 players + Eddy's friends.

A thing that pisses me off is he puts A-caliber teams in the C. He allows them to use as many A-caliber players as they want but if we ask, he denies it to us. Plus, referees tend to lose control of the game really easily. I had to "fight" yesterday because Eddy couldn't control both teams and then I was on the receiving end of two cheapshots(one knee hit and a crosscheck). And it's always late, etc...

Old
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
euphrates

does eddy's friend jimmy the goalie still play ??

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

True... I hate the fact A-caliber players are "chilling" in the C category. One guy has like 35+ goals as a "Defense" and he also plays in the A-category... One game, two of our guys said they were missing so we brought up friends that play in B and he denied us and said we were trying to boost... lol? When his friends play in A and C it's okay but we can't bring one player to fill in for a game without he being pissy about it...

You should only be allowed to play in 1 category IMO. If there aren't enough players for the # of teams you accept then just accept less and place the teams in the category they really belong...

I started a team with all friends, even people that didn't know how to play hockey that's why we are C bound, but some teams just look too good for the category... or atleast some players...

I don't know another league we could play in tho... So I guess we just deal with it :l

Old
07-26-2010, 01:51 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Same. We're trying to find a league but it's a bit complicated.

Old
07-26-2010, 02:16 PM
alexstream

Quote:
True... I hate the fact A-caliber players are "chilling" in the C category. One guy has like 35+ goals as a "Defense" and he also plays in the A-category... One game, two of our guys said they were missing so we brought up friends that play in B and he denied us and said we were trying to boost... lol? When his friends play in A and C it's okay but we can't bring one player to fill in for a game without he being pissy about it...

You should only be allowed to play in 1 category IMO. If there aren't enough players for the # of teams you accept then just accept less and place the teams in the category they really belong...

I started a team with all friends, even people that didn't know how to play hockey that's why we are C bound, but some teams just look too good for the category... or atleast some players...

I don't know another league we could play in tho... So I guess we just deal with it :l
There is LCH. it's the total opposite. more organized, but man, sometimes too strict and too much hassle. 5 minutes late = loss. high stick = waist, whether there is someone close to you or not. if you argue more than twice, you can get kicked out. if there is some heat around the net, some teams dman will just hit you behind the head. i got slapped on the hands to no avail over there.

oh and worst thing is it's in cegep maisonneuve on sundays. 5th floor, no air. 1 (too) short and narrow gym and 1 short and (too) wide gym. weeknights it's at frikkin Sauve or Dickson, might as well say Repentigny or Laval for me. LOL

Old
07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
havok78

www.hockeyballe.com
The old PTM, I like that league best, I dotn like gym hockey, its not close enough to real hockey (my opinion) with the cherry picking etc..
You would think with all th eleagues out there, leagues would be at their best to be comptitive, but theres a lot worst leagues than good ones,,,
I am stll trying tp put a team together,,,
thats hard too LOL

Old
07-27-2010, 08:48 AM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

Yeah... but that's like 10x more expensive tho lol

Old
07-27-2010, 10:25 AM
alexstream

Quote:
and it's beyond the end of the world (the world stops at the Metropolitain, there is a big world's end sign)

Old
07-27-2010, 12:22 PM
havok78

Quote:
Actually not really, its comes to around 10-$ a game, there are 20 games....
so its like 200 per player, the only thing that sucks is the insurance, but whatever...

Old
07-27-2010, 12:36 PM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok78 View Post
Actually not really, its comes to around 10-$ a game, there are 20 games....
so its like 200 per player, the only thing that sucks is the insurance, but whatever...
What do you mean?

Old
07-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
www.hockeyballe.com
The old PTM, I like that league best, I dotn like gym hockey, its not close enough to real hockey (my opinion) with the cherry picking etc..
You would think with all th eleagues out there, leagues would be at their best to be comptitive, but theres a lot worst leagues than good ones,,,
thats hard too LOL
That is the best ball hockey league IMO,played in a few and the caliber there is great

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
What do you mean?
you have to pay 20$ when you sign in for insurance,but if you play on many teams you only pay once

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
alexstream

Quote:
www.hockeyballe.com
thats hard too LOL
where is(are) the montreal gym(s)?

I am NOT going to Laval.

Old
08-17-2010, 01:19 PM
fredez

For people who go play at Parc des Roserais :

-Which day, what time?
-Rollerhockey or by foot?

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Basszor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
For people who go play at Parc des Roserais :

-Which day, what time?
-Rollerhockey or by foot?

Time is pretty random actually. Been a while the HFboards crew didn't play(mind you, I just came back from it. A good 2h45 of hockey and I'm playing there tommorow again with some other friends ) but we should definitly do a game soon. As for foot or roller, we prefer playing without rollers but it doesn't really matter.

Basszor is online now   Reply With Quote