HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens Lineup Thread

Old
07-26-2010, 04:35 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I made a thread about it a few months ago, and I think Lapierre could fit very nicely beside Camm and Pleky. A right handed shot with speed, who is defensively responsible, willing to do all the dirty work, and has underrated skill and puck cycling ability. I think it could be a match made in heaven.

The one issue I have with a Pac/Eller/Pou line is that all three are very inexperienced, and I'd bet Martin would sit them quite a bit.

I think it's safe to say though, that we will see tons of different line combos throughout the season.
I like the idea of Lapierre on Pleks' right wing. He seems to be perfect for that role.

I also agree that Pacioretty might need another year in the AHL. But if he comes to camp ready to play, (Benny too), they both could form a really good line for the next couple of years, with Eller. They would compliment each other while being somehow similar, and would mesh with Eller.

PS. I just read the definition of hog, as of hogtown in your information, and I'm intringued. Hog means to monopolize, so I understand that it's what Toronto tries to be within Canada, the center, even though being a Québecer I will never be able to understand or to live it to the full extent. But hog also means a porc, and it is used in such expressions as to drive like a hog. It also means to do things grandly. Can you tell me why people from outside Québec refer to Toronto as hogtown ? The monopoly, the extremes, the grand, and the hog ? I'm puzzled.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 07-26-2010 at 04:45 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Destoker

Why everybody don't even think about Desharnais is a good question. He's done everything in the AHL, he was their best 2 way forward the whole year plus he got more PPG than Briere or St-Louis at the same age. Put him with big players and nobody will even remark his little stature. I really see him having a shot on a third offensive line with Eller, but nobody in this thread seems to believe in him. Why?

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post
Why everybody don't even think about Desharnais is a good question. He's done everything in the AHL, he was their best 2 way forward the whole year plus he got more PPG than Briere or St-Louis at the same age. Put him with big players and nobody will even remark his little stature. I really see him having a shot on a third offensive line with Eller, but nobody in this thread seems to believe in him. Why?
I do believe so myself, but desharnais hasnt showed the same passion as a st-louis or briere but that doesnt mean it couldnt still happen.. The guy as the skills its the least i can say. The guy a been improvi g dramatically every year... So why not? I agree.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
lamp9post

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
I feel that Gomez and Gionta are the perfect pair of veterans to play with Pouliot, who is still unproven in my mind. I would be weary of playing Pouliot on the third with Eller right now, since I feel he needs to get into a rhythm and get some confidence before he can be a focal point of a line.

Cammalleri-Pleks-Kostitsyn/Lapierre
Alternating Kost and Lappy depending on who's playing well and deserving of a top 6 spot. I like the idea of Kost playing on the 3rd with Eller because, unlike Pouliot, I feel that Kost can carry a line offensively.

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn/Lapierre
Big 3rd line. I hope Eller gets the chance to play with some offensively skilled players, and I think Kostitsyn could be the best fit.

Boyd-Pyatt-White
Young 4th line. Don't know much about Boyd. Pyatt and White are competent players and should form a reliable duo.

Question: Darche looks like he'll be the 13th forward. Do you think we'll carry 14 forwards or do what we did last year and just fill 22 of the 23 roster spots? Honestly, I wouldn't be against signing Metro for a year if he's cheap. All our other forward prospects I want playing big minutes in Hamilton, not in the pressbox in MTL.

lamp9post is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
NLHabsFan

I'm a little disappointed that Frolov is (supposedly) going to sign with the Rangers. I thought he could have been a good fit with the Habs top 6. If he is going to sign a one year low pay contract I hope PG at least spoke to him (maybe he never considered the Habs who knows).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328588

The top 6 could have looked something like this:
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Frolov
Pouliot/Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot and Kostitsyn would be in a battle then for the wing with Gomez and Gionta.
Frolov would also be a good fit due to his good size and RH shot. Right now 5 out of the top 6 are all LH shots.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Bieber fever

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plekanec-AK
Boyd-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Pyatt-White
Darche

Markov-Subban
Spacek-Bieska
Gorges-Gill
Demers

Last edited by Bieber fever: 07-26-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plekanec-AK
Boyd-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Pyatt-White
Darche
I think this is going to be the line-up that Martin starts the year with. The only change maybe being Boyd and Pyatt swapping spots (depending on who Martin wants playing center i'd guess).

This of course without any surprise young players tearing up training camp and pre-season

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I think this is going to be the line-up that Martin starts the year with. The only change maybe being Boyd and Pyatt swapping spots (depending on who Martin wants playing center i'd guess).

This of course without any surprise young players tearing up training camp and pre-season
I Think that Boyd have more offense than pyatt and he scores most of his goal 5 vs 5 witch is a habs's weakness . With a talented center like Eller , Boyd can score 15 goals.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:20 PM
MadJah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
I feel that Gomez and Gionta are the perfect pair of veterans to play with Pouliot, who is still unproven in my mind..
Sorry for the taboo, here... but has anyone contemplated a Cam/Gomez/Gio 1st line? It would mess up the other lines, but I think it'd be a good thing in the long run...

MadJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJah View Post
Sorry for the taboo, here... but has anyone contemplated a Cam/Gomez/Gio 1st line? It would mess up the other lines, but I think it'd be a good thing in the long run...
The issue with such a line combo is that it would simplify the opponent's game plans. Put all your Defensive in the same basket to contain the first line. That would also put too much pressure on Pouliot/AK/Eller. What's more, Plek + Cam has shown tremendous chemistry as the year went on... You ideally work with efficient duos, which you complement with an appropriate player. Pouliot/AK/Eller should be our 2 last T6 spots players. I believe surprises might happen on the B6. I wouldn't be surprised to see Desharnais take a spot on the team... his upside is underrated.

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Horatio Caine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I like the idea of Lapierre on Pleks' right wing. He seems to be perfect for that role.
I have to agree too.

Boyd - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Lapierre
Pouliot - Eller - Kostitsyn : LET THEM PLAY
Moen - Pyatt - White
Darche

I don't know... But I'd try this lineup.

Horatio Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Caine View Post
I have to agree too.

Boyd - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Lapierre
Pouliot - Eller - Kostitsyn : LET THEM PLAY
Moen - Pyatt - White
Darche

I don't know... But I'd try this lineup.
While I don't think Lappy can play on 2nd line on a regular basis but I don't hate the idea. That third line looks sexy as hell but I really doubt Jacques Martin would put these 3 youngsters together. Not enough experience, consistency and defensive awareness for Martin.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Pacio Ready

I see a lot of people putting Subban and Markov on the same pairing...

Markov is on the first pairing.
Subban on the second.

Hamrlik on one of those pairing. Spacek or Gorges on the other. I like Gorges, I would give him a chance to play 20 mins. He is reliable, simple, effective, and a mutha-effin warrior out there

Pacio Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacio Ready View Post
I see a lot of people putting Subban and Markov on the same pairing...

Markov is on the first pairing.
Subban on the second.

Hamrlik on one of those pairing. Spacek or Gorges on the other. I like Gorges, I would give him a chance to play 20 mins. He is reliable, simple, effective, and a mutha-effin warrior out there
Markov-Spacek
Hamrlik-Subban
Gorges-Gill

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJah View Post
3 smurfs while 2 of them are even micro-smurfs... The only thing its gonna bring us long term is an ambulance... No thanks too risky and no fire power on the other lines..

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote