HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
04-03-2010, 02:07 PM
The KGBeast

vCash: 500
Nassau was tough on parking when I went there, Islanders games or no. So I imagine that's still the case.

The KGBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Fist of Gillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KGBeast View Post
Nassau was tough on parking when I went there, Islanders games or no. So I imagine that's still the case.
I have been parking at NCC for 20 years for Isles games and whatever else and have never gotten a ticket - including earlier this year.

But I heard once the Isles got revenue from Parking after teh Suozzi deal, they started the crackdown during Isles games.

Fist of Gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 02:43 PM
The KGBeast

Alright, well, you win this round. Parking there as a student was always an adventure, but you could get away with just about anything if it wasn't a nice day out.

The KGBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
lindenrocks

How does an out-of-towner get to the Coliseum?

Hi. I'm planning a road trip next season to catch the Devils and Islanders play at home. Getting to and from the Devils game from Manhattan is a cinch. But getting to the Coliseum ain't easy - I could pick up a rental car and drive, which is not my preferred option. But it looks like public transit is sparse and difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any charter busses available? Thanks.

lindenrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to 385
Check the stickies, dude; we've got a whole thread devoted to Visitors. Should be able to find some answers there.

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:12 PM
OlTimeHockey

I suggest you improve your game to the AHL level and say all the right things and in no time you'll be signed one offseason.

Good luck on your journey. You play LW by chance?

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
So how much do tickets generally cost at Nassau? I'll be there in late October, and it just so happens that Montreal are in town. If they're not too much, I'd treat myself with some lower bowl tickets. What kind of cost would be attached to that?

At the same time, how easy is it to get from Manhattan to the arena?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
isles93

Tickets are about 120 for the lower bowl, but you may be able to get them cheep on stubhub.
Eaisiest way to the Coliseum is to take the Long Island Rail Road from Penn Station to the Hempstead train station walk to the buss and take the N70, N71 or N72 . Word of warning Hempstead is not a nice neighborhood. May want to save on the seats and rent a car. Every seat in the Coliseum is a good one

isles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:41 AM
C77

Hey guys I'm thinking of going to the Bruins-Isles game in April this upcoming season...I want to take a ferry from CT...probably take my car onboard if possible.

It seems Port Jefferson is where the ships go.... Of course I want to go to a good Italian restaurant when I'm there but not too expensive. Any recommenations for that area for food and things to do? I'd like to take a walk on the beach too if there's any nearby

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Hey guys I'm thinking of going to the Bruins-Isles game in April this upcoming season...I want to take a ferry from CT...probably take my car onboard if possible.

It seems Port Jefferson is where the ships go.... Of course I want to go to a good Italian restaurant when I'm there but not too expensive. Any recommenations for that area for food and things to do? I'd like to take a walk on the beach too if there's any nearby
I'm not too familiar with the Pt. Jeff area, but it's a nice and there's plenty of good places to eat. I'm sure someone who knows more about it than me can help you out. Keep in mind that it can take over an hour to the Coliseum with traffic from over there.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
islesfan123

Any visitor who is looking to come to an Islanders game via the LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) should NOT go to Hempstead Train Station. Go to Mineola, as it is much safer area, and take a cab to the Coliseum. Its about a $8-$10 cab ride.

islesfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
I'm not too familiar with the Pt. Jeff area, but it's a nice and there's plenty of good places to eat. I'm sure someone who knows more about it than me can help you out. Keep in mind that it can take over an hour to the Coliseum with traffic from over there.
Ok thanks. I used to go to Massapequa to play soccer in the summer and I've been by the Coliseum but I've never been for a game, so I'm definitely looking forward to catching one there.

Old
07-27-2010, 11:53 AM
The Rock 07

Quote:

Borrellis is amazing. 2 minutes from the Coliseum. On the corner of Hempstead and Merrick I believe. http://www.borrellisrestaurant.com/

The Rock 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 09:58 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock 07 View Post
Borrellis is amazing. 2 minutes from the Coliseum. On the corner of Hempstead and Merrick I believe. http://www.borrellisrestaurant.com/
Thank you.

I don't like the Rangers either

Old
07-28-2010, 12:12 PM
The Rock 07

Quote:
Thank you.

I don't like the Rangers either
Me neither, I'm a Devils fan

The Rock 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Islanders4Cups

This should be noted:

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535097

Islanders4Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan123 View Post
Any visitor who is looking to come to an Islanders game via the LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) should NOT go to Hempstead Train Station. Go to Mineola, as it is much safer area, and take a cab to the Coliseum. Its about a $8-$10 cab ride.
So if I were to do this, I take a train from Penn Station or what? I've only been to New York once a few years ago and did most of my travelling by foot (except for going to Yankee Stadium).

Also, on another note, how much of a pain in the ass will it be to get to the new Meadowlands Stadium?

Old
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
So if I were to do this, I take a train from Penn Station or what? I've only been to New York once a few years ago and did most of my travelling by foot (except for going to Yankee Stadium).

Also, on another note, how much of a pain in the ass will it be to get to the new Meadowlands Stadium?
Ranger fan here but I saw this and could answer this. You could take NJ transit out of Penn Station to Secaucus than switch to the Meadowlands bound train or you could take the PATH across to Hoboken and pick up the Meadowlands direct train from the Hoboken terminal. The trains only run on game or event days though I'm not a hundred percent sure on that one.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles93 View Post
Tickets are about 120 for the lower bowl, but you may be able to get them cheep on stubhub.
Eaisiest way to the Coliseum is to take the Long Island Rail Road from Penn Station to the Hempstead train station walk to the buss and take the N70, N71 or N72 . Word of warning Hempstead is not a nice neighborhood. May want to save on the seats and rent a car. Every seat in the Coliseum is a good one
What would mid range tickets go for? I realized I'll be spending a ton of money on football, and hockey is a secondary bonus as the Habs are in town when I'm there.

Old
08-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Crazy4Isles

Quote:
So how much do tickets generally cost at Nassau? I'll be there in late October, and it just so happens that Montreal are in town. If they're not too much, I'd treat myself with some lower bowl tickets. What kind of cost would be attached to that?

At the same time, how easy is it to get from Manhattan to the arena?
You can get great deals on lower bowl tickets to Islander games at StubHub. I don't live near Long Island so everytime I go to a game there, I buy my tickets that way. I've got seats in rows 1-7 for $40-80. A real bargain considering you can't buy a lower bowl ticket in Montreal for less than $200.

Crazy4Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Islander102

Quote:
What would mid range tickets go for? I realized I'll be spending a ton of money on football, and hockey is a secondary bonus as the Habs are in town when I'm there.
Its really a crapshoot, but if you wait until close to the gameday (within 2 weeks) you will have no trouble finding good deals. I wouldnt be surprised if you wind up with lower bowl tickets between $40 and $80. Upper bowl tickets would run you between $25 - 50. Obviously, the closer you are to the redline. Every seat is a good one, except for the last three rows (R, S, T) in the upper bowl, so stay away from there.

Should be a good crowd, Friday night, popular opponent, but tickets wont be very hard to come by. Use Stubhub or Ebay, or even go to a scalper outside the arena (tickets are always legit). Just dont buy from ticketmaster or the Islanders box office because you will wildly overpay.

As for getting there, take a train from Penn Station to either Hempstead or Mineola. Hempstead isnt the greatest of neighborhoods, but you dont ever actually have to walk in it, just to the cabs or buses right outside the train. At Mineola you have to take a cab, for about $8 each way, while at Hempstead, you could take a bus for $2.25 each way. Word of warning with the bus, depending on luck, it can be just as quick as a a cab, or slower than molasses. If I were you, I would take a cab back to the train after the game, to ensure you make the train. To the game, the bus is no big deal if you dont mind it.

To get to the meadowlands, take the NJ transit meadowlands line from Penn Station. You will have to switch trains once (wont be that hard to notice, follow everyone in the football gear) and the whole process takes about 20 minutes from the time you leave Penn. An added bonus is you can practically reach out and touch the stadium from the train station, so no need to add in any extra time to get to the venue.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

So I can get Center Mezzanine 322, Row R seats for $19. That is very tempting.

I'm going to assume that's the last (or one of the last) rows in the building. How is the view from there?

Old
08-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Islander102

Quote:

I'm going to assume that's the last (or one of the last) rows in the building. How is the view from there?
Its the third to last row in the building. The last row is T. Rows S and T are putrid, row R is a very good value. The view of the ice from there is pretty awesome. It would be the equivalent of somewhere in the middle level of the Belle Centre. The only thing you might find annoying is that there is a row of suites hanging on top of you and you cant see the rafters, the LED ribbon board, or part of the jumbotron. To make up for the jumbotron loss, they have flat screen TV's up there so you can still see all the replays. You still have a view of the main scoreboard (score, time, shots on goal, penalty time) and the view of the ice is unobstructed. If the game isnt packed you could probably move down a few rows as well where nothing at all is obstructed. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if the same seat at the belle center would run you triple digits, the actual view of the ice is better than the lower portion of most NHL upper bowls.

If youre looking to save, you will get quite a bang for your buck for that price.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 12:33 AM
matcat1116

Quote:

While it is a nice bang for your buck, it sounds like you're used to being forced upstairs to see a hockey game since you're from Montreal.

Wait until somebody's selling tickets in rows A-M. Enjoy being low to the ice while it's affordable. Shouldn't be more than 60 or so.

matcat1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat1116 View Post
While it is a nice bang for your buck, it sounds like you're used to being forced upstairs to see a hockey game since you're from Montreal.

Wait until somebody's selling tickets in rows A-M. Enjoy being low to the ice while it's affordable. Shouldn't be more than 60 or so.
It'll be an expensive trip to New York (paid $250 each for football tickets... this is the main reason I'm going), so paying $35 including taxes and shipping for the Habs' game seemed fine to me.

Turns out I actually have an extra ticket since a friend won't be able to make it afterall.

So... anyone want to see the the Habs/Isles game with me and my friend on October 29th? haha