HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN: BAC 67% Food Vendor Violations

Old
07-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Panthers_Fan

vCash: 500
ESPN: BAC 67% Food Vendor Violations

Not only was the team the 3rd worst in the NHL in performance, we were also 3rd worst in the NHL in food safety. Disgusting.

ESPN Report

BankAtlantic Center
Florida Panthers
Vendors with critical violations: 67%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors issued several violations for soiled ice bins and coolers.

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Boooooth10

Good thing I never eat anything while I'm there.

lol look at the Capitals arena. Rat poop EVERYWHERE.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Were tops in the state!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Panthers_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Were tops in the state!
LOL, 33 % pass wins the state. The AA and Sun Life are at 93% violations, and the report only included "critical" violations. Any of the south Florida places let you bring in your own food? I've never tried.

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

who can afford to eat there anyways. i just eat right before i get there or right afterward.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Only place I've ever seen $5.50 for a Sprite.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Knowing how government inspectors do their work, I take the results with a grain of salt. As a government employee, if you don't find "violations", you can't justify your own existence nor the existence of your department.

I'm not saying that these places are perfect. Far from it. I'm not saying that oversight isn't necessary. Of course it is. I'm saying that you need to keep the findings in perspective. Inspectors WILL find violations of some nature. They will keep looking until they do. At least, unlike some other venues, the BAC didn't have bugs in their booze. Now THAT'S unforgivable. (Joking aside, I think a focus on hygiene is never a bad thing - I would just take the %'s with a grain of salt... especially any place that got a 0%)

BTW, for those *****ing about the concession prices, please refrain from ever complaining about:

1. The Panthers not spending to the cap
2. The Panthers not signing high priced free agents
3. The Panthers trading promising young players before they hit UFA (*coming soon)

The money needs to come from somewhere. They can't just fire up the printing press.

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 07-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.
angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Knowing how government inspectors do their work, I take the results with a grain of salt. As a government employee, if you don't find "violations", you can't justify your own existence nor the existence of your department.

I'm not saying that these places are perfect. Far from it. I'm not saying that oversight isn't necessary. Of course it is. I'm saying that you need to keep the findings in perspective. Inspectors WILL find violations of some nature. They will keep looking until they do. At least, unlike some other venues, the BAC didn't have bugs in their booze. Now THAT'S unforgivable. (Joking aside, I think a focus on hygiene is never a bad thing - I would just take the %'s with a grain of salt... especially any place that got a 0%)

BTW, for those *****ing about the concession prices, please refrain from ever complaining about:

1. The Panthers not spending to the cap
2. The Panthers not signing high priced free agents
3. The Panthers trading promising young players before they hit UFA (*coming soon)

The money needs to come from somewhere. They can't just fire up the printing press.
Not that I disagree that they need to make money, but you don't think $5.50 for a 20 oz soda and $4.50 for a bottle of water is a tad excessive? Regardless of the circumstances?

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:09 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Not that I disagree that they need to make money, but you don't think $5.50 for a 20 oz soda and $4.50 for a bottle of water is a tad excessive? Regardless of the circumstances?
Well, let me ask you this... do you think $3M for a second line forward is excessive?

If the answer is 'NO', then you can't really complain about concession prices.

If the answer is 'YES', then you can't really complain about the Panthers not spending money on players.

The money to pay for players, training facilities, coaches, scouts, GM's, etc. comes from the fans & sponsors. You can't have cheap tickets, cheap concessions, no advertising AND a team with a strong GM (plus staff), an excellent scouting department and a team that spends to the cap.

With the Panthers you have a team with cheap tickets, moderately expensive concessions (to make up for the cheap tickets) and lots of advertising (to make up for the empty seats). Unless you want the team to spend less money, the aggregate of those figures cannot decrease.

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 07-26-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old
07-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Personally, I believe it. A few seasons ago, a few friends and I took in a Panther's game. At said game, we ordered cheesy fries. When we got back to our seat and actually ate a few of the fries, we noticed that there was a big ball of nasty, gross hair right in the middle of the god damned thing.

I took the basket of disgusting back to the concession area and walked right up to the front of the line and demanded my money back. The woman behind the counter looked as if I offended her sensibilities by desiring clean ****ing food to put in my body, so I had to request a manager to finally get my refund.

But yeah. Anecdotal evidence and whatnot. I still believe it, though.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Hard to contaminate bottled beer ...

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Meh. I couldn't care less about it, to be honest. There's ton of disgusting things we eat that we aren't aware of of. Plus, I haven't gotten sick from BAC food in the 12 years it's been opened.

And we are tops in the state!

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:27 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

as the one who started the complaining about the food prices i will defend my position. raising the prices so high is just bad business. as i said before, i eat before or after the game, but honestly i would like nothing better than to eat between periods. and the thing is, theyre only marginally out of my price range. i would gladly pay 8 or 9 bucks for a burger, fries, and a fountain drink, but i will not pay the 10 to 12 dollars that i believe it is now (although im not positive cause i only ever once looked at the prices and then walked away laughing). their profit would be about 5 or 6 bucks on the deal, instead they get nothing. and i feel that i am not in the minority here, especially with the way the economy is.

the thing about it is that the circumstances work against them, and i will tell you why. first, the game is short enough that im rarely if ever going to get forced to pay the ridiculous prices. this is compunded by the relative ease of getting in and out of the bac. second, theyre right next to a mall that offers many choices in my price range before the game. these two factors take away all their scarcity. really the only thing they can overcharge for is alcohol because their prices are still reasonable compared to so many other bars and clubs where people are used to paying 10-20 bucks for a drink. so really if they wanna be able to afford those over priced third liners masquerading as second liners (cough rhino cough) then they need to be smarter about what they do.

o and while im ripping them ill say again yormark is an idiot

Old
07-26-2010, 09:34 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
as the one who started the complaining about the food prices i will defend my position. raising the prices so high is just bad business. as i said before, i eat before or after the game, but honestly i would like nothing better than to eat between periods. and the thing is, theyre only marginally out of my price range. i would gladly pay 8 or 9 bucks for a burger, fries, and a fountain drink, but i will not pay the 10 to 12 dollars that i believe it is now (although im not positive cause i only ever once looked at the prices and then walked away laughing). their profit would be about 5 or 6 bucks on the deal, instead they get nothing. and i feel that i am not in the minority here, especially with the way the economy is.

the thing about it is that the circumstances work against them, and i will tell you why. first, the game is short enough that im rarely if ever going to get forced to pay the ridiculous prices. this is compunded by the relative ease of getting in and out of the bac. second, theyre right next to a mall that offers many choices in my price range before the game. these two factors take away all their scarcity. really the only thing they can overcharge for is alcohol because their prices are still reasonable compared to so many other bars and clubs where people are used to paying 10-20 bucks for a drink. so really if they wanna be able to afford those over priced third liners masquerading as second liners (cough rhino cough) then they need to be smarter about what they do.

o and while im ripping them ill say again yormark is an idiot
It's actually not bad business at all, but whatever.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:38 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
It's actually not bad business at all, but whatever.
im sure youve ran the numbers

Old
07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
alx83*

Not to jump in and hijack the thread, but this made me laugh.

"Inspectors spotted an employee scooping ice with his bare hands instead of using scoops."

OH THE HUMANITY!

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Personally, I believe it. A few seasons ago, a few friends and I took in a Panther's game. At said game, we ordered cheesy fries. When we got back to our seat and actually ate a few of the fries, we noticed that there was a big ball of nasty, gross hair right in the middle of the god damned thing.

I took the basket of disgusting back to the concession area and walked right up to the front of the line and demanded my money back. The woman behind the counter looked as if I offended her sensibilities by desiring clean ****ing food to put in my body, so I had to request a manager to finally get my refund.

But yeah. Anecdotal evidence and whatnot. I still believe it, though.
I'm not saying that there aren't problems. There are. I've had a couple of similar experiences myself.

My point is that taking these %'s as gospel or comparing one arena to another on the basis of them is pretty pointless. Some "critical violations" are probably B.S. Some very important issues were likely missed.

But again, I think a focus on hygiene is never a bad thing.

Old
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Hard to contaminate bottled beer ...
Amen, brother.

Old
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
Not to jump in and hijack the thread, but this made me laugh.

"Inspectors spotted an employee scooping ice with his bare hands instead of using scoops."

OH THE HUMANITY!
Personally, I think that's disgusting and I'm not even close to being a germaphobe or a neat freak. God only knows where their hand has been before dipping their grimey paws into my ice, and therefore into my mouth.

Old
07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Personally, I think that's disgusting and I'm not even close to being a germaphobe or a neat freak. God only knows where their hand has been before dipping their grimey paws into my ice, and therefore into my mouth.

Born to scoop.

Old
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM
KW

I was about to say that the food service bears an eerie resemblance to the team on ice, if we use the "if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger" principle, but then I realized that the team did die, every time.

Back to the drawing board.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:11 PM
DW3

I'm curious about the low scores of the Canadian facilities.

Also note, the percentages are only critical violations, so no telling how any minor violations there were.

DW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:14 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:

Drink enough alcohol and it'll kill the germs.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:15 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:

Damn, I can't properly respond to this because of the "no politics" rule.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Drink enough alcohol and it'll kill the germs.
You are definitely not one to tell me to drink more alcohol. You've seen my facebook photos.