HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will NHL Center Ice show me each NYR game 2010-2011?

Old
07-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
one thing i don't understand is why the Direct TV MSG feed on the west coast isn't live? What does that mean.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Levitate

With DirecTV, you get NHL Network when you sign up for Center Ice

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
I've heard it's coming for two years now.

I'm in central NJ and had MSG HD on comcast for a while, but never on FIOS. I hate Dolan!
The issue has been brought back in to the spotlight lately...with Verizon increasing the heat, and more importantly legal action.

Verizon Asks FCC For Access To MSG HD
Extends complaint concerning Cablevision's sports content blockade
04:22PM Wednesday Jun 30 2010 by Karl Bode
tags: competition business cable content

Last January the FCC issued an order designed to put an end to cable operators preventing competitors from accessing local sports channels owned by the cable company. Last week those rules went into effect, and Dish, DirecTV and AT&T began the complaint process as they try to get access to Cablevision's MSG HD in New York, and Comcast's SportsNet Philadelphia. Now Verizon has joined the party, filing an extended formal complaint against Cablevision for withholding access to MSG HD as an anti-competitive tactic:

Madison Square Garden, which was spun off from Cablevision Systems Corp., is refusing to let Verizon buy high-definition telecasts for its FiOS television customers, Verizon said in a statement. AT&T, the biggest phone company, last week said it would file its own supplement unless the provider agreed to negotiate for access to the games. Madison Square Garden spokesman Dan Schoenberg said the company complies with federal regulations and is "pleased to have Verizon as a customer" for programming that’s not high definition..."The idea that a phone company more than 10-times our size needs a regulatory bailout is absurd."
Cablevision likely doesn't have much of a leg to stand on, and Verizon has consumer support on this issue. In fact, Verizon's original complaint with the FCC included complaints from users in our forums -- who are annoyed they're missing out on local sports content.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:07 PM
skymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Hey Guys.

Going to be watching this season from Cali. I want to get a way to watch each NYR game away from my computer - so any reviews for Center Ice? I don't mind if I have to watch the other broadcast team as I long as I don't miss the game. Anyone have any reports on what I can expect?

I notice they say 40 games per week rather then, catch each of your favorite teams games.

Many thanks - LGR!
Welcome to the club

Get center ice + Vs. = All Rangers games. Lifesaver. Just be prepared to watch games at 4:00 PM.

If you have Direct TV, typically you get both home and away feeds. Can't speak of the other providers (I will soon find out though, being forced to switch to Comcast ).

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:08 PM
skymachine

Quote:
one thing i don't understand is why the Direct TV MSG feed on the west coast isn't live? What does that mean.
This I have never experienced...not sure what they were talking about.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:48 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
The live games are blacked out so people have 2 buy the packages just like all of the fox sports net etc etc channels. Besides the blackouts everything else is exactly the same as far as I can tell. They just don't black out the replays. So you can get the games on msg w/o CI but you have 2 watch replays. Ur much better off w CI but if u really want the msg chan 4 some reason & don't want 2 buy CI this is an option

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote