HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Describe your reaction when.....

Old
07-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Captain Gorges

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Kk OP, now if you don't mind, how about another moment? What were your reactions to the some of the unbelievable saves during the famous "Halak Game" against Washington?

Here are some highlights

Describe your reaction when...
Here's my reaction :

And a close up :

BTW, i just love the commentator's speechless reaction at 0:13

Captain Gorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
McSorleyStick
DEFLATE THIS!

I jumped and yelled and stole sneakers on Ste-c...

Wait

And then I cried when the Flyers beat Boston, becasue I knew it was the end for the Habs

Sorry to burst your bubble

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I jumped and yelled and stole sneakers on Ste-c...

Wait

And then I cried when the Flyers beat Boston, becasue I knew it was the end for the Habs

Sorry to burst your bubble
What a fan!

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

I was watching with my friend and we do this thing during games where we will smoke some herbs and then say it gives the Habs some winning power. Yeah, I know, it's kind of lame, but chance is usually on our side when we do it.

Right before Moore's goal, we lit one up. I remember seeing Moore take the puck and speed for the net and then I screamed ''SHOOT ON THE LEFT MOFO!'' because I had seen the hole on Varlamov's left. Of course, Moore magically hears me and goes to the left and scores. A collection of high-fives, fist pumps, celebration swears and dance moves then ensued.

I'm gonna miss Moore and Halak.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:50 AM
davenash

I was in a severly overpacked Cage Aux Sports and I just screamed in relief when the goal happened. At 1-0, I was really on edge.

A couple of strangers hugged me, it was crazy, everybody went nuts.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM
GoHomez

Sleeping, sub-consiously hoping none of the kids would wake up preventing me from having a good nights sleep.

BUT, I do remember logging on to TSN in the morning getting a warm feeling in my chest when I realised the Habs had won, something I didnt dare hoping...

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 11:19 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadrüH View Post
Hahah there's gold in this thread
NSFW

I almost burst out laughing, I missed it until you bolded it.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Kk OP, now if you don't mind, how about another moment? What were your reactions to the some of the unbelievable saves during the famous "Halak Game" against Washington?

Here are some highlights

As for me, I knew I was watching something special, something that doesn't occur all that often, and luckily enough, it was my beloved Habs. We already had an idea what Halak can do, but that night, he was, as they say, in the zone. I knew then, win or lose in Game 7, we had witnessed something memorable. Kk, enough with the sappiness.

Describe your reaction when...
The whole time I was waiting for the "History will be made" music to start up. I get the shivers and chills watching it.

Now I miss Halak again...

Old
07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
The only time I felt better in my life was when we beat the Pens. I was was watching it with my dad streamed live on my computer. My computer decided to freeze a minute or so before the goal was scored so my dad scrambled to turn on the radio (we don't have cable so we couldn't get TSN). When the goal was scored, I heard "he scores!", there was a brief hesitation so that we could make sure there was no roar from the crowd, when there wasn't I proceeded to run around my house crying and then hugged my dad for some male bonding. One of the best nights of my life. I was too young to really appreciate when the Leafs were good. It was great, but it missed that special awareness of what was going on. I was 7 or 8 when they lost to Philly in overtime which broke my heart, though.

I love the Leafs and the Habs equally. Weird, I know. I'm from Toronto so I'm naturally a Leafs fan, but the Habs run in my family so I'm also naturally a Habs fan. It's inescapable!
thats a cool story and I can respect your decision but your family should be shot because they fail at parenting and teaching their children the important thing in life.

I was born into the bleu blanc and rouge. I never had a choice. But I love every bit of it, I can't imagine anything else.

Last edited by macavoy: 07-27-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: not really shot, just chastised in public
macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:42 AM
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
thats a cool story and I can respect your decision but your family should be shot because they fail at parenting and teaching their children the important thing in life.

I was born into the bleu blanc and rouge. I never had a choice. But I love every bit of it, I can't imagine anything else.
Well that's a nice thing to say. BTW, what's this "important thing"? And I can't imagine anything other than the Leafs and Habs. I will never not love either of these teams.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 07:18 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I jumped up and ran behind the couch and I screamed like I had been shot for a good 20 seconds. My gfs reaction: "I hate it when you do that, you scare me half to death".

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 08:15 AM
TankEller*

My father and I were watching the game together. Both stood up when Moore got on the loose puck, and we then hugged each other and happened to scream as if we were freaking combusting. My mother was watching the TV upstairs and was scared as hell.

Watching the highlights of this year's playoffs make me nostalgic, seeing Halak pulling all of those saves. I can't believe he's no longer with us.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 08:55 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
My father and I were watching the game together. Both stood up when Moore got on the loose puck, and we then hugged each other and happened to scream as if we were freaking combusting. My mother was watching the TV upstairs and was scared as hell.

Watching the highlights of this year's playoffs make me nostalgic, seeing Halak pulling all of those saves. I can't believe he's no longer with us.
Amen, my brother. My dad was usually working outside during all the games but when he'd come in later on I'd be like "GUESS WHAT? " and when they beat Washington in game 7, I ran outside to the garage with a sad face and said "I guess it's all over ... FOR WASHINGTON " and proceeded to do the same thing with Pittsburgh. Such a great playoffs to watch for me.

Old
07-28-2010, 09:26 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I was sitting on floor with a bunch of other people watching at a friend's house...jumped up onto my knees screaming and fistpumping full retard when Moore scored.

Then I got ready for the longest 3 and a half minutes of my life.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON JELLY View Post
They actually did get cars, but only if they were willing to pay the $7,000 in taxes. I think that clip is from one of her other silly giveaways, though.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/13/news/newsmakers/oprah/

Pontiac gave the car and paid the taxes..

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote