HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out Of Town Thread part XI (All non Habs related news here) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Can I just say that no one here has any idea what's going on with the negociations. No one knows if Price is playing hardball, PG, both or neither. That being said , what's with all the bashing towards Price and or PG? It will get done and it will most liekly be a reasonable amount. Why does everyone seem to be freaking out!?!?!?!?!

Old
07-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/303096.html

M-A Pouliot a Lightnings, I bet RDS will show something like 40 games of the Lightnings on RIS next year

Old
07-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/303096.html

M-A Pouliot a Lightnings, I bet RDS will show something like 40 games of the Lightnings on RIS next year
It's like Yzerman is literaly auditioning for the Habs' GM job.

Old
07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Frolov to the Rangers

1 year deal,3 million

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328655

Old
07-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Santino

Frolov signs with the rangers

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328655

Old
07-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

ex Habs Yann Danis off to the KHL

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/303271.html

Old
07-27-2010, 12:56 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Frolov to the Rangers

1 year deal,3 million

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328655
A ****ing steal imo.

Old
07-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
A ****ing steal imo.
It's a very good contract for the Rags,well see how it works out for them.At 3 million,I would have definitely have taken a shot at Frolov

Old
07-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Frolov is an enigmatic russian, much like Zherdev, except better defensively and not quite as flashy offensively. This is more than likely Frolov's last year in the NHL. He and Torts will not end well.

Old
07-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Next Best Thing*

I'm not impressed by the Ranger's signing, its nice that they complete their top 6 (or did they), but they do not worry me in the least with Frolov.

Old
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
TankEller*

Ok. So we have 4,7M to sign Price, and still, Gauthier feels he had NO CHANCE of signing Frolov, and just let him go elsewhere for a ridiculous amount of 3M per year?

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous, and brutal. Waiting for what you guys (especially poster Carey Price) have to say now that he wasn't signed for as high as 5M$ per year, like you predicted.

Old
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I'm not impressed by the Ranger's signing, its nice that they complete their top 6 (or did they), but they do not worry me in the least with Frolov.
Oh, and I'm sure we worry the hell out of them with Trisomy 46 and Pouliot as key members of our offensive core.

Old
07-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Ok. So we have 4,7M to sign Price, and still, Gauthier feels he had NO CHANCE of signing Frolov, and just let him go elsewhere for a ridiculous amount of 3M per year?

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous, and brutal. Waiting for what you guys (especially poster Carey Price) have to say now that he wasn't signed for as high as 5M$ per year, like you predicted.
Frolov loves Madison Square Garden

Why are you blaming Gauthier ? You do know there are 29 other gms out there who didn't get Frolov for 3 mill, too.

Use common sense before you bash.

Old
07-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Oh, and I'm sure we worry the hell out of them with Trisomy 46 and Pouliot as key members of our offensive core.
Andrei Kostitsyn will outproduce Frolov, possibly Pouliot too if his wrist is back to 100%.

I have nothing to back this up, just that Frolov and AK (contract year) are kinda of similar and lazy but the Habs > Rangers so overall that should be factored in.

Where would you trade (or dump) Kostitsyn to make room for Frolov, hmmmm? I'm glad you're not the GM.

Old
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Frolov loves Madison Square Garden

Why are you blaming Gauthier ? You do know there are 29 other gms out there who didn't get Frolov for 3 mill, too.

Use common sense before you bash.
His common sense disappears because of his over the top hate for Andrei Kostitsyn.

Also, he wants Frolov at 3 million knowing we have 4.7 million in cap space. That leaves 1.7 to sign Price and add another player.

Then he'll suggest ridding of Andrei Kostitsyn. But then we have to assume when ridding of Andrei that we get no salary back, but also something significant because getting ridding of him for nothing is just terrible asset management. Also getting nothing for Andrei will just spawn a whole new chain of complain threads about how incompetent Gauthier is because we got rid of a player for nothing.

Old
07-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
As for your assessment of Frolov's game, you're so mistaken that I'm not even going to lose any energy arguing with you. Frolov is a great two-way players who's great at keeping the puck with him, and who has a great vision and knows what to do with the puck. He proved he had chemestry with Cammalleri in the past, unlike A. Kostitsyn. And with 4,7M to sign only Price, you'd have to free only 500K to sign Frolov, so you easily could have kept both of these guys, while guys like Pacioretty would get much-needed AHL time, instead of being rushed once again this season.
Oh sure, don't waste your time trying to prove to me a point that you can't in the first place, so why do it? Andrei Kostitsyn and Frolov have more similarities in their game than you will admit, but the main one stands out is that they are usually unmovtivated. What you want to do is waste an asset for nothing while aquiring a similar yet older version of it, just because Kostitsyn wore out his welcome with you in the playoffs. Why, because we didn't go to the Cup final it's Kostitsyn's fault? That's very irrational. Don't worry, Pacioretty wilkl be one of the last who will get cut at camp the decision for him to play in the AHL next season is likely already made. with no more than 5 mil in cap and Price to sign do you realistically believe we can have all three of them? Wishful thinking man.

Old
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Andy

Quote:
We would have had enough cap space for both Kostitsyn and Frolov. Just saying. Price doesn't deserve a penny over what he got last season.
That's where you go wrong. Players salaries are dependent on merit or else 95% of the players in the nhl wouldn't be making the salaries they currently get. Thinking players get signed based on merit is what separates actual gms from arm chair ones such as yourself
Quote:
But hey, call me a Habs basher and a troll/hater. Just because I'm not sucking Gauthier's **** on each and every (non-)move he pulls, it means I'm not a real fan after all eh?
29 teams, passed on him. Teams that need offense such as Buffalo, Islanders etc passed on him. Maybe they didn't pass, maybe he didn't want to go there, which is something that can be applied to Montreal, but we had no cap room, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Quote:
When you can sign a player like Frolov, who showed great chemestry with a guy like Cammalleri in the past, for a short-term deal of 3M, you take the risk and you get him. Especially knowing what kind of performance the great Andrei gave us in the last playoffs/2 years.
I wanted Frolov only if he would replace Andrei as he is an upgrade only in the fact that he plays both ends of the ice. His offensive game is different from Andrei's. But I also don't want to get rid of Andrei for nothing because that is horrible asset management. Also whatever we get back for Andrei will probably have salary coming back with it, so we return to what I originally said.

4.7 million left in cap space.

Old
07-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Andy

Quote:
You're right, this guy makes perfect sense . Actually whining about the fact your team is soft, but still wanting no part of those players because "they're D-bags" on the ice when they play your team, when this is exactly why they're being paid.

But forget it. Andrei Kostitsyn is all-powerful and Frolov @ under 4M isn't affordable. I'm the one who doesn't make sense . All hail Andrei Kostitsyn, future superstar!
You didn't answer my question and then you went on to complain about Andrei.

Again why is it embarassing? He wants toughness, not idiots on the ice, though I wouldn't mind a guy like Cooke, but I understand where analyzer is coming from and don't think he's an idiot for thinking that. These guys are embarassing for the game of hockey.

Difference between toughness and acting like fools on the ice.

Old
07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn will outproduce Frolov, possibly Pouliot too if his wrist is back to 100%.

I have nothing to back this up, just that Frolov and AK (contract year) are kinda of similar and lazy but the Habs > Rangers so overall that should be factored in.

Where would you trade (or dump) Kostitsyn to make room for Frolov, hmmmm? I'm glad you're not the GM.
He has never out produced Frlov,what makes you think he will this year?And if Gaborik is healthy again like last year and Frolov is reunited with him on a line,I really doubt Kostitsyn will out produce Frolov

Old
07-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Looks like the Kings have replaced Frolov and signed Ponikarovski

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=803703

Old
07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He has never out produced Frlov,what makes you think he will this year?And if Gaborik is healthy again like last year and Frolov is reunited with him on a line,I really doubt Kostitsyn will out produce Frolov
I did say I have nothing to base it on, except for a hunch, probably should have edited how I started that sentence.
The possibility is certainly there, and at worst Frolov will get a bit more pts than him.
In any case, I see them being very close to eachother in terms of on-ice production.

Old
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
m00ks

I think it's a fantastic signing by the Rags specially at that price tag. We needed a guy like Frolov and thought he'd be perfect. Big body, RH shooter, defensively responsible, clear cut top 6 talent. Most importantly someone who can hold on to the ****ing puck and beast the boards. Would have been nice...

Old
07-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I think it's a fantastic signing by the Rags specially at that price tag. We needed a guy like Frolov and thought he'd be perfect. Big body, RH shooter, defensively responsible, clear cut top 6 talent. Most importantly someone who can hold on to the ****ing puck and beast the boards. Would have been nice...
I tend to agree. I don't really like Frolov or have confidence that he'd pan out... and of course one does have to assume the $3M is a New York special, otherwise there would have been several teams paying him that much. But just hypothetically speaking, I would have been tempted to try to squeeze things some how, some way, to try to shoe-horn that salary in. We don't have a fully-rounded top-6 at the moment, and Frolov would have been an intriguing attempt at rounding it out.

Ah well.

Old
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Perrah

Rags probably told him he was going to get 1st line minutes and 1st PP time in an offensive system. Then next year he will cost alot more since he should put up better numbers.

Old
07-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Frolov sign cheap in NY because it's New York city. A lot of Euros want to experience playing in the big Apple nothing new here. No chance he sign here for 3 millions

Closed Thread