HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Improving the Fan experience

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2010, 08:37 AM
BoltSTH

vCash: 500
Improving the Fan experience

Here are some suggestions to improve at least my enjoyment of the game:

• Ban the trumpets (Thrashers just did).
• Fire the Brass Band.
• Fire the Cheerleaders.
• Get a Mascot that can skate.
• Replace that annoying M/C. Voice sounds like finger nails on a blackboard.
• Stop Bolt Brigade doing anything during play.
• Get Ushers to do their job and stop folks entering until there is break in play.
• Remove all those tacky vendor carts. Looks like a fairground.
• Apply quality control to food/drink, including hygiene. (See ESPN report)
• Lower food/drink prices (worked for Rays).
• Anyone wearing a Bolts Jersey gets a free hot dog or drink voucher.
Consider
• Ban Sabres fans (worst in the NHL by far)
• Anyone wearing the opponents colors forced to use PortaPotties outside.

Old
07-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

What do you mean ban the tr-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I can't say I agree with most of your suggestions. It's sounding like you'd prefer a rather Spartan experience, and I can tell you that's not to the benefit of the team and the sport.

When they were the "Florida" Seals, their presentation was basically non-existent, and the game that ended up deciding the league champion felt like a regular season, senior league game down at the local rink.

You've also got a bit of a major contradiction in wanting to increase concession sales, but also raise the health quality. That's how you get those problems in the first place. Then factoring in vouchers, and having fewer vendors to handle all of that just add to the potential problem.

There's also an issue of what to do with the obvious counterfeit sweaters.

Banning Sabre fans, and the PortaPotty idea ain't happening of course. That's profiling btw, just because somebody is wearing a Sabres sweater, or colors that coincide with the opposing team's that night, doesn't make it okay to treat them like the second class citizens they are. The tickets also don't allow for re-entry.

Shutting down the Bolt Brigade from doing stuff during play is a very good idea though. I sit on the second level, so I do get distracted whenever they're blasting meatball sandwiches in the faces of the proletarians up on the third level.

Brass band is fine, cheerleaders are fine. The Advantica sight line: seat upgrade of the game, may be a bit like watching your pet think that they're people, but it all adds to the game experience, whether or not it's your particular cup of tea.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-27-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old
07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
BRichards19

Thunderbug used to be able to skate I thought? Did we fire that man/woman?

The horns I could definitely do without!

Quote:
Brass band is fine, cheerleaders are fine. They may not be your cup of tea, but they add to the game experience.
I'm fine with the Brass band if they work on the acoustics more. In the past the sound really has been the great coming from them.

Old
07-27-2010, 09:13 AM
BoltSTH

I go to the game to watch Hockey. That's my entertainment.

Old
07-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I don't think horns will be banned, considering they were just selling them for 5 bucks this past season, and then to tell people there no longer allowed, I don't know but seems like that'd be bad PR to start with. I don't mind them, hell I have one, but when people blow them to blow them then that's where the line is drawn.

Bolt Brigade can go for all I care. We don't need 6-7 Dbags running around telling me to get pumped up when were losing 4-0. Thunderbug can throw out the free shirts or whatever, hell even the cheerleaders can. Don't need guy cheerleaders on top of it.

However, the MC girl can stay. She's hot.

Old
07-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
I go to the game to watch Hockey. That's my entertainment.
Primarily, but you can watch hockey on tv, or at your nearest rink. Why go to Lightning games in person, if not for the "show"?

Old
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
peanutvendor

1. win.
2. make the playoffs.
3. win in playoffs.

Old
07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
gobolt7

I will fight anyone who wants to get rid of Brittney Zion.

Just saying....

Old
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
sonny side up

• Ban the trumpets (Thrashers just did). Keep em, I like em
• Fire the Brass Band. I will pack their bags, they suck on most nights
• Fire the Cheerleaders. could care less if they stay or go
• Get a Mascot that can skate. same as cheerleaders
• Replace that annoying M/C. Voice sounds like finger nails on a blackboard. same as mascot
• Stop Bolt Brigade doing anything during play. just fire them, they suck
• Get Ushers to do their job and stop folks entering until there is break in play. they do try but people suck
• Remove all those tacky vendor carts. Looks like a fairground. who cares if they are beer vendors, its better than having lies out the door
• Apply quality control to food/drink, including hygiene. obviously going to happen
• Lower food/drink prices (worked for Rays). may not be happening if they fix the quality
• Anyone wearing a Bolts Jersey gets a free hot dog or drink voucher. good idea on paper

Old
07-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Razzmatazz

Install the same Barton Organ replica that United Center has...and get an opera singer to do the national anthem.

Old
07-27-2010, 12:19 PM
sonny side up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz View Post
Install the same Barton Organ replica that United Center has...and get an opera singer to do the national anthem.
Personally I like it when the Les Sabler and Marshall Gillon do it.. I would actually be pissed if an opera singer did it.. doesn't exactly feel set the mood for hockey.. at least they have a guitar

Old
07-27-2010, 12:38 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

The horns are a deal breaker for me. I'm going to bring head phones to the games this year, but if they proliferate, I'm not going to any more games. Twice, last season, games were ruined for me by some kid blowing those things constantly from about 10 rows behind me. They are not meant for indoors. Thanks for reminding me to e-mail my ticket Rep the story from Atlanta.

Old
07-27-2010, 12:54 PM
DangleDoppler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
The horns are a deal breaker for me. I'm going to bring head phones to the games this year, but if they proliferate, I'm not going to any more games. Twice, last season, games were ruined for me by some kid blowing those things constantly from about 10 rows behind me. They are not meant for indoors.
I don't mind the Horns as long as they're mostly kids...I mean it keeps them in the game and they can have fun with it...Even if a few drunken fat guys have them it's cool...As long as they don't get out of hand like the Vulvuzelas(sp?)...I say keep em

Old
07-27-2010, 01:33 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDoppler View Post
I don't mind the Horns as long as they're mostly kids...I mean it keeps them in the game and they can have fun with it...Even if a few drunken fat guys have them it's cool...As long as they don't get out of hand like the Vulvuzelas(sp?)...I say keep em
I hate children. They should be seen, but not heard.

Old
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Razzmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
Personally I like it when the Les Sabler and Marshall Gillon do it.. I would actually be pissed if an opera singer did it.. doesn't exactly feel set the mood for hockey.. at least they have a guitar
You've obviously never been to a Blackhawks game

Old
07-27-2010, 02:43 PM
sonny side up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz View Post
You've obviously never been to a Blackhawks game

hahahaha oops, when I read the word 'opera'... this came into my mind

that was pretty bad ass though.. still nothing tops 16k fans singing it (damn Canadians and their pride)

Old
07-28-2010, 09:45 PM
TBLHoser

I only have three wishes....

First - Ban the horns. People that can't blow them or blow them at the appropriate time, shouldn't own one....and definitely not at the back of my head throughout the game....no, it is NOT funny....

Second - Better food period. Other than Outback, the rest wasn't good enough to be called school cafeteria food....

Third - If the kid doesn't make the right pick....don't give him the flippin' Carvel prize...the kid isn't going to learn life sucks sometimes.....

Old
07-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
I only have three wishes....

First - Ban the horns. People that can't blow them or blow them at the appropriate time, shouldn't own one....and definitely not at the back of my head throughout the game....no, it is NOT funny....

Second - Better food period. Other than Outback, the rest wasn't good enough to be called school cafeteria food....

Third - If the kid doesn't make the right pick....don't give him the flippin' Carvel prize...the kid isn't going to learn life sucks sometimes.....
The crowd reaction determines if the kid gets the ice cream or not, so I say for this upcoming season we all boo when it comes to that point.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:05 AM
sonny side up

Quote:
give him the mystery flavor ... the habanero flavored ice cream.. teach him not to **** up again

Old
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
BRichards19

Quote:
To this day, I still don't understand why the Five Guys left. I thought they had the best deals (nothing grossly overpriced like every other vendor) and were ALWAYS busy.

Closed Thread