HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out Of Town Thread part XI (All non Habs related news here) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He has never out produced Frlov,what makes you think he will this year?And if Gaborik is healthy again like last year and Frolov is reunited with him on a line,I really doubt Kostitsyn will out produce Frolov
I think that's the plan: Frolov with Gaborik and Prospal or Anisimov. Pretty good line.

Old
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Macs

Bergeron could go to tampa:
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...mpa-24344.html

Old
07-27-2010, 04:39 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs View Post
For once, people will be happy.

Old
07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Lord Chezz

Tampa is becoming a dynasty again

Old
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
and they were doing so well.

Old
07-27-2010, 05:43 PM
JayBee*

I wonder how much he would have signed for in Montreal. Poni and Frolov are 2 guys the Habs could have solidified their top 6 but looks like they're going with Pouillot and Andrei. A lot of "hoping all the stars align" from the Habs. Should be an interesting season.

Old
07-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I wonder how much he would have signed for in Montreal. Poni and Frolov are 2 guys the Habs could have solidified their top 6 but looks like they're going with Pouillot and Andrei. A lot of "hoping all the stars align" from the Habs. Should be an interesting season.
Poni and Frolov (to a lesser extent no doubt) are question marks as well.

Old
07-27-2010, 05:46 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Kostitsyn and Pouliot are much better options than Ponikarovski (who is a 3rd liner that played 1st line minutes on teams with mediocre wingers all his career)

Old
07-27-2010, 05:59 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Poni and Frolov (to a lesser extent no doubt) are question marks as well.
True, but they both bring things that the Habs need. Frolov would have been nice with Cam but I guess we'll never know.

What worries me is the PP. As the team stands now, I don't think the PP will be that effective. Unless they completely change their strategy.

Old
07-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Mue

Quote:
What worries me is the PP. As the team stands now, I don't think the PP will be that effective. Unless they completely change their strategy.
I agree with your basic point (having both Benny and Andrei in your top 6 is a risk) I just don't think Fro or Poni are the kind of guys that solidify anything.

With regards to the PP, Markov and two legitimate scoring threats should suffice. Cammalleri on the half boards and a guy on the point who can hit the net (hopefully Spacek can find his shot).

Old
07-27-2010, 06:34 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
True, but they both bring things that the Habs need. Frolov would have been nice with Cam but I guess we'll never know.

!??

We're probably going to have a top5 PP again. We have the league's best PP quarterback, one of the deadliest snipers, two good playmaking centers, a great, albeit short right handed sniper that stands in front of the net and a couple of decent wingers that can be great at times. Oh, and Subban. Our second wave d-man (Spacek, Hammer and Gorges) are terrible but the first wave should be deadly.

Old
07-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Kostitsyn and Pouliot both are RFA after this season, Poni and Frolov will ask for big contract if they produce next year. So if they suck we don't want to sign them back and that's leave a hole in the lineup and if they have good season they will probably try the UFA market.

Kostitsyn and Pouliot are a better option

Old
07-27-2010, 08:00 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
!??

We're probably going to have a top5 PP again. We have the league's best PP quarterback, one of the deadliest snipers, two good playmaking centers, a great, albeit short right handed sniper that stands in front of the net and a couple of decent wingers that can be great at times. Oh, and Subban. Our second wave d-man (Spacek, Hammer and Gorges) are terrible but the first wave should be deadly.
Top 5? I don't think so. But we'll see.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:10 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Top 5? I don't think so. But we'll see.
We've been a top PP team for years. We were 2nd last year, the only difference this year is we lost Bergeron, added Subban and should have that dude Markov for a few more dozen games.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:14 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
We've been a top PP team for years. We were 2nd last year, the only difference this year is we lost Bergeron, added Subban and should have that dude Markov for a few more dozen games.
How soon people forget.

The PP was always ass without a big shot d-man at the point. Souray, Streit, Schneider, MAB. Even with Markov healthy...he can't do it all himself...teams jump on him....Spacek can't hit the net...we'll have to hope he can this year.

I don't think you can be as confident as you are and say they'll be a top 5 PP without a big shot D-man at the point who can hit the net not named Markov

Old
07-27-2010, 08:17 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Check those PP stats without Schneider/Bergeron.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Check those PP stats without Schneider/Bergeron.
But we HAD Bergeron and Schneider, so what would be checking out stats without them mean, they don't even exist.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
oh man, I'd feel bad for Trois-Rivières if he signs with Tampa..

Old
07-27-2010, 08:23 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
But we HAD Bergeron and Schneider, so what would be checking out stats without them mean, they don't even exist.
No we did not. Both were emergency signings/acquisitions because our PP was bad.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:45 PM
guest1467

Quote:
How soon people forget.

The PP was always ass without a big shot d-man at the point. Souray, Streit, Schneider, MAB. Even with Markov healthy...he can't do it all himself...teams jump on him....Spacek can't hit the net...we'll have to hope he can this year.

I don't think you can be as confident as you are and say they'll be a top 5 PP without a big shot D-man at the point who can hit the net not named Markov
Subban has an excellent point shot.

Old
07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Subban has an excellent point shot.
Right, seems like Subban can do everything. I always hear "but we have Subban"... Sheesh, the guy is a rookie and can't be everything to everyone...

Old
07-27-2010, 09:55 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Right, seems like Subban can do everything. I always hear "but we have Subban"... Sheesh, the guy is a rookie and can't be everything to everyone...
Of the least of which, is a point shot on the PP. If PK can only do one thing this season(not going to happen, but regardless), having an effective point shot is the easiest one to accomplish.

Old
07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Of the least of which, is a point shot on the PP. If PK can only do one thing this season(not going to happen, but regardless), having an effective point shot is the easiest one to accomplish.
He has the power, i think he may need to refine his accuracy, but he's good enough right now i think. If opponents start to fear his slapshot, it will open up so many possibilities on the pp. 2nd wave? What 2nd wave?

Old
07-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Stradale

Quote:
So are you saying that Subban does not have a good shot/one timer?

Old
07-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So are you saying that Subban does not have a good shot/one timer?
No, he's saying people seem to be expecting Subban to be able to cure cancer this upcoming season.

Closed Thread