HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How come Price is not signed yet?

Old
07-28-2010, 08:38 AM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
Price/his agent are asking for too much money, I'm guessing.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
3 years takes him 1 year from UFA with arbitration rights, which could see him make a ton for 1 year, then be gone.

2 years gives a better look at him, and would allow the habs to negotiate a long term deal.

4 years just takes up all his RFA years and puts him right into UFA i believe.
Just in case people cannot read. The reason they haven't sign is because of a disagreement on length. Why is length so important? well read above!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
How ironic. A pressure goaltender who can't seem to handle pressure. And I hate when people criticize Habs fans, they're just passionate about their Habs. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. :/
I remember hearing this story where a Colombian soccer player was assassinated, I believe either because he scored on his own net or because he didn't stop an easy shot (don't remember, in my head I keep remembering two funny videos, one where a goalie lets in a really soft one, another where this guy kicks the ball into his own net)

Either way though, funny how a player actually got assassinated/murdered over it and people constantly cry over how habs fans are crazy. With the world we live in, people need to seriously wake up. I never see habs fans spitting on Philly fans or vandalizing Philly plated cars, but you see that in Philly all the time. You never hear about them though, constantly about how retarded habs fans are.

A riot after a habs game is more news worthy than any other rioting in North America practically, aside from maybe the Lakers riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
I wonder how the LeafsHabs fan was feeling when the Leafs kicked Habs out of the playoffs a couple years ago (the Bégin penalty, Huet struggling). Happy for the Leafs to kick Habs of playoffs or sad because Habs did not make them ?

Weird to be a fan of both teams...
Probably sad because the leafs weren't going anywhere that year anyways. I know if the habs were in last place and they edged Chicago out (my fave west team) then I would probably not be very pleased as I like Chicago and the habs were going no where anyways.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Just in case people cannot read. The reason they haven't sign is because of a disagreement on length. Why is length so important? well read above!
Length matters

BigFatPapa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Film Noir

Un agent hier, sur C.Price: "Il est en position de force, le CH n'a pas d'autre gardien au poste de partant." Bref, ça va coûter cher.

- Richard Labbé on Twitter.

For those not blessed with French reading skills: "One player agent told me yesterday about Carey Price: "He's in a position of strengh. The CH doesn't have another starting goalie." In other words, it's gonna be pricey.

Film Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:43 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir View Post
Un agent hier, sur C.Price: "Il est en position de force, le CH n'a pas d'autre gardien au poste de partant." Bref, ça va coûter cher.

For those not blessed with French reading skills: "One player agent told me yesterday about Carey Price: "He's in a position of strengh. The CH doesn't have another starting goalie." In other words, it's gonna be pricey.
Before everyone jumps on Gauthier for trading Halak before signing Price, it had to happen. Neither goalie was going to sign a contract with the other one still on the team. Both knew they could get #1 money, whether that was with Montreal or somewhere else.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Before everyone jumps on Gauthier for trading Halak before signing Price, it had to happen. Neither goalie was going to sign a contract with the other one still on the team. Both knew they could get #1 money, whether that was with Montreal or somewhere else.
This.
And the idea that Gauthier should have tricked Price into signing as a backup for less and then traded Halak and just hope that Price is OK with it is hilarious. That's definitely how you want to start a relationship with a goalie you hope to keep for the foreseeable future.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

I think Gauthier has decided what he is going to do and that is that.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:57 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

No disputing one had to go. The question will remain, at least momentarily, did the Habs send the right goaltender packing. If he gets close to Halak money then he better be prepared to win some games. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:04 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
No disputing one had to go. The question will remain, at least momentarily, did the Habs send the right goaltender packing. If he gets close to Halak money then he better be prepared to win some games. LOL
more like the team better be prepared to score more and 1-2 goals a game

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Montreal is one of the toughest places to play, especially in net. Habs have had some of the greatest goalies ever and us fans only expect the best.

Halak performed very well last year and I'm sad to say, if Price can't play well enough to get us into the playoffs and win a round or two he will really have to deal with the wrath of the fans, especially if he makes near Halak money.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
This thread is messed up. like 75% of the posters, I've never seen before

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
more like the team better be prepared to score more and 1-2 goals a game
I understand what you are saying but I just don't think the majority of the fanbase will see it that way.

Halak won. Price has to win too.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
I guess they put their faith in Auld.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:21 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
because we are a good team who will most likely make the playoffs for the next few years and give him a chance to show us (again) why he was so highly lauded as a pressure goaltender coming into the NHL.

if our fans can hold their **** together...
I think you meant ..; if he plays well. don't get me wrong... I'll be giving the guy many chances, and a lot of slack ... like we have been doing with him since day 1. He complained about not being able to find a rythm last season... he says he is ready to play... can't wait to see that... ( I demand progress, thats all )

but when or if he pulls another emo,setback, party season, don't act surprised when the fans rightfully run that kid out of town to express their anger over the organization's decisions...

cause let's be honest ... if that call isn't spot on ... to keep him over halak ... management,scouts,gm,president should all resign

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
saints96

Quote:
I understand what you are saying but I just don't think the majority of the fanbase will see it that way.

Halak won. Price has to win too.
care casual fans and lot of them just rely on stats. Yes, no doubt Price has to win more obviously, but one cant pin all his losses on Price.

25 games;26 goals scored
not even god/allah/yahweh could put up more wins than price did lol

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 02:13 PM
RC51

Price? well for sure the Habs don't want to trade him but It sure seems like Price+agent want too much money and the Habs don't want to piss him off but Price has no real way out. He is way to young to start demanding top money. But if this leads to a fight and the Habs slam the door and offer him a 1 year cheap contract, then hab fans will be watching Price every move all year.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:46 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:

Montreal can low ball him and there is nothing he can do about it. Let him go find a RFA sheet. He won't get $3m from anybody that is still in the market.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
scottyG

But but but how come Bobby Ryan isn't signed yet? Or Marc Staal?
OMGZZ ITS ONLY PRICE WHO CAN'T AGREE TO TERMS. That penny pinching mofo

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Kafka

Because we're in JULY.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Kafka

Quote:

I thought Labbé could do journalism. The only negociation power Price has is to stay at home or to sign in Russia. If that's what he wants, then maybe he isn't worth.

I just hope Labbé didn't wask the question to Price's agent... or to one working with him.

In the end, because of his status, Price is not having negociation power. You get some power when you can go in arbitration, and you get full power when you turn 26 years old. I thought Price had changed and wasn't relying on his first round pick status to determine how much he is worth. This guy should not get over 3M$ a season, even for a 2 years contract. I say it will end up 5.5M$/2 years.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
But but but how come Bobby Ryan isn't signed yet? Or Marc Staal?
OMGZZ ITS ONLY PRICE WHO CAN'T AGREE TO TERMS. That penny pinching mofo
The scenario is way different with Price than it is with Staal and Ryan.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 06:13 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
The scenario is way different with Price than it is with Staal and Ryan.
How exactly? Staal is NY top defender and Ryan is Anahiem's top PW and a 35 goal scorer.

Both aren't signed yet either

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Seriously its very deceiving to see the way Price handle the contract situation what has he proven so far other than have the tendency to become EXTREMELY nervous under key situations if save percentage is his reason well i can tell him the last 20 years montreal as always being a destination wich as always been top on that regard as a matter of fact thibeault, huet, theodore, halak, garon, anyone has had that luxury.. But when they leave uh oh... The most frustrating of all, despite all that we traded halak for him... Its sad, even tough i realise Bob Gainey made Him the way he is... Primadonna.. Bob mentality : We want u now! I dont care what the coach thinks your the one... You want to be traded, no, your the one, raise the arms a la patrick roy, no your the one ! If Price would like to help he could sign a cheap 1 year contract and maybe give us a little margin for another ufa... But he wants to play hard ball, i hope the organisation as learned something... Also i hope i am wrong but i got a feeling he is just waiting an offer sheet...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
odishabs

either one of

2 years 4 mill
or
4 years 11.5 mill make me a happy man

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote