HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max amount of money given to Price you'd be okay with

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
  #151
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I would trade him for Niemi . Better goalie and much cheaper . But i don't think the Hawks will be to exited ...
What makes you think Niemi is a better goalie than Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
And then about 2 million left over to sign a grinder for a 3 or 4th line . Eric Belanger perhaps ? I think Yes .
I would rather get Asham or Moore.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:56 PM
  #152
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
He won a Stanley cup and proved that he was a No Name goalie that could win and be really good without getting a Ridiculous Salary . And Asham is not that good of a scorer . Sure a good grinder but it ends there . And Moore gets greedy and wants more that what he is worth .

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:49 PM
  #153
expos4ever
Registered User
 
expos4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kirkland QC
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
As long as it's not my money... who cares!

Seriously... I think the Habs should try to lock him down at a reasonable rate for a few years before he becomes a superstar - If I was GM I'd pitch a 5 year deal averaging 2.5m per ($12.5m ttl)...

p.s. I can't wait to read on these pages over the next couple of years how most of you current Price-doubters were actually his biggest fans and knew he would be great etc...


Last edited by expos4ever: 07-26-2010 at 11:05 PM.
expos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 01:44 AM
  #154
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He won a Stanley cup and proved that he was a No Name goalie that could win and be really good without getting a Ridiculous Salary . And Asham is not that good of a scorer . Sure a good grinder but it ends there . And Moore gets greedy and wants more that what he is worth .
First of all, don't you think he was put in a pretty favourable environment to succeed? Chicago had incredible depth on both forward and defense, probably the best in the league, so good that they had to purge a 1/4 of their active roster.

Secondly, of course he didn't have a ridiculous salary, he was signed as a 26 year old rookie to a near base level contract. He is now an unsigned RFA, and it remains to see what he will receive this year after winning the cup.

Niemi may cost more next year than Price.

Lastly, you state you want Belanger as a "gritty 3rd liner" and then conclude that Asham doesn't score enough goals. Hate to break it to you, but Belanger doesn't score many goals either, and is not even remotely "gritty". A good player perhaps, but not gritty nonetheless. I consider Asham a superior 3rd liner at this point in their careers considering the upswing of his career, and his impressive playoff performance.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 06:31 AM
  #155
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
At least Belanger showed an interest in coming to Montreal . Contrarily to Asham . http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...1_accueil_POS2

And plus There is no way that Niemi is going to sign for more then price because they still haven't made him the clear cut # 1 goalie . AND The Hawks don't have the cap space to offer him a big contract .

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
  #156
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
At least Belanger showed an interest in coming to Montreal . Contrarily to Asham . http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...1_accueil_POS2

And plus There is no way that Niemi is going to sign for more then price because they still haven't made him the clear cut # 1 goalie . AND The Hawks don't have the cap space to offer him a big contract .
Well Niemi's arbitration hearing is on Thursday so it won't be too much longer before we know how much he will be getting.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
  #157
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
If he is the starter he's getting 1 - 2.5 million $ a year . If not about 1 million a year .

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 11:09 AM
  #158
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
If he is the starter he's getting 1 - 2.5 million $ a year . If not about 1 million a year .
Don't under estimate the amount of money a player can get in arbitration. Niemi has some good arguments in his favour. He had a great GAA at 2.25 and a decent SV% 0.912. He had the best Winning% of all goalies (not counting the few goalies that played less than 10 games) and won the Stanley Cup. Now Chicago will have some good arguments also with the depth and strength of their entire team but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 3mil or more but you never know. Now that doesn't mean Chicago will accept it but an arbiter might very well award it.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
  #159
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Yea but Chicago wont be able to pay him because they currently have about 0,8 Million in Cap space .

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 06:16 PM
  #160
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He won a Stanley cup and proved that he was a No Name goalie that could win and be really good without getting a Ridiculous Salary . And Asham is not that good of a scorer . Sure a good grinder but it ends there . And Moore gets greedy and wants more that what he is worth .
He was sure a game changer with that sparkling

.875 save % in game 3

or maybe you are talking about his amazing

.867 save % in game 4

or you must be talking about his steller

.852 save % in game 5

Hmmm maybe you mean his barn blazing

.875 save % in game 6?

Seems to me it didnt really matter who was in net towards winning the cup.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 07:31 AM
  #161
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
I would give Price what he is asking for: 9 M for 3 y. They could always trade him if he doesn't play as expected , and I ma sure some tems will jump on him, anyway.

The guy is so overated.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 08:21 AM
  #162
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Carey Price needs to start acting like a professional and take his career seriously. Honestly, at this point, he's lucky he still has a NHL career after his questionable work ethic, terrible on-ice body language, altercation with a teammate, losing his starting job, and now asking for too much money. He didn't even work hard in practice until recently. I'm a fan of his but I'm def. wavering. I was disgusted he did an interview with Cabbie in the 2009 playoffs and it looked like he didn't even care. With any other franchise, I'm sure they would've already cut their losses with him...

I don't really feel sorry for him because Gainey has given him so many chances. There are no more excuses, this upcoming season could define the rest of his career. The only thing in his way is himself.

I'm starting to worry he's the Alexander Daigle of goaltenders. The lazy kid who never really wanted to be a professional hockey player, and he only did it because he was good at it.


Last edited by eightyseven: 07-28-2010 at 08:28 AM.
eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:06 AM
  #163
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Off the meds again are you? You are the most ridiculous person to comment on this subject that I have seen. Atleast earl stuck to one side of the argument. Its like price punched your mom since the end of the season.
It really is unbelievable. This guy was bashing Halak all season long and saying what a huge mistake it would be to trade Price and now every post is questioning his character, work-ethic, and mental state. If he really believed all the stuff he's spewing now he wouldn't have advocated getting rid of Halak.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:12 AM
  #164
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Carey Price needs to start acting like a professional and take his career seriously. Honestly, at this point, he's lucky he still has a NHL career after his questionable work ethic, terrible on-ice body language, altercation with a teammate, losing his starting job, and now asking for too much money. He didn't even work hard in practice until recently. I'm a fan of his but I'm def. wavering. I was disgusted he did an interview with Cabbie in the 2009 playoffs and it looked like he didn't even care. With any other franchise, I'm sure they would've already cut their losses with him...

I don't really feel sorry for him because Gainey has given him so many chances. There are no more excuses, this upcoming season could define the rest of his career. The only thing in his way is himself.

I'm starting to worry he's the Alexander Daigle of goaltenders. The lazy kid who never really wanted to be a professional hockey player, and he only did it because he was good at it.
How do you know he is asking for too much money? Maybe Gauthier is trying to lowball him. Unless you are part of negociations you don't really know.

I think he "gew up" a lot last year when Halak went on a tear, he was forced to work harder, deal with not being "the man" and it showed him there is more to being an NHL than just showing up on game nights. Hopefully we see the benefits next season.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
  #165
De Montreal
help
 
De Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
I think it'll end up being a 5.5M$/2 years contract for him (2.75M per)

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:30 AM
  #166
SoundsGood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
At least Belanger showed an interest in coming to Montreal . Contrarily to Asham . http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...1_accueil_POS2

And plus There is no way that Niemi is going to sign for more then price because they still haven't made him the clear cut # 1 goalie . AND The Hawks don't have the cap space to offer him a big contract .
Sure he said he wants to come to Montreal... he scared to death he will be out of a job. Why didn't he say that when he was 22 or 23? To me, that article is a bunch of bull... If it really was "his dream" he might of tried before this year... What a bunch of bull.

SoundsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:35 AM
  #167
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Off the meds again are you? You are the most ridiculous person to comment on this subject that I have seen. Atleast earl stuck to one side of the argument. Its like price punched your mom since the end of the season.
While this guy is absolutely ridiculous, I still think it's funny how you guys weren't saying he was "off the meds" a couple of months ago, when he was bashing Halak, even going as far as saying he wished Halak would fail and fall apart in the playoffs so the management "doesn't commit the mistake of trading Price".

His pro-Price comments a couple of months ago were just as biased and ridiculous as his anti-Price comments right now. Still, people say Habs fans on these boards hate on Price .

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
  #168
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
While this guy is absolutely ridiculous, I still think it's funny how you guys weren't saying he was "off the meds" a couple of months ago, when he was bashing Halak, even going as far as saying he wished Halak would fail and fall apart in the playoffs so the management "doesn't commit the mistake of trading Price".

His pro-Price comments a couple of months ago were just as biased and ridiculous as his anti-Price comments right now. Still, people say Habs fans on these boards hate on Price .
It's not because he bashes Halak or Price that people think he's "off the meds", it's because he's flip-flopping between bashing Halak and praising Price, to questioning everything about Price.

As another poster said, Earl the Blues Fan for example sticks to praising Halak and hating Price. I disagree with him, but it's his opinion, and he sticks with it. He's not some crazy attention-seeking bandwagon poster like this guy.

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
  #169
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
While this guy is absolutely ridiculous, I still think it's funny how you guys weren't saying he was "off the meds" a couple of months ago, when he was bashing Halak, even going as far as saying he wished Halak would fail and fall apart in the playoffs so the management "doesn't commit the mistake of trading Price".

His pro-Price comments a couple of months ago were just as biased and ridiculous as his anti-Price comments right now. Still, people say Habs fans on these boards hate on Price .
Oh hohoho you got me. I didnt know I had to inform you I didnt care for what he said and 9 times out of 10 I just skip over his post as soon as I saw the name. He had enough people telling him what he was saying was silly. Atleast then he was consistent, then one morning he woke up to take the complete opposite side after the trade.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:06 AM
  #170
Lord Chezz
Registered User
 
Lord Chezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
It's not because he bashes Halak or Price that people think he's "off the meds", it's because he's flip-flopping between bashing Halak and praising Price, to questioning everything about Price.

As another poster said, Earl the Blues Fan for example sticks to praising Halak and hating Price. I disagree with him, but it's his opinion, and he sticks with it. He's not some crazy attention-seeking bandwagon poster like this guy.
Earl definitely is a pearl when it comes to things like this.

Lord Chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
  #171
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How do you know he is asking for too much money?
Don't worry about him, he's just taking a wild guess:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Price/his agent are asking for too much money, I'm guessing.

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
  #172
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Carey Price needs to start acting like a professional and take his career seriously. Honestly, at this point, he's lucky he still has a NHL career after his questionable work ethic, terrible on-ice body language, altercation with a teammate, losing his starting job, and now asking for too much money. He didn't even work hard in practice until recently. I'm a fan of his but I'm def. wavering. I was disgusted he did an interview with Cabbie in the 2009 playoffs and it looked like he didn't even care. With any other franchise, I'm sure they would've already cut their losses with him...

I don't really feel sorry for him because Gainey has given him so many chances. There are no more excuses, this upcoming season could define the rest of his career. The only thing in his way is himself.

I'm starting to worry he's the Alexander Daigle of goaltenders. The lazy kid who never really wanted to be a professional hockey player, and he only did it because he was good at it.
You went for being an embarassing fanboy to an annoying hater.

Are you really serious? How the hell wouldn't Carey Price have an NHL career?

BTW, all those reasons you quoted are either unproven or 1 time incidents. Funny how you also bring up the Cabbie interview one year later. Who cares about this crap?

You don't know him, his personality, you know nothing about his contract negociations and what is going on behind the scenes. You are delusional, or bored.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM
  #173
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I would give Price the qualifying offer and tell to show us what he can do. This guy has been a dissapointment from the beginning. My choice was Halak because he his no lazy bum.
40-16-10 2,30 ,920 in his first 66 regular season NHL games say otherwise. Check the bolded part in the last post I quoted.

Gawd I can't wait for the No-Dicks to come back, so all you pseudo-Habs fan in sheep's clothing can GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Hopefully the Nordiques return so you don't have to be associated with the habs anymore.
OMG, passion. From what side of the bed did you wake-up from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Caine View Post
Maybe you'll we right. It seems that an agent said something like you:

Per Richard Labbe's Twitter

"Un agent vient de me dire que 2ans/5M pour C.Price, c'est juste. "À ses 100 premiers matchs, il a une meilleure fiche que Fleu, Bro, Luongo""

translation : An agent told me that 2 years at 2,5 per is ok. "After his first 100 games, he has a better record than Brodeur, Fleury and Luongo"

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.