HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Should I trust this guy?!

Old
07-25-2010, 03:44 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

vCash: 500
Should I trust this guy?!

Hey Im looking at a Ryan Miller USA jersey, for $55. It says its brand new. I looked at all his other products and they still have the tags on them, and I could see like nike logos, so i could tell they arnt rip-offs.

But Im wondering if anyone has hurd of this Website, or has bought anything from this guy possible.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/7188989/rya...lympic-jersey#

I trust the product is legit, but im scared its all stolen

So Should I spend money on this?

EDIT: Alright, I wont spend the money on this crap. Thanks for you input guys.

Last edited by O23L: 07-26-2010 at 10:23 PM.
O23L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Tags, jerseys, anything having Nike logos on it DOES NOT mean in any way, shape, or form that it is real.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 04:08 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

True, but he has pretty good reviews, and Close ups on other jerseys look authentic.... have you seen this website before?

Old
07-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

I don't want to insult you, but I must say.. Are you blind?

Look at the name plate on the game photo. See how the letters are below the blue?

The jersey your looking at is a Chinese knockoff made for pennies. There are tons floating out there and they sell them on a bunch of different sites. They don't know anything about hockey jerseys, just that the North American market is obsessed with jerseys in general. They look at pictures of these and try to replicate them and sell them to North Americans for hundreds of percentage markup. So alot of times the fonts and sizes are all off because they are trying to eyeball it.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Even the jerseys on the official Team USA store are like that though.

http://www.shopusahockey.com/store/p...ca-Jersey.html

Notice the different blues. I can't find a picture since it's discontinued, but when it wasn't they had ones with names too and they were also like that.

That being said, it's definitely still fake.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 06:01 PM
hoonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
True, but he has pretty good reviews, and Close ups on other jerseys look authentic.... have you seen this website before?

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Heat McManus

Usually when something is too good to be true, it is. There's a lot of good counterfeits out there. Right now I don't trust a lot of the new stuff unless I'm buying from licensed dealers.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 08:56 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
LOL, some of the worst fakes I've seen, that's just awful. These are just a step above sharpie on a walmart t-shirt.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Stripes

His garbage is faker than a $4 bill.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
GCM
Stork

Orca giveaway.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
hallhopkinseberle

go to his house and do the trust test with him if u dont trust me dont buy it

hallhopkinseberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:47 PM
RememberRoger*
apt w/ 2 sexy ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonking View Post
feel like i'm looking at one of those shrunken head apple sculptures from the 70s.

RememberRoger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
A lot of Nike stuff on Ebay is Chinese knock offs. It's good that you did some research before you purchased.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Razzmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey995 View Post
go to his house and do the trust test with him if u dont trust me dont buy it
Nah, don't waste the gas, not worth it. I already trust the overwhelming opinion of the HF community on this one, smart decision to get some input here first.

Razzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Halifaxhab*

99% of the time these guys sell knockoffs. If what you want is an authentic jersey as a keepsake, buy direct from the NHL site or retailer. But if all you want is a jersey of your favorite team, no harm in it, especially considering the price. I mean really, if you're going to wear it to games and just out of the house, which one would you rather have? The 300-400 $ "authentic" version or the 50-70$ "knock-off" version that the majority of people wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

I own both types for my favorite team and looking side by side it is very hard to tell the difference, and both are well made.

It all comes down to what you feel comfortable with and the intended use

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 02:16 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Wonder if I could pick up a Sindey Crorsbly Or an Alux Oyvechman jersey from this dude.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 06:34 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I don't want to insult you, but I must say.. Are you blind?

Look at the name plate on the game photo. See how the letters are below the blue?

The jersey your looking at is a Chinese knockoff made for pennies. There are tons floating out there and they sell them on a bunch of different sites. They don't know anything about hockey jerseys, just that the North American market is obsessed with jerseys in general. They look at pictures of these and try to replicate them and sell them to North Americans for hundreds of percentage markup. So alot of times the fonts and sizes are all off because they are trying to eyeball it.
if you need to question it, ignore it. "eyeballing it" is OH SO TRUE. i bought a Gaborik jersey from a less than legit website, and it was all jacked up even though the pic looked legit. it didnt fit correctly in the shoulders, the stitches were weak, and "GABORIK" on the back and "RANGERS" down the front werent placed correctly. i paid $45, but i learned not to EVER buy a jersey from a site that seems even the slightest bit shady. you shouldnt either.

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
hallhopkinseberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz View Post
Nah, don't waste the gas, not worth it. I already trust the overwhelming opinion of the HF community on this one, smart decision to get some input here first.
true but that would be amazing if u did and funny and u will get ur answer for sure

hallhopkinseberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:18 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Alright thanks guys, No way im buying that junk anymore!
Ill just have to go find a miller USA jersey somewhere else haha.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
99% of the time these guys sell knockoffs. If what you want is an authentic jersey as a keepsake, buy direct from the NHL site or retailer. But if all you want is a jersey of your favorite team, no harm in it, especially considering the price. I mean really, if you're going to wear it to games and just out of the house, which one would you rather have? The 300-400 $ "authentic" version or the 50-70$ "knock-off" version that the majority of people wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

I own both types for my favorite team and looking side by side it is very hard to tell the difference, and both are well made.

It all comes down to what you feel comfortable with and the intended use
You can buy a legitimate licensed replica for $130. That is what 99% of fans buy in stores. You don't need to have an on-ice authentic for $300. I collect jerseys, and while I do prefer authentic, there are deals to be had. You just have to know how to shop. Just like most people, I can't afford to fork out $130 in one shot for even a replica jersey, so I save my money! It seems to be a foreign concept in today's society. I don't buy on impulse. I put a certain amount of money away every paycheque and when I have enough for something I want for my collection, I buy it.

I was in Vancouver for the Olympics, and I could tell that at least every second Team Canada hockey jersey I saw people wearing in the streets was a counterfeit piece of crap. So no, it's not hard to tell the difference.

Nobody should feel comfortable buying a fake jersey, knowing that your money is fueling illegal labour in other countries, and aside from that, you don't know where else your money could be going.

Points to remember for people looking to buy a legitimate jersey...

-Reebok does not make authentic on-ice jerseys with names and numbers. You can only buy them blank and then have them customized with a name and number.

-All authentic on-ice jerseys are made in Canada. No exceptions. If you're getting something from overseas, claiming to be an authentic Reebok Edge jersey, it's fake. Guaranteed. Reebok produces its replica jerseys, which is the majority of what you find in stores, in Indonesia...however, nobody makes fake replica jerseys because the appeal is to have an authentic.

Old
07-28-2010, 09:17 AM
shoeshine boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
You can buy a legitimate licensed replica for $130. That is what 99% of fans buy in stores. You don't need to have an on-ice authentic for $300.
my only problem with that is that ever since Reebok took over the jerseys the replicas have become cheap pieces of crap. I have several friends who have had problems with names, numbers and even shoulder patches peeling off because they are heat-pressed on rather than stitched. I miss the old days of the CCM jerseys when EVERYTHING was stitched on. those jerseys were worth saving up for. the Reebok replicas? not so much.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
TBLfan

Yeah, I wouldn't buy an authentic jersey with a name from Reebok. The product they're putting out is just rubbish, and for the money they're asking it's just absurd.

Old
07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
my only problem with that is that ever since Reebok took over the jerseys the replicas have become cheap pieces of crap. I have several friends who have had problems with names, numbers and even shoulder patches peeling off because they are heat-pressed on rather than stitched. I miss the old days of the CCM jerseys when EVERYTHING was stitched on. those jerseys were worth saving up for. the Reebok replicas? not so much.
The replicas aren't too bad. I agree on the names and numbers you get if you buy from NHL.com, but you can buy a blank replica and have it customized with authentic lettering with a licensed retailer. If you take care of them, you shouldn't have an issue with the shoulder patches peeling or rubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't buy an authentic jersey with a name from Reebok. The product they're putting out is just rubbish, and for the money they're asking it's just absurd.
Reebok does not make authentic jerseys with names and numbers for retail sale. If you want an authentic, you have to buy it blank and have it customized. Anything you see on eBay stores or any other website that claims to be an authentic jersey with a name and number is fake.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
TBLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
Reebok does not make authentic jerseys with names and numbers for retail sale. If you want an authentic, you have to buy it blank and have it customized. Anything you see on eBay stores or any other website that claims to be an authentic jersey with a name and number is fake.
They do, but they are generic heat-pressed crap.

Old
07-29-2010, 04:21 AM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
They do, but they are generic heat-pressed crap.
Those are replicas, not authentics.

Authentic = on-ice game jersey.