HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We have O'Byrne, Subban, Gorges on the right. And next season I think Webber and Carle will get a serious tryout too(it's now or never for both). Other than Markov, it's wide open on the left. As for Spacek, I think he's useless. A good option if Bieksa would come would be to move Gorges on the left. I would dump Hamrlik and Spacek regardless.
I think it's more likely to be Subban, Gorges and "someone" on the right (hopefully not Spacek... surely this is his chance to spend time on his proper side), with O'Byrne as the 7th defenseman. Ideally (meaning in a non-MAB world), there would be enough puck-moving and offense in the top 6 that the 7th guy would only be relied on to just go plug out some tough minutes... maybe up to 8->10 of them, and maybe some PK. If they're not ready to give O'Byrne a spot in a permanent pairing yet (let's face it, he wasn't exactly a regular in the playoffs - he only really logged minutes during bouts of injury), then there's all of a sudden room for Bieksa on the second line (with Spacek), and Gill-Gorges remains the 3rd pairing.

Also, I think they'd prefer to get Subban back to more moderate duties a.s.a.p. (i.e. develop him properly/gradually if possible). If Bieksa was acquired, that could mean Subban being moved down into the MAB role of 7th, 8->10 min + PP sparkplug defenseman and O'Byrne maybe moves up into a pairing (don't know what happens with Spacek and Hammer in that case... hopefully trade one of THEM rather than exploring options of either putting O'Byrne in the press box or getting rid of him).

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 07-24-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old
07-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I have a shaved a lot since that picture.

Old
07-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I think it's more likely to be Subban, Gorges and "someone" on the right (hopefully not Spacek... surely this is his chance to spend time on his proper side), with O'Byrne as the 7th defenseman. Ideally (meaning in a non-MAB world), there would be enough puck-moving and offense in the top 6 that the 7th guy would only be relied on to just go plug out some tough minutes... maybe up to 8->10 of them, and maybe some PK. If they're not ready to give O'Byrne a spot in a permanent pairing yet (let's face it, he wasn't exactly a regular in the playoffs - he only really logged minutes during bouts of injury), then there's all of a sudden room for Bieksa on the second line (with Spacek), and Gill-Gorges remains the 3rd pairing.

Also, I think they'd prefer to get Subban back to more moderate duties a.s.a.p. (i.e. develop him properly/gradually if possible). If Bieksa was acquired, that could mean Subban being moved down into the MAB role of 7th, 8->10 min + PP sparkplug defenseman and O'Byrne maybe moves up into a pairing (don't know what happens with Spacek and Hammer in that case... hopefully trade one of THEM rather than exploring options of either putting O'Byrne in the press box or getting rid of him).
I wouldn't mind that. Also I'd rather use Bieksa than Spacek(since I just know that Spacek will play a regular shift on the right next season). I still don't get why they got Spacek as we really need to see what youngsters like O'Byrne, Weber and Carle are capable of. We need to see if they can reach that next step on a regular basis.

Old
07-24-2010, 11:31 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Hmmm...You know more about the Nucks than I do but are you sure about that?

Seems to me he would look great on any 3rd or even 2nd line in the NHL. Energy, balls, grit, smarts and hands. I would think he actually helps the Sedins be as good as they can be if anything.
that is correct, he is all that and more when playing with the Sedins, he is perfect for that role and the Canucks would be stupid to trade him. Not a fit in Montreal though!

Old
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
sampollock

new week, and eck must have a hab rumor

Old
07-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Not really a Habs or Eklund rumor but there is word out there that Frolov is about to sign with the Rangers.

Old
07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not really a Habs or Eklund rumor but there is word out there that Frolov is about to sign with the Rangers.
overlords is a sad panda.

Old
07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
sampollock

eck is on the habs trail, just wait

Old
07-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Man he's really got you hook line and sinker.

Old
07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Why do you keep bumping this thread?

Old
07-27-2010, 01:49 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Why do you keep bumping this thread?
why was it started? lol

Old
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
FeelsLike93

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...onuses/1/29524

Quote:
Been a very busy day as I continue to work on a few MAJOR stories, as I look into Ice Edge/Phoenix/Winnipeg and a Major Canadiens trade (rumored last year) which may now be coming to fruition.
Any of you know what trade from last year he's talking about? The only thing that comes to mind is the Lecavalier one

Old
07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...onuses/1/29524

Any of you know what trade from last year he's talking about? The only thing that comes to mind is the Lecavalier one
Nahh, he's probably desperately trying to keep his hits up with Habs fans. He has Kaberle in every rumor to get Toronto fans clicking...

Old
07-28-2010, 06:14 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Yeah aside from the huge Lecavalier one I can't think of another. And its impossible for us to take on cap without shipping out Hamrlik.

Old
07-28-2010, 06:15 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Nahh, he's probably desperately trying to keep his hits up with Habs fans. He has Kaberle in every rumor to get Toronto fans clicking...
Exactly.

All media and hockey types have said there isn't a high market for Kaberle and the Leafs aren't getting top 6 forwards in the deals being proposed to them, that's why there hasn't been a trade.

He (Eklund) has rumours of Wheeler and Stuart for Kaberle and then the Flyers offering JVR and Colburn!

Two biggest fan bases are Habs and Leafs, wonder why he is always dropping their names?

Plus it involves Price.

Why would the Habs deal both goalies?

Old
07-28-2010, 06:21 PM
axman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Exactly.

All media and hockey types have said there isn't a high market for Kaberle and the Leafs aren't getting top 6 forwards in the deals being proposed to them, that's why there hasn't been a trade.

He (Eklund) has rumours of Wheeler and Stuart for Kaberle and then the Flyers offering JVR and Colburn!

Two biggest fan bases are Habs and Leafs, wonder why he is always dropping their names?

Plus it involves Price.

Why would the Habs deal both goalies
?

We've got Auld and Desjardins, who needs Price

Old
07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
sampollock

again eck wets, he never gives names, in these so called "blockbusters"

anyone can type that , and post

Old
07-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yeah aside from the huge Lecavalier one I can't think of another. And its impossible for us to take on cap without shipping out Hamrlik.
Gomez would work , but I can't see PG giving up good young players(Eller Subban LeBlanc Kristo) given Lecavalier's albatross contract or TB doing it 1 for 1.

Old
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Gomez would work , but I can't see PG giving up good young players(Eller Subban LeBlanc Kristo) given Lecavalier's albatross contract or TB doing it 1 for 1.
notice when eck has this "wild blockbuster", never has names,

itssssssssssss a secret he says, protect his sources....

on and on eck goes, where he stops, only he knows

give names or can it

Old
07-28-2010, 06:51 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
1 for 1? I'd do vinny for Gomez in a heartbeat. I'd be sad to see him go but its a business decision.

Old
07-28-2010, 06:52 PM
HeShootsHeScores

A guy at www.vestiaire.ca says one of his source told him the canadiens are in on a major trade. It seems one of the sides of this trade is waiting for one of their player to waive his NTC. Basically, according to this guy (or his source), the habs are one decision away from a major trade. More to come tonight...

Don't care if it happens or not, at least there's something to talk about!

Old
07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
A guy at www.vestiaire.ca says one of his source told him the canadiens are in on a major trade. It seems one of the sides of this trade is waiting for one of their player to waive his NTC. Basically, according to this guy (or his source), the habs are one decision away from a major trade. More to come tonight...

Don't care if it happens or not, at least there's something to talk about!
Okay lets name players we have that we'd like to get rid of that have a NTC...just for fun...

hmmm....

HAMRLIK..

But seriously who would we trade him to? Hamrlik for Vermette? Brassard? What would it be? Btw I don't think Hamrlik and a 2nd would get us either.

Old
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Okay lets name players we have that we'd like to get rid of that have a NTC...just for fun...

hmmm....

HAMRLIK..

But seriously who would we trade him to? Hamrlik for Vermette? Brassard? What would it be? Btw I don't think Hamrlik and a 2nd would get us either.
I guess I like to blindly believe these rumors with a "surprise me" attitude...but as you say, why the hell would anybody want hamrlik with his salary

Old
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
habshound247

Eklund just posts vague rumors to keep his hits up. He was blogging about having over a million hits this month, and vague Habs and Leafs references will get that.

Old
07-28-2010, 07:09 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Okay both Vestiaire and Eklund posting rumors about the Habs on a big trade is very exciting and all but how often do we see either site come up with a grain of truth? Eklund had his run this offseason, and abit during trade deadline, but aside from that I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Hamrlik has a NTC
Gionta has a NTC
Pleks has a NTC
Gomez has a NTC
Cammalleri has a NTC
Spacek has a NTC
and Markov has a NTC.

Take your pick.

Now we can speculate the teams involved for fun.

San Jose, Columbus, Edmonton (for some reason lets throw them in there), Anaheim, and lets throw in Phoenix.

I doubt anything happens, Gauthier needs to sign his #1 Goalie before he makes trades, unless he plans on signing Price to a massive length/amount.

Closed Thread