HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey world Barrell sticks?

Old
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Blueland89

vCash: 500
Hockey world Barrell sticks?

My wife just gave me a call letting me know my new hockey sticks just came in she said they are franklin Wood Sticks they are the same just with different blades and one is a round toe and the other is a squared toe. I figured it's was a good deal cause i'm playing outside so $15 a stick aren't bad. Wonderin if anybody has had any experience with a franklin stick i always figured they were cheap or coarse they were only $15.

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

can't really say without a model number, pics, etc.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
edgevolution
GO USA!

yeah, can't really say without pics or something. And when i buy a wood stick, i usually buy sherwood or christian

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Blueland89

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
yeah, can't really say without pics or something. And when i buy a wood stick, i usually buy sherwood or christian
where do you buy Christian sticks from I've been looking for them on the internet but I can't find them I live in Georgia so it's not like I can just run to the a hockey shop. It's 2 Franklin 6070 sticks they are extrmely light and extremely long I am 5"11 and with my skates off they come up to my eyes. One stick has the Ron Francis curve and the other has Peter Straka curve one is a rounded toe and the other is a squared toe. My other stick is a CCM Vector 01 wood stick. The Franklin stick actually seems lighter and better built got them for $15 a piece and the original sale price i found onthe internet was $65.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
edgevolution
GO USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
where do you buy Christian sticks from I've been looking for them on the internet but I can't find them I live in Georgia so it's not like I can just run to the a hockey shop. It's 2 Franklin 6070 sticks they are extrmely light and extremely long I am 5"11 and with my skates off they come up to my eyes. One stick has the Ron Francis curve and the other has Peter Straka curve one is a rounded toe and the other is a squared toe. My other stick is a CCM Vector 01 wood stick. The Franklin stick actually seems lighter and better built got them for $15 a piece and the original sale price i found onthe internet was $65.
Sounds like a decent stick and you can't really go wrong for 15$. I know Christian has some sticks on there website at http://www.cbhockey.com/ but i don't know where else online. I live in MN so there's a hockey shop every 10-15 miles lol.

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Barrel sticks almost always suck...cheap, dried out wood sticks that are about twice as heavy as a decent one piece.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Blueland89

I play outside so $15 for a half descent stick is not bad