HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mario Tremblay joins RDS,replacing Demers

Old
07-29-2010, 10:13 AM
jo_ab

vCash: 500
Mario Tremblay joins RDS,replacing Demers

http://www.rds.ca/divers/chroniques/303400.html

Well I don't know if he is good or not but with the departure of Jacques Demers they just find someone to fill his role.

(Nothing new about Benoit Brunet...)

Discuss!

jo_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Lafleur77

Mario Treblay to replace Demers at RDS

http://www.rds.ca/divers/chroniques/303400.html

"Yé gros en Ti-Jésus de plâtre!"

Lafleur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
ReVeuF

He is OK

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:16 AM
neopreneur

He's pretty good

He a commentator on TVA or TQS before RDS got the exclusive TV deal.

edit: he was a commentator before becoming head coach of the Habs

neopreneur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:19 AM
VanNistelrooy

http://sportnographe.radio-canada.ca...nde-12981.html

Here's a audio clip of him and Réjean Tremblay going at it.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

At least he was in the league last year , he will not compare the game of today with the game of the 80 or 90 like Therrien,Bergeron, Brunet etc

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Lots of people still hate him for the Roy Fiasco.

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
I'm sure he will get some heat at first because of this. But if does the job well nobody will care after a few weeks.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:40 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post

Haha, thanks for sharing this... It's nice hearing Réjean Tremblay getting talked to like that!

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:42 AM
lillypad33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Haha, thanks for sharing this... It's nice hearing Réjean Tremblay getting talked to like that!
Haven't seen him in a while.
Has his hair grayed entirely, or is he still skunk head?

lillypad33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post

This is awesome, lol.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
He isn't the one who took the final decision. He was dumb to conduct himself as Mr. Know-it-all, but he is not responsible for what Roy did and for how Houle and Corey handled that situation. Not responsible for how stupid the return was 'cause while trading the best goalie of all-time might be stupid, the return is key to how stupid it was...

There was a whole lot of possibility to sit both Roy and Tremblay and give some sense to both of these guys IF we had guys with leadership running the show. We didn't.

The best part of that hiring, or so I think, is that it might serve to put some sense into stupid reactions like the oldies are having. The guy was just in the league the year before. With tons of experience about how it is NOW. It might leveled the field when he'll be face to Bergeron, Flynn and Therrien of this world. But again, or so I hope. He is friend of all those guys. So we'll see what role he'll play. Let's hope he doesn't suddenly forget his past and start bashing the same way.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Deify88

This guy is the reason I stopped watching hockey for almost 10 years.

Deify88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
coolasprICE

Yes, let's bring in the guy who was the driving force behind the downfall of this organization ... I totally support this !!

Only ****ing RDS ... one thing to bring him on a replacement guest once in awhile, but full time ... wow.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deify88 View Post
This guy is the reason I stopped watching hockey for almost 10 years.
So you stopped watching a sport because of one person? That says more about you than it does about Mario Tremblay.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:04 AM
TankEller*

Consequences will never be the same!

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Yes, let's bring in the guy who was the driving force behind the downfall of this organization ... I totally support this !!

Only ****ing RDS ... one thing to bring him on a replacement guest once in awhile, but full time ... wow.
He's not the one who hired himself. He's not the one who decided that because of Roy's gesture, Roy HAD to absolutely be traded and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. He's not the one who believed that the return was fair.

Tremblay was young and stupid and full of himself. But he's far from being THE driving force behind the downfall....

Old
07-29-2010, 11:19 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He's not the one who hired himself. He's not the one who decided that because of Roy's gesture, Roy HAD to absolutely be traded and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. He's not the one who believed that the return was fair.

Tremblay was young and stupid and full of himself. But he's far from being THE driving force behind the downfall....
I think you're in denial , no offense man. You seem to be waving off responsibility and redirecting to the horrible GM and trade. In reality, both played a part in crippling this organization, and both are guilty.

Tremblay is the man who ****ed up the relationship with our superstar, franchise player, stanley cup winner goaltender. PERIOD.

Yes, he was young and stupid - but does this mean I should forgive him and forget about the Roy Fiasco? It's like telling a holocaust survivor to start driving german cars because we are in 2010 and not in the 40's ... Aint gonna happen buddy! And that's just the way world spins.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Seriously guys, prior to be the habs coach, i loved him (okay, i was still a kid, but still) he was pure heart.. now its gonna be tough to watch him everyday.. but its life and we should all move on.. he has an extensive experience now so lets wait and see, we all know he wont fumble a word on every sentence he says, a la Benny B.. at least thats a big +...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I think you're in denial , no offense man. You seem to be waving off responsibility and redirecting to the horrible GM and trade. In reality, both played a part in crippling this organization, and both are guilty.

Tremblay is the man who ****ed up the relationship with our superstar, franchise player, stanley cup winner goaltender. PERIOD.

Yes, he was young and stupid - but does this mean I should forgive him and forget about the Roy Fiasco? It's like telling a holocaust survivor to start driving german cars because we are in 2010 and not in the 40's ... Aint gonna happen buddy! And that's just the way world spins.
Any idea of how the relationship was BEFORE that incident? Any clue? Both guys were handling the other quite well. They were almost bounding. Then Tremblay in fact THAT ONE TIME became stupid and decided to teach Roy a lesson. Now....what if Roy isn't childish and unprofessionnal and decides NOT to address Corey behind the bench? And just instead decides to grip Tremblay in the dressing room and tell him how he feels? Would we have known how pissed he was? Would he have be traded that soon for that ridiculous trade?

Waving off responsability? Where did I say that. He did play a part in this no question. BUT HE'S NOT THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIRING HIMSELF. He's not the one responsible for the rest of this fiasco. What part does Corey play in your world? How about Houle?

Did he play a part? Yes. THE DRIVING FORCE? Come on....In your world maybe. And where did I mention to forgive him? Chances are though, if you happen to listen to that channel, chances are you'd like more what he's going to say than what the other clowns are going to. Gaston Therrien never made such a bad trade for us....does it makes him a better analyst? How about Chantelois? Or Michel Bergeron?

Geez Holocaust and Roy-Tremblay? Really?

Old
07-29-2010, 11:32 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Good news, i was a fan of him at CJMS back in the 90's. He was doing a good job at TQS too.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Whitesnake, I have loads of admiration for you to answer to all these clueless posters.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:40 AM
neofury*

I can't wait to see them poke fun at him over the Roy thing

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

So... are you going to protest in front of RDS for something that happened 15 years ago?

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
neofury*

Quote:

In like 10 years from now people will probably say the same about JM because of Kostitsyn, doesn't make speculation fact.

Roy wanted out, in sports you do what you're told by your coach not the other way around. Roy was a baby and while they probably should have tried to fix the situation he was still being a QQer.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote