HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mario Tremblay joins RDS,replacing Demers

Old
07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
I hoped he would rebuild his career... but he has entered the graveyard of RDS.

Not one person who has ever been on RDS has ever gotten back into the NHL.

RDS = no more NHL career

Not one person has ever made it back

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:45 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Any idea of how the relationship was BEFORE that incident? Any clue? Both guys were handling the other quite well. They were almost bounding. Then Tremblay in fact THAT ONE TIME became stupid and decided to teach Roy a lesson. Now....what if Roy isn't childish and unprofessionnal and decides NOT to address Corey behind the bench? And just instead decides to grip Tremblay in the dressing room and tell him how he feels? Would we have known how pissed he was? Would he have be traded that soon for that ridiculous trade?

Waving off responsability? Where did I say that. He did play a part in this no question. BUT HE'S NOT THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIRING HIMSELF. He's not the one responsible for the rest of this fiasco. What part does Corey play in your world? How about Houle?

Did he play a part? Yes. THE DRIVING FORCE? Come on....In your world maybe. And where did I mention to forgive him? Chances are though, if you happen to listen to that channel, chances are you'd like more what he's going to say than what the other clowns are going to. Gaston Therrien never made such a bad trade for us....does it makes him a better analyst? How about Chantelois? Or Michel Bergeron?

Geez Holocaust and Roy-Tremblay? Really?
The coaches job is to build and maintain positive relationships with his players for the well being of the organization. He failed.

Roy went on to win 2 stanley cups , 1 in the same year of his departure ... of course we all know this , but what does this say about any potential concerns / blame that one may have on Roy? It totally discredits them. So your "what about Roy's part" is more about being a M.Tremblay sympathizer. Tremblay learned an important lesson - and we paid the price.

If we had Jacques Demers behind the bench instead of Tremblay this team would of been in far superior position for the years to come just on the grounds of saving Roy. I don't doubt that Tremblay has grown and learnt from past mistakes and will probably flourish as analyst on RDS. But this can't fix what I remember when I see his eyes.

Roy certainly does not win a cup with the Avs in 95. And a very good chance that this team would have had more success in the years to come.

Tremblay was the driving force behind the demise of this franchise - datz it datz all.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
The coaches job is to build and maintain positive relationships with his players for the well being of the organization. He failed.

Roy went on to win 2 stanley cups , 1 in the same year of his departure ... of course we all know this , but what does this say about any potential concerns / blame that one may have on Roy? It totally discredits them. So your "what about Roy's part" is more about being a M.Tremblay sympathizer. Tremblay learned an important lesson - and we paid the price.

If we had Jacques Demers behind the bench instead of Tremblay this team would of been in far superior position for the years to come just on the grounds of saving Roy.

Roy certainly does not win a cup with the Avs in 95. And a very good chance that this team would have had more success in the years to come.

Tremblay was the driving force behind the demise of this franchise - datz it datz all.
except that Roy was pretty much already traded by the time Houle/Tremblay rolled around. They, through Corey, actually gave him more time in Montréal. What does that tell you about Patrick?

And the holocaust analogy was really, really weak.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

If we had Jacques Demers behind the bench instead of Tremblay this team would of been in far superior position for the years to come just on the grounds of saving Roy.

Ronald Corey WAS. he is the one who had the "bright" idea to hire Houle, Tremblay and Cournoyer.

Corey (and Houle) was not strong enough to bring Roy and Tremblay to talk and settle down for the good of the team. If Houle and Corey would had sent home Roy for a week or two to cool down his engines, this franchise would had not struggled that much in the last 17 years ! + Tremblay is not the one that made that awful trade with the Avs.

Tremblay was a rookie coach then who did better than most other rookie coaches that have followed him in the next few years.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:52 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
So... are you going to protest in front of RDS for something that happened 15 years ago?
No, I protested 15 years ago for something that happened 15 years ago... you weren't born then but your parents were there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
In like 10 years from now people will probably say the same about JM because of Kostitsyn, doesn't make speculation fact.

Roy wanted out, in sports you do what you're told by your coach not the other way around. Roy was a baby and while they probably should have tried to fix the situation he was still being a QQer.
Roy wanted out because he saw that this organization was going down the tubes starting with the monkey behind the bench.

And come on, kostitsyn to Roy now? You do realize Roy single handedly won 2 cups with the Habs? Major fail of a comparison lol

Old
07-29-2010, 11:54 AM
AlexCap

Serge Savard went on record (I think) saying that prior to him being fired as GM, he had a deal in place to trade Roy to Colorado for Owen Nolan and Stephane Fiset.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...erent-way.html

---

I think Tremblay came in and wanted to put his stamp on the team. When you are not a technical/tactical coach and more of a motivator, if your guys do not listen to you, you cannot succeed. I think Roy is more at fault than Tremblay for forcing the Canadiens' hand and trading him and you cannot blame Tremblay for the return. But at the time we thought Thibault would be a star goalie and got two potential high scoring wingers for Roy (and Keane).. unfortunately none worked out.

AlexCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
If Rejean Houle make a good trade, nobody talk **** about Tremblay today. Tremblay was the coach for only 2 years and never missed the playoffs.He's not responsable for all those poor 1st round pick make by Rejean Houle.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Ronald Corey WAS. he is the one who had the "bright" idea to hire Houle, Tremblay and Cournoyer.

Corey (and Houle) was not strong enough to bring Roy and Tremblay to talk and settle down for the good of the team. If Houle and Corey would had sent home Roy for a week or two to cool down his engines, this franchise would had not struggled that much in the last 17 years ! + Tremblay is not the one that made that awful trade with the Avs.

Tremblay was a rookie coach then who did better than most other rookie coaches that have followed him in the next few years.
I agree. It's an entire mess across the board, and all are part of the driving force... I mean, we can't say it's not the coaches fault for being hired and being retarded because the GM and President are too... It's the coaches fault for being a tool.

It's like a father handing down the business to his son who is a complete moron and ruins the business. Both are retards in their respective right.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
RDS = no more NHL career

Not one person has ever made it back
It is not because it is RDS. It's maybe because it is a media.

But I am pretty sure too, it is because Tremblay, as well as many other Quebec born coaches (or ex-Q coaches) don't have too many close friends in other organizations. And it is normal. You hire the guys you know best.

How come Mike Keenan had so many chances at NHL level ? And the Murray brothers ?

Old
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
AlexCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
If Rejean Houle make a good trade, nobody talk **** about Tremblay today. Tremblay was the coach for only 2 years and never missed the playoffs.He's not responsable for all those poor 1st round pick make by Rejean Houle.
Houle was one of the nicest retired Canadiens I ever met but was not ready to be a GM. He was put in a terrible position and didn't get the results.

I'll never forget the end of his tenure where it seemed like he was scared to pull the trigger on any deal. He loves the Canadiens so much that he was scared to make another mistake. When you start to doubt yourself, its time to go.

I think thats part of the reason Gainey left, is he wasn't sure if he was making the right moves anymore and that is not good.

AlexCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
I agree. It's an entire mess across the board, and all are part of the driving force... I mean, we can't say it's not the coaches fault for being hired and being retarded because the GM and President are too... It's the coaches fault for being a tool.

It's like a father handing down the business to his son who is a complete moron and ruins the business. Both are retards in their respective right.
The only real mistake that Tremblay did, was accepting the job. The guy had not even coached a Pee-wee team when he accepted the job. But Tremblay is a loyal foot guard with the CH tatooted on his chest, and he answered the call... Too quickly unfortunately.

It took Boivin 10 years (and it's not over) to mop up the Corey's mistakes.

But, as you may know or SHOULD know... Serge Savard was ABOUT to trade Roy to the Avalanches for Owen Nolan (+?) when he was fired by Corey.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Lots of people still hate him for the Roy Fiasco.
I will always hate him for it. His face makes me sick. I actually liked him before he became coach.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:

Retards? Everybody makes mistakes. What matters is learning from your mistakes. Tremblay went back on the bench as an assistant of Lemaire, don't you think he has improved since then, both as a person and a coach? Stop living in the past, it has happened and it's already too late. The guy could be a great analyst, especially with his personnal pedigree and his communication abilities. I've met him several times, and he's definitly the kind of individual you could enjoy to be listening to...

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
No, I protested 15 years ago for something that happened 15 years ago... you weren't born then but your parents were there!
I'm not 15 and I remember when Roy was traded, even though I was young.

But why are you pissed off? It's just ****ing Tremblay on tv. He's not coach, GM or anything else in the Habs organization. He's been hired to give his opinion, nothing else. What's the problem?!

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
Retards? Everybody makes mistakes. What matters is learning from your mistakes. Tremblay went back on the bench as an assistant of Lemaire, don't you think he has improved since then, both as a person and a coach? Stop living in the past, it has happened and it's already too late. The guy could be a great analyst, especially with his personnal pedigree and his communication abilities. I've met him several times, and he's definitly the kind of individual you could enjoy to be listening to...
Yes, I'm sure he's moved-on and is a better-man today than he was yesterday. Let him get hired by the WildTV or Leafs TV or what have you and I would be very happy for him.

I do not want to see his face 82 nights a year next season. Understand?

Old
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure he's moved-on and is a better-man today than he was yesterday. Let him get hired by the WildTV or Leafs TV or what have you and I would be very happy for him.

Nobody will force you to watch him. The games are broadcasted elsewehre.

Actually, I would had prefer him to replace Brunet besides Houde. that would had been a huge improvement.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
ReVeuF

Without thinking about the past, he will do a good job and will replace well Demers. Of course the Roy incident is a sting to the heart...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:12 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I'm not 15 and I remember when Roy was traded, even though I was young.

But why are you pissed off? It's just ****ing Tremblay on tv. He's not coach, GM or anything else in the Habs organization. He's been hired to give his opinion, nothing else. What's the problem?!

Old
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
JayBee*

Quote:

Pretty much, and it's not nec. all his fault...it's just when you see his face, he represents the beginning of the end. Houle was awful, even worse than Tremblay...but Corey should take the msot blame for bringing in people with 0 experience. He should also take the blame for how the team handled the whole Roy issue. You sit both of them down and hash it out...you send him home...whatever. They were so arrogant and I have no idea why.

So yes, when I see that ******'s face, that's what I think of...it may be unfair but that's how I feel.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Again, Tremblay didn't trade him. And it was 15 years ago. Get over it, damnit. The past means nothing going forward, especially when your last cup was 17 years ago. It won't help the current team to win it all next year.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
deandebean

Mario will do fine. He's better than most solutions out there, because he's been coaching in different markets not too long ago. He'll have perspective on the matter, much more than others there.

I've always liked Mario. He screwed up as a coach, but let's all remember that he had a stellar first year record-wise, even with the Roy fiasco.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

If he can manage to trade Yannick Bouchard (the bald one, not Joel) for a bunch of scrubs, I'll be a happy camper

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
deandebean

Oh, and Vestiaire.ca had the "scoop" on this last week I believe.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

" So Mario, Price has allowed 5 goals tonight; what would you do if you were Jacques Martin ? "

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:

I understand clearly. Hence why I'll repeat it again: Stop living in the past. It has happened and it's not actuality anymore. Nobody enjoyed that episode but it's 15 years ago. Do you knock on yourself on mistakes (you could not know you were doing at the time, otherwise you would not have done) you have made 15 years ago?

I know that for my own sanity, I will be focusing on the present, appreciate his fresh contribution (which will, let's hope, lower G. Therrien and similars' contributions) and wish him the best luck in his future career and health. He worked hard for all his life (which is proved by his pedigree and the type of player he was) and deserves respect for who he is, and what he has achieved. I do not believe calling your fellow neighbor a "Retard" because he made a mistake improves your own condition, nor is it a proof of your maturity and your quality as a fan (more likely the opposite). Up to you to recieve the deep sincere and compassionate message I've just sent you, or to remain stuck on your blind hate (which binds you to a past-actual-future loop of sadness).

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
" So Mario, Price has allowed 5 goals tonight; what would you do if you were Jacques Martin ? "
Now that was funny

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote