HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
  #1026
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,972
vCash: 500
Eklund probably has some sources with certain teams, but it's painfully obvious that he has no habs sources, the **** he posts is ridiculous.

I remember just two years ago I compiled a list of players Eklund said the Canadiens were going to trade for and it was a list of like 30 players, which is quite ridiculous.

Andy is online now  
Old
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
  #1027
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
I do remember hearing rumblings that New Jersey was willing to trade a 1st + a top 3 forward last year for Price. If the Habs do that and sign Niemi to an offer sheet of $2.5M for 3 years, is this doable? I don't think Chicago can match. Do we have the draft picks available? We'd have to trade Hammer with Price and get a cheap able defenseman back.

EDIT: I believe that top 3 player was Zajac. We wouldn't be able to fit him in after signing Plekanec to that contract. Maybe it's San Jose and Setoguchi.

Price + Hammer for Setoguchi + Demers + 1st? Then we sign Niemi for $2.5m for 3 years?


Last edited by Ginu: 07-29-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Ginu is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
  #1028
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 400
Kipper and Iggy for Price.

You read it here first.








also, I posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La View Post
Eklund was also pushing a rumour of Price for a superstar established goaltender. The move was also one which would see two 'tenders get a change of scenery and a chance to play 'at home'.
5 minutes before Eklund said he is indeed pushing Price for another #1...my baseless speculation of someone else's baseless speculation came true! go me!

That Habs Fan is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
  #1029
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So easy.....Chris Mason and Evander Kane for Carey Price.

Mason is Atlanta #1 goalie....Kane is one of their top 6 forward.

2.1 + 0.9 = 3 M$

Just to be sure.....
Dare to dream, dare to dream.

-------

I'll go with Brassard and Mason.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
  #1030
Markovskaya
Registered User
 
Markovskaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Every summer we dream of huge trades wich never happen.

Markovskaya is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
  #1031
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
I don't even listen to trade rumors. When have the Habs made a trade of any significance? Seriously, think about it.

Habs are very conservative

JayBee* is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
  #1032
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Playing along.

Hartnell's already in Montreal so it's gotta be Price and AK 46 to Philly for Hartnell. Habs sign Niemi.

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
  #1033
Markovskaya
Registered User
 
Markovskaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Playing along.

Hartnell's already in Montreal so it's gotta be Price and AK 46 to Philly for Hartnell. Habs sign Niemi.
Wait what ?

Markovskaya is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
  #1034
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So easy.....Chris Mason and Evander Kane for Carey Price.

Mason is Atlanta #1 goalie....Kane is one of their top 6 forward.

2.1 + 0.9 = 3 M$

Just to be sure.....
LA always comes to mind to me automatically.

Jonathan Bernier and Wayne Simmonds/or Dustin Brown?

Could go for the Quebec kid and more youth and size for the top 6.

Luongo, Broduer and other highend goalies aren't coming because of contract and because they probably have NTC, plus Broduer is in a stage Habs don't want. Luongo, I think his contract is more burden than blessing too.

Tampa doesn't have the goalie, Vokoun is one year left and salary is a no. Philly is a no because they have only#2 goalies there, Pittsburgh and Fleury no, nothing on the Island and Rangers aren't trading King Henry, Detroit doesn't have the one, San Jose either...not to many out there than the LA fit I see, and that is a long shot too.

I think EK is playing with the heart strings and emotions of the Habs fans knowing Price isn't signed yet, cause of the Halak and Price issue he is getting his hits to the site cause fans are getting to the edge of their seat wondering why it is taking so long to sign Price, plus he knows we need some top 6 help too.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
  #1035
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't even listen to trade rumors. When have the Habs made a trade of any significance? Seriously, think about it.

Habs are very conservative
This summer, the Halak trade..

Bob Gainey is conservative, I can't say the same thing about PG

But in all honesty, Price is going to be signed and be our NO1 goalie come fall. Unless Desjardins challenges for a spot and then some idiot makes a Price VS Desjardins thread

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
  #1036
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Playing along.

Hartnell's already in Montreal so it's gotta be Price and AK 46 to Philly for Hartnell. Habs sign Niemi.
He said Price alone nets a top 6 and a goalie, that doesn't work even if your playing along.

Hartnell is a bag of injuries and I see him on the decline. Habs would never trade Price in the East, especially to the Flyers unless JVR or Giroux coming the other way.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
  #1037
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He said Price alone nets a top 6 and a goalie, that doesn't work even if your playing along.

Hartnell is a bag of injuries and I see him on the decline. Habs would never trade Price in the East, especially to the Flyers unless JVR or Giroux coming the other way.
So what he says is always true? You are no fun.

Seriously, I'm just playing along.

Leino and Niemi.

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
  #1038
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
This summer, the Halak trade..

Bob Gainey is conservative, I can't say the same thing about PG
But in all honesty, Price is going to be signed and be our NO1 goalie come fall. Unless Desjardins challenges for a spot and then some idiot makes a Price VS Desjardins thread
You do realize that BG is the guy who let 10+ UFA's walk and replaced them with all new bodies to the team last year?

If that is conservative, all I have to say is wow!

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
  #1039
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,102
vCash: 500
so eklund is now 'suggesting' the habs are going to trade price - who they just anointed as a no.1 again, after dealing halak who had an insane year? why didn't goat just keep halak at 4.2 or whatever and trade price? if this were even remotely true and the habs now dealt price, he would/should be fired on the spot

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
  #1040
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Now don't get me wrong, I think this whole rumor is absurd, but let's use our Eklund to English translator:

Goalie that's been the starter since last year, but would be a surprise trade. Probably a French Canadian.

Candidates: Brodeur, Fleury, Leclaire, Luongo....

Non-French Candidates: Miller, Thomas, Lunqvist, Ward, Roloson, Niemi, Bryzgalov, Quick, Hiller, Backstrom, Mason....

Are any of these going to happen? Hell no.

However, if I were to try and twist Eklund's brain on this, I bet you he's hinting at Fleury + Top 6 (Kunitz?) for Price.

Crazy, insane, and totally made up, but I'd put some money on that being what he's hinting.


Last edited by Lucius: 07-29-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Lucius is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
  #1041
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
So what he says is always true? You are no fun.

Seriously, I'm just playing along.

Leino and Niemi.
God no, but I am trying to put into a trade context of 2 players coming from one team, not the addition of Niemi as a UFA.

Plus if Niemi is a UFA, teams like San Jose, Philly, Atlanta, Edmonton and even the Islanders will be offering money his way too as they need #1 goalies

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
  #1042
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You do realize that BG is the guy who let 10+ UFA's walk and replaced them with all new bodies to the team last year?

If that is conservative, all I have to say is wow!
That was a much needed move, it was either rebuild through draft, rebuild through free agency or hold onto the core you have that was aging.

IMO BG is much more passive than PG.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
  #1043
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Eklund is a genius. Book it.



















NOT.

Vanek20 is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:35 PM
  #1044
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He said Price alone nets a top 6 and a goalie, that doesn't work even if your playing along.

Hartnell is a bag of injuries and I see him on the decline. Habs would never trade Price in the East, especially to the Flyers unless JVR or Giroux coming the other way.
I agree

I would like a Hartnell type of a player, but we would get ***** if we trade Price to an EC rival for a declining player

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
  #1045
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Now don't get me wrong, I think this whole rumor is absurd, but let's use our Eklund to English translator:

He's been posting for some time that NJ loves Price.

He's been posting for some time that NJ would move Brodeur.

And as someone else said, he put out that rumor about a Price/Superstar swap so that someone can play at home.

So he's either talking Price for Luongo (they both play at home) + Top 6... or Price for Brodeur + Top 6.

Both of which are bat**** insane, but I'd bet anything that's what he's trying to hint at.
Who is the top 6 from Vancouver or New Jersey coming the other way?

A trade with either team makes sense only because they are both over the Cap, but the trading of Broduer won't happen as Lou will let him be a Devil for life. As for Luongo we can't possibly take on that salary and contract length, although out of the two he has more career left than Broduer.

The top 6 in NJ are; Parise, Zajac, Elias, Clarkson, Kovalchuk and Langenbreunner or Rolston. Out of all of them the only ones you may get would be Zajac or Clarkson. Elias and Rolston will be offered, but not at their age or contract would PG want them.

The top 6 in Vancouver are; Sedins x 2, Burrows, Kelser, Raymond and Samuelsson. Your not getting Luongo and a top 6 for Price, and 3 of those top 6 are untouchable for sure in Sedins and Kesler.

Those teams make sense in a cap world trade, but in a Price trade a lot more needs to be involved to acquire those players, along with salary movement leaving the Habs as well.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
  #1046
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Who is the top 6 from Vancouver or New Jersey coming the other way?

A trade with either team makes sense only because they are both over the Cap, but the trading of Broduer won't happen as Lou will let him be a Devil for life. As for Luongo we can't possibly take on that salary and contract length, although out of the two he has more career left than Broduer.

The top 6 in NJ are; Parise, Zajac, Elias, Clarkson, Kovalchuk and Langenbreunner or Rolston. Out of all of them the only ones you may get would be Zajac or Clarkson. Elias and Rolston will be offered, but not at their age or contract would PG want them.

The top 6 in Vancouver are; Sedins x 2, Burrows, Kelser, Raymond and Samuelsson. Your not getting Luongo and a top 6 for Price, and 3 of those top 6 are untouchable for sure in Sedins and Kesler.

Those teams make sense in a cap world trade, but in a Price trade a lot more needs to be involved to acquire those players, along with salary movement leaving the Habs as well.
Well, I didn't say I believed it, I just figured that's what he was trying to hint at.

That said, I edited my post. After a moments more thought, I decided Fleury is probably the most likely candidate he's talking about.

And to be clear, I am just trying to figure out who he is hinting at. I don't think for a second any real people are discussing this trade.

Lucius is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
  #1047
Film Noir
 
Film Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Verdun
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Now don't get me wrong, I think this whole rumor is absurd, but let's use our Eklund to English translator:

Goalie that's been the starter since last year, but would be a surprise trade. Probably a French Canadian.

Candidates: Brodeur, Fleury, Leclaire, Luongo....

Non-French Candidates: Miller, Thomas, Lunqvist, Ward, Roloson, Niemi, Bryzgalov, Quick, Hiller, Backstrom, Mason....

Are any of these going to happen? Hell no.

However, if I were to try and twist Eklund's brain on this, I bet you he's hinting at Fleury + Top 6 (Kunitz?) for Price.

Crazy, insane, and totally made up, but I'd put some money on that being what he's hinting.
I agree that eklund hints at Luongo + top 6 (Burrows, Samuelsson, who knows) for Price. And with Salo injured (again), maybe they need another D like Spacek or Hamrlik and that would kinda balance it a little. It almost makes sense. Almost.

Film Noir is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
  #1048
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir View Post
I agree that eklund hints at Luongo + top 6 (Burrows, Samuelsson, who knows) for Price. And with Salo injured (again), maybe they need another D like Spacek or Hamrlik and that would kinda balance it a little. It almost makes sense. Almost.
Even within the confines of Eklund craziness, I cannot imagine how Luongo + Someone Good for Price makes any sense.

Lucius is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
  #1049
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
We can't afford Luongo. Next.

JHabs is offline  
Old
07-29-2010, 01:03 PM
  #1050
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Even within the confines of Eklund craziness, I cannot imagine how Luongo + Someone Good for Price makes any sense.
It would have to involve more, more going to Vancouver and salary too.

RE-HABS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.