HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Eklund probably has some sources with certain teams, but it's painfully obvious that he has no habs sources, the **** he posts is ridiculous.

I remember just two years ago I compiled a list of players Eklund said the Canadiens were going to trade for and it was a list of like 30 players, which is quite ridiculous.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Ginu

I do remember hearing rumblings that New Jersey was willing to trade a 1st + a top 3 forward last year for Price. If the Habs do that and sign Niemi to an offer sheet of $2.5M for 3 years, is this doable? I don't think Chicago can match. Do we have the draft picks available? We'd have to trade Hammer with Price and get a cheap able defenseman back.

EDIT: I believe that top 3 player was Zajac. We wouldn't be able to fit him in after signing Plekanec to that contract. Maybe it's San Jose and Setoguchi.

Price + Hammer for Setoguchi + Demers + 1st? Then we sign Niemi for $2.5m for 3 years?

Last edited by Ginu: 07-29-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old
07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Kipper and Iggy for Price.

You read it here first.

also, I posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La View Post
Eklund was also pushing a rumour of Price for a superstar established goaltender. The move was also one which would see two 'tenders get a change of scenery and a chance to play 'at home'.
5 minutes before Eklund said he is indeed pushing Price for another #1...my baseless speculation of someone else's baseless speculation came true! go me!

Old
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So easy.....Chris Mason and Evander Kane for Carey Price.

Mason is Atlanta #1 goalie....Kane is one of their top 6 forward.

2.1 + 0.9 = 3 M$

Just to be sure.....
Dare to dream, dare to dream.

-------

I'll go with Brassard and Mason.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Markovskaya

Every summer we dream of huge trades wich never happen.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
JayBee*

I don't even listen to trade rumors. When have the Habs made a trade of any significance? Seriously, think about it.

Habs are very conservative

Old
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Playing along.

Hartnell's already in Montreal so it's gotta be Price and AK 46 to Philly for Hartnell. Habs sign Niemi.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Playing along.

Hartnell's already in Montreal so it's gotta be Price and AK 46 to Philly for Hartnell. Habs sign Niemi.
Wait what ?

Old
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So easy.....Chris Mason and Evander Kane for Carey Price.

Mason is Atlanta #1 goalie....Kane is one of their top 6 forward.

2.1 + 0.9 = 3 M$

Just to be sure.....
LA always comes to mind to me automatically.

Jonathan Bernier and Wayne Simmonds/or Dustin Brown?

Could go for the Quebec kid and more youth and size for the top 6.

Luongo, Broduer and other highend goalies aren't coming because of contract and because they probably have NTC, plus Broduer is in a stage Habs don't want. Luongo, I think his contract is more burden than blessing too.

Tampa doesn't have the goalie, Vokoun is one year left and salary is a no. Philly is a no because they have only#2 goalies there, Pittsburgh and Fleury no, nothing on the Island and Rangers aren't trading King Henry, Detroit doesn't have the one, San Jose either...not to many out there than the LA fit I see, and that is a long shot too.

I think EK is playing with the heart strings and emotions of the Habs fans knowing Price isn't signed yet, cause of the Halak and Price issue he is getting his hits to the site cause fans are getting to the edge of their seat wondering why it is taking so long to sign Price, plus he knows we need some top 6 help too.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't even listen to trade rumors. When have the Habs made a trade of any significance? Seriously, think about it.

Habs are very conservative
This summer, the Halak trade..

Bob Gainey is conservative, I can't say the same thing about PG

But in all honesty, Price is going to be signed and be our NO1 goalie come fall. Unless Desjardins challenges for a spot and then some idiot makes a Price VS Desjardins thread

Old
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Playing along.

He said Price alone nets a top 6 and a goalie, that doesn't work even if your playing along.

Hartnell is a bag of injuries and I see him on the decline. Habs would never trade Price in the East, especially to the Flyers unless JVR or Giroux coming the other way.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He said Price alone nets a top 6 and a goalie, that doesn't work even if your playing along.

Hartnell is a bag of injuries and I see him on the decline. Habs would never trade Price in the East, especially to the Flyers unless JVR or Giroux coming the other way.
So what he says is always true? You are no fun.

Seriously, I'm just playing along.

Leino and Niemi.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
This summer, the Halak trade..

Bob Gainey is conservative, I can't say the same thing about PG
But in all honesty, Price is going to be signed and be our NO1 goalie come fall. Unless Desjardins challenges for a spot and then some idiot makes a Price VS Desjardins thread
You do realize that BG is the guy who let 10+ UFA's walk and replaced them with all new bodies to the team last year?

If that is conservative, all I have to say is wow!

Old
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Hugo Sham

so eklund is now 'suggesting' the habs are going to trade price - who they just anointed as a no.1 again, after dealing halak who had an insane year? why didn't goat just keep halak at 4.2 or whatever and trade price? if this were even remotely true and the habs now dealt price, he would/should be fired on the spot

Old
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Lucius

Now don't get me wrong, I think this whole rumor is absurd, but let's use our Eklund to English translator:

Goalie that's been the starter since last year, but would be a surprise trade. Probably a French Canadian.

Candidates: Brodeur, Fleury, Leclaire, Luongo....

Non-French Candidates: Miller, Thomas, Lunqvist, Ward, Roloson, Niemi, Bryzgalov, Quick, Hiller, Backstrom, Mason....

Are any of these going to happen? Hell no.

However, if I were to try and twist Eklund's brain on this, I bet you he's hinting at Fleury + Top 6 (Kunitz?) for Price.

Crazy, insane, and totally made up, but I'd put some money on that being what he's hinting.

Last edited by Lucius: 07-29-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
So what he says is always true? You are no fun.

Seriously, I'm just playing along.

Leino and Niemi.
God no, but I am trying to put into a trade context of 2 players coming from one team, not the addition of Niemi as a UFA.

Plus if Niemi is a UFA, teams like San Jose, Philly, Atlanta, Edmonton and even the Islanders will be offering money his way too as they need #1 goalies

Old
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
You do realize that BG is the guy who let 10+ UFA's walk and replaced them with all new bodies to the team last year?

If that is conservative, all I have to say is wow!
That was a much needed move, it was either rebuild through draft, rebuild through free agency or hold onto the core you have that was aging.

IMO BG is much more passive than PG.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Eklund is a genius. Book it.

NOT.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:35 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:

I agree

I would like a Hartnell type of a player, but we would get ***** if we trade Price to an EC rival for a declining player

Old
07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Now don't get me wrong, I think this whole rumor is absurd, but let's use our Eklund to English translator:

He's been posting for some time that NJ loves Price.

He's been posting for some time that NJ would move Brodeur.

And as someone else said, he put out that rumor about a Price/Superstar swap so that someone can play at home.

So he's either talking Price for Luongo (they both play at home) + Top 6... or Price for Brodeur + Top 6.

Both of which are bat**** insane, but I'd bet anything that's what he's trying to hint at.
Who is the top 6 from Vancouver or New Jersey coming the other way?

A trade with either team makes sense only because they are both over the Cap, but the trading of Broduer won't happen as Lou will let him be a Devil for life. As for Luongo we can't possibly take on that salary and contract length, although out of the two he has more career left than Broduer.

The top 6 in NJ are; Parise, Zajac, Elias, Clarkson, Kovalchuk and Langenbreunner or Rolston. Out of all of them the only ones you may get would be Zajac or Clarkson. Elias and Rolston will be offered, but not at their age or contract would PG want them.

The top 6 in Vancouver are; Sedins x 2, Burrows, Kelser, Raymond and Samuelsson. Your not getting Luongo and a top 6 for Price, and 3 of those top 6 are untouchable for sure in Sedins and Kesler.

Those teams make sense in a cap world trade, but in a Price trade a lot more needs to be involved to acquire those players, along with salary movement leaving the Habs as well.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Who is the top 6 from Vancouver or New Jersey coming the other way?

A trade with either team makes sense only because they are both over the Cap, but the trading of Broduer won't happen as Lou will let him be a Devil for life. As for Luongo we can't possibly take on that salary and contract length, although out of the two he has more career left than Broduer.

The top 6 in NJ are; Parise, Zajac, Elias, Clarkson, Kovalchuk and Langenbreunner or Rolston. Out of all of them the only ones you may get would be Zajac or Clarkson. Elias and Rolston will be offered, but not at their age or contract would PG want them.

The top 6 in Vancouver are; Sedins x 2, Burrows, Kelser, Raymond and Samuelsson. Your not getting Luongo and a top 6 for Price, and 3 of those top 6 are untouchable for sure in Sedins and Kesler.

Those teams make sense in a cap world trade, but in a Price trade a lot more needs to be involved to acquire those players, along with salary movement leaving the Habs as well.
Well, I didn't say I believed it, I just figured that's what he was trying to hint at.

That said, I edited my post. After a moments more thought, I decided Fleury is probably the most likely candidate he's talking about.

And to be clear, I am just trying to figure out who he is hinting at. I don't think for a second any real people are discussing this trade.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Film Noir

Quote:

Goalie that's been the starter since last year, but would be a surprise trade. Probably a French Canadian.

Candidates: Brodeur, Fleury, Leclaire, Luongo....

Non-French Candidates: Miller, Thomas, Lunqvist, Ward, Roloson, Niemi, Bryzgalov, Quick, Hiller, Backstrom, Mason....

Are any of these going to happen? Hell no.

However, if I were to try and twist Eklund's brain on this, I bet you he's hinting at Fleury + Top 6 (Kunitz?) for Price.

Crazy, insane, and totally made up, but I'd put some money on that being what he's hinting.
I agree that eklund hints at Luongo + top 6 (Burrows, Samuelsson, who knows) for Price. And with Salo injured (again), maybe they need another D like Spacek or Hamrlik and that would kinda balance it a little. It almost makes sense. Almost.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir View Post
I agree that eklund hints at Luongo + top 6 (Burrows, Samuelsson, who knows) for Price. And with Salo injured (again), maybe they need another D like Spacek or Hamrlik and that would kinda balance it a little. It almost makes sense. Almost.
Even within the confines of Eklund craziness, I cannot imagine how Luongo + Someone Good for Price makes any sense.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
We can't afford Luongo. Next.

Old
07-29-2010, 01:03 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Even within the confines of Eklund craziness, I cannot imagine how Luongo + Someone Good for Price makes any sense.
It would have to involve more, more going to Vancouver and salary too.

Closed Thread