HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
It would have to involve more, more going to Vancouver and salary too.
Actually, even Fleury is too much.

I think the only rational French Canadian "starter" + Top 6 for Price trade I can come up with is Pascal Leclaire and Michalek for Price.

...but yeah, still think Eklund's just getting screwed with.

Old
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
RichardFaulk

only teams i can think of is Columbus and Los angelas.

Old
07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
This summer, the Halak trade..

Bob Gainey is conservative, I can't say the same thing about PG

But in all honesty, Price is going to be signed and be our NO1 goalie come fall. Unless Desjardins challenges for a spot and then some idiot makes a Price VS Desjardins thread
But he had to trade Halak.... just like he had to trade Sergei... I mean, when have the habs been pro-active and made a significant trade? They're very conservative and like to build within.

I'm waiting for the Price/Desjardins controversy. You know it's coming.

Old
07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
Mathieu Garon
RJ Umberger

Old
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Solak

Send a message via AIM to Solak Send a message via Yahoo to Solak
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Mathieu Garon
RJ Umberger
Garon isn't a #1 though.

Old
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
fatmax

How's Jonathan Bernier doing? I'm not saying this is the goaltender we are targeting, but, he's young, doesn't have too much values, does not cost a lot.

I think his value his less than Price's value, that way, we coul fetch an interesting top 6 forward.

But then again, I would still prefer having Price, I think, like most of us that its bogus but what the heck, summer is so slow on hockey matters, seams like it'S been more than 4 months that the habs have played their last game...

Can you imagine what type of summer the habs fan would have had if they didn't went to the semi-final? With a boring draft and and a mediocre UFA market,... arg! Thank god we had a nice playoff run!

Old
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Ginu

I really think the team is San Jose. They're looking to make a major change and I don't think they'll go into the season with Nittymaki as their #1 goalie. But I don't see a goalie coming back our way from them. The only team that I can see that happening with is Chicago but they can't take salary back that I'm sure we'd try to get rid of with Price to get a younger cheaper defenseman (like in the Rivet trade).

So what I see is:

1) Price + Hamrlik for Setoguchi + Demers + 1
2) Price + Hamrlik + AK for Setoguchi + Vlasic

The reason San Jose would be interested in Hamrlik is their veteran defenseman Blake retired this off-season.

Then I see us going after Niemi or Turco. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we've already offered Niemi a contract in case we can't sign Price.

For everyone saying they wouldn't sign Niemi and trade Price, remember it's all about asset management. If you can land a top 6 forward + a top pairing defenseman (or a high prospect projected to be there) and sign Niemi to replace him by giving up draft picks in a weak draft, you consider it. Niemi just won a Cup and took over a couple of those series by himself. I'd be as nervous with him as our #1 as Price even though I'm a Price supporter.

And for those saying we shouldn't have traded Halak if we were going to deal Price, Halak isn't worth a large contract given a stellar 6 month run. It's dangerous. I know I'd prefer Niemi + Eller + Setoguchi + Demers + Auld for Price + Halak + Hamrlik + Moore.

It makes us younger, more skillful with a somewhat lateral move (maybe a slight decrease) in goal for a major improve both at forward and defense.

Old
07-29-2010, 03:00 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I really think the team is San Jose. They're looking to make a major change and I don't think they'll go into the season with Nittymaki as their #1 goalie. But I don't see a goalie coming back our way from them. The only team that I can see that happening with is Chicago but they can't take salary back that I'm sure we'd try to get rid of with Price to get a younger cheaper defenseman (like in the Rivet trade).

So what I see is:

The reason San Jose would be interested in Hamrlik is their veteran defenseman Blake retired this off-season.

Then I see us going after Niemi or Turco. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we've already offered Niemi a contract in case we can't sign Price.

For everyone saying they wouldn't sign Niemi and trade Price, remember it's all about asset management. If you can land a top 6 forward + a top pairing defenseman (or a high prospect projected to be there) and sign Niemi to replace him by giving up draft picks in a weak draft, you consider it. Niemi just won a Cup and took over a couple of those series by himself. I'd be as nervous with him as our #1 as Price even though I'm a Price supporter.

And for those saying we shouldn't have traded Halak if we were going to deal Price, Halak isn't worth a large contract given a stellar 6 month run. It's dangerous. I know I'd prefer Niemi + Eller + Setoguchi + Demers + Auld for Price + Halak + Hamrlik + Moore.

It makes us younger, more skillful with a somewhat lateral move (maybe a slight decrease) in goal for a major improve both at forward and defense.
If we are trading our one and only Goalie that should have been our starter over Halak with great potential to San Jose I want this package.

Ak46+Price+Hamrlik for Setoguchi+Demers+Couture+Vlasic+a 1st

Old
07-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
If we are trading our one and only Goalie that should have been our starter over Halak with great potential to San Jose I want this package.

Ak46+Price+Hamrlik for Setoguchi+Demers+Couture+Vlasic+a 1st
You're not going to get Setoguchi, Demers, Couture and Vlasic and a 1st lol remember, Hamrlik and AK46 are dumps from us... if we get Demers alone to replace Hamrlik and AK46 drops to the 3rd line to play with Eller, that's a pretty good top 9... i'd rather keep AK46 in that situation because he is a top 10 pick and the third line would be great for him in that situation

Old
07-29-2010, 03:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

I'd lawl if this involved us getting huet.

Old
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
You're not going to get Setoguchi, Demers, Couture and Vlasic and a 1st lol remember, Hamrlik and AK46 are dumps from us... if we get Demers alone to replace Hamrlik and AK46 drops to the 3rd line to play with Eller, that's a pretty good top 9... i'd rather keep AK46 in that situation because he is a top 10 pick and the third line would be great for him in that situation
I'm just trying to Emphasize that us giving up Price would require al ot more than this mythical "starter goalie" god knows what age, and a top 6. Gauthier didn't keep Price just to trade him for a toss in top 6 and another goalie whom we probably can't afford.

Old
07-29-2010, 03:21 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:

So what I see is:

nonesense for SJ. If I go with that logic, SJ would be better of signing Niemi and keeping all their youngsers... Seriously guys, Price ain't going anywhere lol

Old
07-29-2010, 04:38 PM
prairie hab

More ******** from Ek.

Enough said.

Old
07-29-2010, 05:08 PM
sampollock

1. eck is a blogger

2. mtl would never trade price to a east team

3. mtl will sigh price, and eck will comment how the deal fell through, and the smoke is still there, yadda yadda yadda

Old
07-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
We should definitely ban the use of vestiaire.ca from this board. El Cloun et DT and those clowns are a public nuisance that get off from making people believe they know anything and make Eklund look like freaking Nostradamus.
Let me guess... it's because they're so bogus that you're reading and posting in this thread, right? Otherwise, you wouldn't be here, correct?

People need to stop pretending that they're above all and take what they want out of the information out there. Don't want to believe it? Fine, stay away. Wanna believe it? Fine as well and give your comments! Is it that complicated? Really?

Old
07-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
We should definitely ban the use of vestiaire.ca from this board. El Cloun et DT and those clowns are a public nuisance that get off from making people believe they know anything and make Eklund look like freaking Nostradamus.
FWIW, I think links to that site contravene Site Rule #5 anyway, so if I see them, I'd be cutting them out...

Old
07-29-2010, 06:30 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Funny thing about "DT" is that it started off just as me, sending them BS I just made up pretending to be connected.

The funny part is that I stopped doing that like 6 months ago, and they are still somehow posting rumours by "DT"

waffledave
Old
07-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Price for Leighton and Carter.

That would be funny seeing Leighton coming in as our top goalie seeing as he was not good enough for us, not too long ago.

Old
07-29-2010, 09:38 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
Those are the teams I was thinking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
How's Jonathan Bernier doing? I'm not saying this is the goaltender we are targeting, but, he's young, doesn't have too much values, does not cost a lot.

I think his value his less than Price's value, that way, we coul fetch an interesting top 6 forward.

But then again, I would still prefer having Price, I think, like most of us that its bogus but what the heck, summer is so slow on hockey matters, seams like it'S been more than 4 months that the habs have played their last game...

Can you imagine what type of summer the habs fan would have had if they didn't went to the semi-final? With a boring draft and and a mediocre UFA market,... arg! Thank god we had a nice playoff run!
I was thinking out of all of the teams in the NHL that would be able to do a deal it would be LA or Columbus.

LA wants to win soon, if not now. Price in that "no pressure" market with that young team may flourish. The Habs may also like to get the young French goalie in Jonathan Bernier, he is NHL ready, but would he be an ideal goalie with Auld?

If Habs were to go LA bound I hope that top 6 guy is Simmonds or Brown.

In Columbus. Mason and Price in a trade makes sense. Two young good goalies who had off years and may succeed in a new venue. Price once again would be in a "no pressure" city. Mason to me is a goalie who may flourish in a pressure city like Montreal. It makes sense in a way. Maybe the top 6 guy could be Quebecer Derick Brassard?

Those make a little sense, the whole rumour doesn't, but if I was to peg teams and players I am focusing on those two.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Habs514

What if its Chicago and Niemi? If he gets 3mil on arbitration tomorrow Chicago may move him for another young goalie.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
What if its Chicago and Niemi? If he gets 3mil on arbitration tomorrow Chicago may move him for another young goalie.
Habs don't even want to pay Price this much.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
I could see a Price/Niemi trade making sense for both sides, assuming Chicago is willing to throw in a top prospect to make it work. I think Price's attitude and style will fit much better in Chicago than it ever will in Montreal. Sr. Bowman seems to really believe in the kid so that has to help if there are any trade talks between the two sides.

If Niemi is going to cost Chicago too much coin it could be one of their better options if Montreal is interested.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:45 PM
pine

vCash: 50
I don't think Niemi gets traded. Either the Hawks sign him at the arbitrator's price or he becomes UFA.

Old
07-30-2010, 02:57 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I could see a Price/Niemi trade making sense for both sides, assuming Chicago is willing to throw in a top prospect to make it work. I think Price's attitude and style will fit much better in Chicago than it ever will in Montreal. Sr. Bowman seems to really believe in the kid so that has to help if there are any trade talks between the two sides.

If Niemi is going to cost Chicago too much coin it could be one of their better options if Montreal is interested.
Niemi would be quite mentally destroyed after not even 1/4 of the season as MTL starter.. People underrate Price its unbelievable.. Chicago would be too strong for the league with Price in the net.

Old
07-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Woah, didn't notice it was over 1,000 posts.... continued in...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=804639

Closed Thread