HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mario Tremblay joins RDS,replacing Demers

Old
07-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Did they even consider Danny Dube?

I'd also (maybe) take Guy Carbo before Mario $#%&*$% Tremblay.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 07-30-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 12:42 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

my fav hab coach ever. he weeded out dead weight that was only holding us back from winning more cups!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 01:09 AM
mtl_felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

Dube already works for both CKAC and Radio-Canada and recently signed a new deal with CKAC.

I dont think you'll see him on RDS for a while, lol.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 01:36 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Yea but if Roy is still on the team and you make ALL of the above mistakes, you still have a chance at a cup.
I'm sorry, but no. You really think we could have won the Cup with a team made of Patrick Traverse(s) and with Brian Savage as our top winger, only because Roy is in the net??? Definitely not. Roy was a good goalie, but he always went far in the playoffs with a very good team in front of him.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I know someone hired Tremblay. I know Réjean Houle did an awful job. I know Roy was being a little *****. Still, it was Tremblay who deliberatly choose to humiliate Roy to "pass a message"... And there was, as you stated, a build up to all this, which means it's even clearer that ultimatly, it was Tremblay's fault.
I just think Tremblay innexperienced. And Houle made the bad trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

They were looking for someone more colorful than Carbo.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 03:45 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

but carbo is such an extrovert!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 07:42 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
You fail to mention how the YES network is owned by the Yankees (Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network) so they do have a say in who they hire because they own the station. RDS is owned by CTV Globemedia and not by the Habs so no the Habs do not have a say in who RDS hires.
Listen, look, read, etc : They are "partners" and are "affiliated". The fact that RDS would hire Tremblay is a reflection of the Canadiens organization. Patrick ****ing Roy use to play for the Canadiens. He was a cup winner in 1993 and in 1995, the same year we lost him. The habs have been KA KA ever since. So let's hire the **** - ing coach that was the reason for his departure (Ya, I know, he didn't hire himself , not his fault he was dumb etc. etc.).

At least if we are to hire Tremblay it should be when the team is a legitimate contender, top of the league. Until then the scars are still open and bringing Tremblay is putting vinegar on it all.

You will see how it's going to feel if the Habs struggle next season and we are looking at Tremblay's face every night. Maybe the kids born in the mid late 90's won't care, but I sure will... and specifically my generation will - the ones that are too young to remember Tremblay's playing years but old enough to remember his coaching years.

If the Habs organization carried itself with the same level of professionalism and esteem as the Yankees than jokes like Brunet and Tremblay would never exist because RDS would never get away with that and the fan base would know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And yet....that's all I wanted to say. They ALL were the driving force behind it. Not solely him despite you calling him THE driving force....Pretty sure I discredited Tremblay in my posts by calling him stupid. If you are not bright enough to know who your key players are and who on your team has to be treated in a different way but mostly that you have to respect your players, well being stupid DOES NOT constitute a defense for the guy....But was just trying to demonstrate he alone didn't play the only and key role in all that fiasco. And seems that finally you are saying the same thing I said.

That's it. That's all.
But he was the THE driving force. You can have other drivers and still be THE driving force. Roy's departure was a direct result of Tremblay's stupidity. Tremblay's hiring was a direct result of Corey's and Houle's stupidity. All our responsible, but if we want to single out the one event, it all falls on the hands of RDS's new analyst.

I'd love if Tremblay were to give an interview one day and apologize to us fans. Perhaps he should do this during the 1st period of the 1st game this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well we had the guy that helped us win the cup for a while on RDS and he was a bumbling boffoon. All it matters is if you're good on tv.
I love Demers. He was the coach behind our last stanley cup. I'm willing to accept his speech impediments or what have you.

When I see Demers I feel pride. When I see Tremblay I feel disgust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Yea but if Roy is still on the team and you make ALL of the above mistakes, you still have a chance at a cup.
+1

Although we can never prove this, we certainly could say that the AVS do not win in 1995. Having our superstar 2 cup winner franchise goalie leave and win a cup the same year for the new team is the biggest slap in the face a fan can ever have.

But, oh, "I'm living in the past" , we should all kiss the ground that this Tremblay walks on!!!!!!

Hab fans are becoming FRIGHTENINGLY pathetic. Maybe we should blame the Molson girls? Or Youppi? The "Brunet Effect"?

Last edited by coolasprICE: 07-30-2010 at 07:51 AM.
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Maverik

At this point, I am pretty sure Coolasprice is playing a game with us... otherwise, it can't be sane to hold such a grudge for so long... he's bound to light him on fire ala Lance et Compte last season with Loulou...

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Jigger77

He's a good choice imo.

I share the thoughts of those who hate the guy because of Roy. It's something I don't even like thinking about but...

You can't hold onto grudges forever and the guy is bleu-blanc-rouge throughout. He'll be exciting to listen to also. He can get you pumped that's for sure.

Overall good choice imo.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
He's a good choice imo.

I share the thoughts of those who hate the guy because of Roy. It's something I don't even like thinking about but...

You can't hold onto grudges forever and the guy is bleu-blanc-rouge throughout. He'll be exciting to listen to also. He can get you pumped that's for sure.

Overall good choice imo.
"Can't hold onto grudges forever" is the type of thing you hear in marriage counselling, or the type of thing one tells his best friend after you pork his gf for 6 months without him knowing.

This is a "sport fan grudge". I go by the doctrine of never forgiving. I'm a Yankee fan that way. Of course, if we are winning cups , or legitimately contending for one, and the organization has finally turned the page from the Houle / Tremblay era , than I'd be more susceptible to laughing it off and turning the page as well.

I understand what Tremblay can bring as an analyst, I understand the kind of player he was, but Patrick Roy is what I grew up on, especially 1993. Maybe if Tremblay went on air and apologized and took responsibility and cried for forgiveness I would feel better about all this.

Old
07-30-2010, 09:10 AM
deandebean

You guys need to chill. He's on tv. He'll do some color commentary. He's entitled to work in Montreal as a media guy, like he used to. He's got experience, has lived through many coaching experience now, is media savyy, and didn't kill anybody. At least, not to my knowledge.

so you guys want to bash RDS for hiring a guy who made a mistake (a hockey related mistake 15 years ago), but forgive TSN for hiring a known and convicted killer in MacTavish?

Mario Tremblay is a GREAT guy at the mike. I remember his last years, he was pretty solid. Much better than Demers or any other ex-coaches they have there. So what, RDS is a coaching cemetary. You need to understand that Mario isn't 40 years old. He probably decided that it was the end of the road for him. He must be close to 60, and feels that he wants to live a normal life again. Heck, he will get 2 pay checks, one from the Devils and one from RDS. I'd do it.

This forum is turning into a joke.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

ohh man, relax buddy

Its been 14 years. everyone involved has forgiven and forgotten. Once they raised Roy to the rafters it was water under the bridge. They traded Carbo after he gave the finger on the golf course; were the habs disrespectful to the fan base for bringing him back?
Every organization makes mistakes, and the trading of Roy was a organizational blunder that can be put on the heads of many people including Roy himself. He was looking to move on anyways, the Tremblay hiring was just the icing.

Anyways point is, he is analyzing games not coaching them. And even if he was, people are allowed to grow and mature and learn. If Roy would have stayed, he does not win 2 more cups and isnt in the debates for best goalie of all time. If you were ever a fan of Roy, this was the best possible outcome for his career.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:19 AM
BoNeS42

This should be fun but I would've prefered to see him as the color commentator.

For those holding grudge, get over it already. Unless you ****ing know the entire behind the scene story. Coolasprice, I wouldn't be surprised if you're mad because we traded Ribeiro.

Roy was about to be traded, and I'm sorry, when you go to work and you LOVE your job, does one mistake make you go see your boss and tell him to go **** himself for the next few years? Yes? I know a good psychologist if you want.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:25 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
If Roy would have stayed, he does not win 2 more cups and isnt in the debates for best goalie of all time. If you were ever a fan of Roy, this was the best possible outcome for his career.
Are you serious dude?

# 1 - Patrick Roy would still have been in the debate for best goalie.
# 2 - If the Organization catered to their franchise superstar player a bit, perhaps they would of followed the path to success that Roy perpetually seems to be-on. Roy went to a winning team because Roy wants success. We should have worried more about how to bring the right pieces together for Roy rather than how to build a winner without Roy.

# 3 - Fan of Roy? No, I'm a fan of the CANADIENS. Roy was a HAB. It's as if the Pens trade Crosby and Crosby wins a cup for the new team. Pens fan will be "happy for Crosby" or will they have "hate" for management? This is the type of mentality that loser Leafs fans have adopted because they have no choice but to accept Loserdome in their lives

Old
07-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Are you serious dude?

# 1 - Patrick Roy would still have been in the debate for best goalie.
# 2 - If the Organization catered to their franchise superstar player a bit, perhaps they would of followed the path to success that Roy perpetually seems to be-on. Roy went to a winning team because Roy wants success. We should have worried more about how to bring the right pieces together for Roy rather than how to build a winner without Roy.

# 3 - Fan of Roy? No, I'm a fan of the CANADIENS. Roy was a HAB. It's as if the Pens trade Crosby and Crosby wins a cup for the new team. Pens fan will be "happy for Crosby" or will they have "hate" for management? This is the type of mentality that loser Leafs fans have adopted because they have no choice but to accept Loserdome in their lives

look man, there is no point in debating with someone who does not want to. You do NOT know that for sure that Roy would have put up great numbers while in Montreal. They were in a downward slope and no hope in sights. He went to a stanley cup winning team and one that contended every year he was there.

Why should teams cater to their players, i dont get this point at all. Roy won the cup alone in 93, so they didnt cater to him, and in 86 he inherited a team with like 6 HOF`s on it. So maybe he was as lucky as he was stranded at times.

Did the Bruins cater to Bourque? Did the Panthers cater to Luongo? Do the Sabres cater to Miller? Its all relative. Superstar players are only as good as the players in front of them. And after 93 due to some bad drafting and bad trades the team was stuck and going nowhere fast.

And it is possible to be a fan of a team and fan of an ex-player of the team. Both do exist. Do you think Bruins fans HATE Bourque for going to the Avs cause he wanted to win? Do you think they hate the management for doing that? Theyre are so many examples in sports its insane. I dont know how it relates to accepting mediocrity at all. Nobody accepts that and nobody wants it. If Crosby wins 2 cups with the Pens, one by himself, after 10 years with his team and wants to move on because the team is on the verge of rebuild/downfall, they should be somewhat bitter, but in the end, should be greatful because he gave them a chance to win everynight. Same thing for Roy. I was so angry when they traded him, but 14 years later, when you can look on that moment with perspective, you are greatful for a talent like him, and he gave us unforgetable moments.

Its a buisness, players will move on, managment will change, teams will suck, teams will be great, its the eb and flow of an organization. Just because you disagree with your team`s moves does not mean that you dont care or that you dont mind to lose.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 10:40 AM
wikiwa

The return of the "bleuet d'or" and the "bleuet flétri" after the games!! That was when Tremblay was choosing the best and the worst player of the game.

wikiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Mario will be at CKAC too.

http://www.ckac.com/divers/nouvelles...bre-24911.html

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Megaforce

Dryden's memoirs of the 1970s Habs imply that the guy was an idiot. According to Dryden's autobiographical The Game, Tremblay caused discord in the clubhouse by arguing against Canadian unity. I never liked the guy. Gotta find that mute button now.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 10:56 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Dryden's memoirs of the 1970s Habs imply that the guy was an idiot. According to Dryden's autobiographical The Game, Tremblay caused discord in the clubhouse by arguing against Canadian unity. I never liked the guy. Gotta find that mute button now.
Doesn't surprise me , just look at the man's eyes ... his eyes reveal the truth and the man Dryden writes about!

Old
07-30-2010, 11:12 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
Woah, are they cutting on Lajoie's air time? Woohooo! And Mario Langlois will be back as a permanent employee of the station. Full circle.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 11:14 AM
ReVeuF

Not sure if it was mentioned but Tremblay will work at CKAC as well as RDS, maybe Anti-Chambre as well sometimes.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Lafleur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned but Tremblay will work at CKAC as well as RDS, maybe Anti-Chambre as well sometimes.
looks like everybody complain about RDS without watching RDS, Tremblay will only do the Saturday games and will be on l'Amti-Chambre as well.

http://www.rds.ca/zv2/

Lafleur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
icerocket

But I get the impression that the producers at RDS have been watching a little too much CBC with Mike Millbury and Don Cherry.

"Merde nous aussi on veut avoir un gros cave!"

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Max Levine

The choice of Mario Tremblay as head coach was ridiculous and I remember that Patrick Roy, when asked about it a few weeks earlier, laughed at that possibility. So when Tremblay actually got the job, you knew something was going to happen. On the other hand, Serge Savard admitted that he was on the verge of trading Patrick Roy for Owen Nolan and Steve Fiset when he was fired and replaced by Rejean Houle.

At any rate, I think Tremblay is entertaining and should do a good job.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
But he was the THE driving force. You can have other drivers and still be THE driving force. Roy's departure was a direct result of Tremblay's stupidity. Tremblay's hiring was a direct result of Corey's and Houle's stupidity. All our responsible, but if we want to single out the one event, it all falls on the hands of RDS's new analyst.
Okay so let's single out THAT event. So leaving a guy too long in the net to teach him something, something that happened during 1 game when reports were that everything was fine before, is enough to get the best goalie of all time on his way out? You CAN'T take that event only to explain how it was enough to send Roy packing. Either it was false and there were other incidents. Either Roy was looking for a way to be going. Either Houle dealt with this the most stupid way. Either Corey hired the worst of guys in their entirety, not only Houle, but the rest of them.

Again, no he wasn't THE driving force. The driving force of an organization is the owner/president/GM and coaches. In that order. If the owner leaves the hockey part to the pres, well it does become the pres. And so on. Geez, in a town when the coach is fired every 3 years, if they happen to be the driving force, no wonder why we've been lacking leadership all this time.

I've seen athletes going hard against their coach and yet you never saw them asking to be traded. We've seen way worst in any other sports. Anyway, seems we'd be going at it again and again. By no means was I a Tremblay fan as a coach. As a player surely, been a long time since we haven't had in our lineup a guy like that, or a lineup like the ones he was a part on, and I'm not even talking about talentwise. But grit, dedication and a hard ass team to play against. But that doesn't mean he wasn't a big part in one of the most awful decision of all time.

As far as another point you want to point about RDS and the Habs how they're related and so on...well of course they are. Then, you hear Therrien, Flynn, Bergeron, Chantelois, François "Les Sénateurs sont-tu bons" Gagnon and the rest, and sorry I don't see that great of connection. And then you have CKAC who also carries the Habs game and where Villeneuve, Bergeron, Lajoie, Thériault and the rest keep spouting their venom towards the team. CLEARLY, the Habs aren't giving them any indiciation on how to run their business. Everybody needs each other though. And by their silence policy, it seems that the Habs drives just as much with the negative than the positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I happen to have a copy of this book. Could you refresh my memory and tell me where he implied that? Or are you talking about the fight he had with one of the Mahovlich 'cause that guy was anti-franco? From Dryden himself by the way.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote