HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moore 2yrs in Tampa

Old
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Sam Pollock is considered by many the best GM in NHL history.
Yes I was indeed exagerating ...

but man, would they do better than the habs this year gauthier would have to stop acting like he's on top of things.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Pleky Roks

There was absolutely no reason why the Habs should have let Moore go, especially since he signed for $1.1 a season. He would have been worth at least that to provide depth and some speed to the bottom 6.

We traded a 2nd round pick for Moore last year and then let him walk....the Habs should either keep the draft picks or keep Moore since we lost a decent pick for him.

Gaulthier dropped the ball again on this one!!! IMO

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Yes I was indeed exagerating ...

but man, would they do better than the habs this year gauthier would have to stop acting like he's on top of things.
Well, he seems to. Not signing Moore isn't my definition of "not being on top of things", especially since replacement were already hired weeks ago.

It's not because you're screaming bloody murder than everybody will agree with you.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
maxwell ? Desharnais ? ... bottom 6 ? let's try steve begin on a scoring line.
Not saying it's ideal, but it could happen. *Certainly* would be in a bottom 6 role, as they'll do their best to give Eller a battle for the job we have him penciled into on the third line.

Now they wouldn't be great fourth liners, no doubt, which Moore could have been. But as I said, even before Boyd, we had guys like Pyatt, Lapierre, and White who could have filled that role.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
He's a guy I would have kept at that price, especially as an insurance policy in case Eller is not ready yet. He is a good signing by Tampa IMO, no more, no less.

What does their lineup look so far? Their top-5 is excellent, I guess Downie will complete the top-6, but what do their bottom 6 look? From looking at NHL numbers, it is still weak. Their goaltending is not stellar but solid nonetheless and their defense lacks a clear cut #1 guy, something Hedman could/should become... This team will be good, but still lacks at a few positions.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 233
LOL, this is getting hilarious.

Best of luck to Moore in Tampa though. He was good in his short time here. Great price BTW.

07-30-2010, 04:11 PM
AntonCH

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
One would've figured that Yzerman would've poached form the wings.
imo, it goes to say a lot about our organization that he's looking this way to fill his ranks in both on and off ice personnel.
As for Moore, it's a numbers game, when do you get to give the kids a chance to play if you keep bringing back the vets.
no one knows for sure if he wasn't asking the Habs for 2 million and then settled for 1.1 with the lightning

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Habitants

wow i wish he would have stayed here at that price! good deal for Yzerman, he is making some solid moves. stealing a lot of things from the habs. if it shows anything is that habs had some good pieces last yr, good enough to attract other teams attention. now i hope that the habs can continue to do well with the new pieces they have in place.

just watch next signing is metropolit, then MAB then Begin! lmao!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Next move : Offer sheet to Price.

But seriously, great pick-up for Tampa. That team is getting better and better with each move.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:34 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Yzerman is turning PG into his little *****!
Yeah seriously !

Not bad so far for a rookie GM , but we will see the results when the season starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Next move : Offer sheet to Price.

But seriously, great pick-up for Tampa. That team is getting better and better with each move.
If this happen I will LOL hard but it will be a evil one...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Mike8

It's been close to a month, and this is what Moore gets. No surprise: my belief was the maximum that should be paid to Moore was $1.5m. Many on this forum were prepared to offer $2 - 2.5m. Please, people, take notice of what bottom-6 forwards should be paid.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Yzerman really want us to switch teams. I have a man-crush on Moore.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
ludger

Quote:
ah ben tabernak ...

funny how eller and boyd are thought to be already ahead of him ... moore still has a couple of years ahead of him ... very good move by Yzerman. Pierre gauthier has an old familiar smell of fail ... surely habs gm material.

Yzerman has already outperformed every Gm our team had in 100 years, great!
Your kidding right or maybe you have only followed nhl hockey for the past decade or less Geez

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:56 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Kinda bummed out about this to be honest... I would've loved to have him back with the Habs.

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:01 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I'm abit upset we didn't resign him for 1.1, but then again we have guys like White, Conboy, Maxwell, Eller, Boyd, etc... So its not like there was much room for him.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Tampa gets a pretty high quality third line center, excellent move, this team is going back in the right direction no doubt, they will probably finish first in their division..

Still, management probably have alot of faith in Eller to center the third line cause thats the only logic reason I see Moore isnt back... If ever Eller isnt in reality as ready as most people around here think he is, we are in trouble.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:19 PM
LouisJCloutier

Good for him. He's a decent player. I'll remember his goal against Washington for a long-time.

But now i'm really gotta hate Tampa Bay. I can already see people at RDS cheering for them.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:28 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
1.1M and 1.2M for two year...from what is reported...If this is accurate, I wonder why we did not sign him ourselves?
Having the chance to get to the beach after every game doing the party, no snow for 6 month, and playing with players like Vinny,StLouis and Stamkos. No brainer for me.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Harry Wong

Didn't think he was worth a 2nd pick when he was picked and nothing happened in the playoffs to make me change my mind. The fact that we didn't try to sign him for depth or knew when we taded for him that he was just a rental makes the deal even more of an overpayment.

Harry Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:57 PM
GoodKiwi

He won't be missed.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
...As for Moore, it's a numbers game, when do you get to give the kids a chance to play if you keep bringing back the vets.
no one knows for sure if he wasn't asking the Habs for 2 million and then settled for 1.1 with the lightning
Pierre should have packaged Plekanec at the trade deadline w/ ? (Hamrlik, Spacek, AKostitsyn, prospects, choices) and get a big top six (left) winger, resigned Moore and play him on 2nd line duty. He is definitely not as good as Plekanec, but the top 6 winger would have been an upgrade over Kostitsyn/Pouliot. Plus, if Eller is as good a playmaker as he's supposed to be, 2nd line center would have been an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
... Still, management probably have alot of faith in Eller to center the third line cause thats the only logic reason I see Moore isnt back... If ever Eller isnt in reality as ready as most people around here think he is, we are in trouble.
Are we? Lapierre played 3rd line center quite a lot. I find him better on the right wing, but he can play center if needed. I'm sure we can set up a 3rd and 4th line with Pyatt, Boyd, Darche, White, Moen, or one of those " kids [that need] a chance to play"

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
Moore was good for us in playoffs but I dont think we will miss him with Eller stepping in.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:34 PM
rocketlives

A second round pick was too big a price to pay for a 3rd-line center rental. I thought Gauthier intended to sign Moore but if $1.1M is too expensive, I guess we had no intention of keeping him in the first place.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
A second round pick was too big a price to pay for a 3rd-line center rental. I thought Gauthier intended to sign Moore but if $1.1M is too expensive, I guess we had no intention of keeping him in the first place.
Maybe Moore getting greedy pissed-off PG. Who knows what he was asking in June and July 1st. Maybe he was asking for something close to 2-3 mil per, and the Habs told him they wanted him back but not at a high price. Moore had a choice then, accept the low salary or go see elsewhere if you can find your 2-3 mil per. He didn't find his big contract. His story seems similar to Marty Biron last summer.

Do you really think that after hitting zilch on the market for his big contract, he'd go back to the Habs and say "ok, so now I'll take less money!".

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Habs

His physical attributes, goal scoring and toughness will be missed. Oh wait, nevermind ...

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote