HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

... continued from ...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=733249

Reminder:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs
The majority have spoken, so this thread has been designated to hold all Eklund rumours.

If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted. We are not going to merge a bunch of threads into this one.

We are also going to keep this thread as a non-sticky for now. If it becomes a hassle, we will change it in the future.

Here are some guidelines.

1. Check to see if the rumour has already been posted in this thread. This will help cut down on rumours being posted several different times.
2. Do not quote the whole rumour.
3. Provide a link.

If you don't like Eklund, ignore this thread or stay out of it. Any negative comments towards Eklund will result in you receiving a warning or infraction.

Old
07-30-2010, 09:34 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

How about...

To MTL:
Bernier + Stoll

To LAK:
Price + ** mid pick or prospect (Maxwell) }

Which would give us:

Eller - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - AK
Pouliot - Stoll - Boyd
Moen - Pyatt - Lapierre
Darche - White

Stoll is a RH center that plays physical.

Still, is Bernier ready for the big show? Are that confident in Auld?

Old
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM
TomPlex

Not sure if serious...

Old
07-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Trembz420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
How about...

To MTL:
Bernier + Stoll

To LAK:

Which would give us:

Eller - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Stoll - Boyd
Moen - Pyatt - Lapierre
Darche - White

Where does it say anything about that?

Old
07-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
How about...

To MTL:
Bernier + Stoll

To LAK:

Which would give us:

Eller - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Stoll - Boyd
Moen - Pyatt - Lapierre
Darche - White

I like it.

Then they can call me up if they need a goalie. I'll give it a shout. I usually play forward in my beer league but I've filled in between the pipes 2-3 times.

Old
07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
sampollock

can't see price getting traded,

mtl is hoping the young guys step up,

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 07-30-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old
07-30-2010, 10:04 AM
RE-HABS

I could see a Price/Niemi trade making sense for both sides, assuming Chicago is willing to throw in a top prospect to make it work. I think Price's attitude and style will fit much better in Chicago than it ever will in Montreal. Sr. Bowman seems to really believe in the kid so that has to help if there are any trade talks between the two sides.

If Niemi is going to cost Chicago too much coin it could be one of their better options if Montreal is interested.

Niemi is an ugly goalie, poor rebound control and not technically sound. He is big, that is it.

At least Price is big, young and skilled.

No thanks to Niemi.

Old
07-30-2010, 10:06 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

For 1 of the few times, I sure hope none of these trade rumors involving Price are true... I wanna keep him badly in Montreal...This guy is gonna give us great hockey for years to come.

Old
07-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I would take Niemi . And i am sure that Price is a good goalie its just that he hasnt proven that he can handle the pressure of playing in MTL . But then again if he can handle the pressure of being number 1 in Montreal and perform he will be a much better goalie then Niemi . Because the only reason he was good is because of his great defense .

Old
07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
sampollock

price will stay, has too my son has a lettered jersey i bought him 2 years ago, and i don't want to change the name etc.......... sigh

and also , ch wants the price is right to carry the load, and be the stud he will be

Old
07-30-2010, 11:16 AM
habs1967

price gonna get dealt

eklund's up to no good again.reading his blog he says price gonna get dealt for another goalie and a top 6 forward..why does this guy report crap like this..he's basing his opinion on price not being signed yet..what a joke this guy is.

what do my fellow hab fans think of this............

Old
07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Eklund for Niemi? really? you guys are buying this bs? The only way Price is leaving is if we get a top goalie back, and a top prospect back. No way this happens. And if its not a top prospect then its a top 6 forward capable of 70-80 points.

Old
07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I could see a Price/Niemi trade making sense for both sides, assuming Chicago is willing to throw in a top prospect to make it work. I think Price's attitude and style will fit much better in Chicago than it ever will in Montreal. Sr. Bowman seems to really believe in the kid so that has to help if there are any trade talks between the two sides.

If Niemi is going to cost Chicago too much coin it could be one of their better options if Montreal is interested.

Niemi is an ugly goalie, poor rebound control and not technically sound. He is big, that is it.

At least Price is big, young and skilled.

No thanks to Niemi.
Completely agree. Niemi is a rebound machine and has less upside than Price imo. I don't care for the opinion that he got the Hawks to the Cup, Leighton got the Flyers to the finals too but noone thinks he's the 2nd coming. Really good teams don't need lights out goaltending to win. Add to that, he'll also be more expensive and you start to wonder why on earth this deal makes any sense!?

Old
07-30-2010, 12:51 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Matts Sundin to Montreal e5

I believe a deal could get done between Montreal and another team but I don't think the deal would includ price. I do beleive the reason we didnt announced Price's signature yet is because he's the last 1 to get signed in our RFA and that Gauthier wants to keep room in case a deal or a signature happens to then sign Price depending on how much money I have left. Something in the lines of either a 3-4 year deal at 3-3.2M/per or a 1-2 year deal at 2.5/per depending on the cap space left. If I was in Gauthiers place thats how I'd manage that. Price is not going anywhere, he's not on arbitration nor a UFA and we're still in July(well for 2 days at least hehe)

The other thing that makes me believe won't go anywhere is past 2 years we had the Halak/Price debate. You traded away 1 of them. Logic is you keep the other 1.

Many RFAs are not signed yet. It's a total normal situation. Y rush a contract signing when you know that at the end of the day something will come to agreement between both parties.

Old
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I wouldn't want Niemi. He'll be the next Huet or Thomas.

Old
07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Completely agree. Niemi is a rebound machine and has less upside than Price imo. I don't care for the opinion that he got the Hawks to the Cup, Leighton got the Flyers to the finals too but noone thinks he's the 2nd coming. Really good teams don't need lights out goaltending to win. Add to that, he'll also be more expensive and you start to wonder why on earth this deal makes any sense!?
Everyone who has been discussing a trade involving Price has wanted both a goalie and a top prospect coming back the other way.

I wouldn't trade Price straight up for any of the goalies mentioned but if the other side is willing to throw in something decent, I'm willing to consider it. Even Eklund is claiming the rumours he's been hearing have us getting both a goalie and a top 6 forward.

Old
07-30-2010, 01:46 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Chicago and Philly didnt make the Finals because of their goalies, but because of their depth and size

Which explains why goalies don't have much trade value nowadays

Old
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I concur.. I also think we overrate Price a lot though. He really hasn't done ANYTHING yet.. and for all you Halak fans out there.. neither has he.
Yeah Halak didnt do jack**** against Washington and Pittsburgh

Old
07-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Smoke Monster

*Revised*:To add to the speculation and rumors about the possibility of trading Carey Price, how does this trade sound for both teams?

to Los Angeles Kings: Carey Price(3.5m?), Andrei Kostitsyn(3.25m), Roman Hamrlik(5.5m), Max Pacioretty(.875m) ~ 13.125m
to Montreal Canadiens: Jonathan Bernier(.843m), Jack Johnson(1.425m), Wayne Simmonds(.822m), Ryan Smyth(6.25m) ~9.34m

Last edited by Smoke Monster: 07-31-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old
07-30-2010, 06:14 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
To add to the speculation and rumors about the possibility of trading Carey Price, how does this trade sound for both teams?
to Los Angeles: Carey Price(3.5m?), Andrei Kostitsyn(3.25m), Max Pacioretty(.875m) ~ 7.625m
to Montreal: Jonathan Quick(1.8m), Jack Johnson(1.425m), Dustin Brown(3.175m) ~6.4m
I'd seriously consider it.

Old
07-30-2010, 06:16 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I'd seriously consider it.
Obviously, but LA wouldn't.

Old
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Obviously, but LA wouldn't.
Oh no doubt lol I mean that deal would be pretty epic, A 1st line winger, potential top pairing Dman, and a starting 1B goalie I'd say for A franchise Goalie, a streaky 30 goal russian, and a prospect. I'd be shocked if that ever happened. LA would be stupid to offer that up. Especially when they have Bernier already.

Old
07-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
To add to the speculation and rumors about the possibility of trading Carey Price, how does this trade sound for both teams?
to Los Angeles: Carey Price(3.5m?), Andrei Kostitsyn(3.25m), Max Pacioretty(.875m) ~ 7.625m
to Montreal: Jonathan Quick(1.8m), Jack Johnson(1.425m), Dustin Brown(3.175m) ~6.4m
Montreal would make that deal so fast, no doubt but... LA just sits there with their face... inside their palm. They get fleeced, and badly too.

Old
07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

From what I read from Bowman, he doesn't seem intent on trading Niemi in those 48 hours.

Anyway, if he ever wanted to take a lick at getting Price and including Niemi in a trade, I'd tell him it's Pleks for Toews added or he can go talk to some other team. And I don't think that Bowman in his right mind would ever do that trade. Anything else, I wouldn't be interested.

Old
07-30-2010, 07:40 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
From what I read from Bowman, he doesn't seem intent on trading Niemi in those 48 hours.

Anyway, if he ever wanted to take a lick at getting Price and including Niemi in a trade, I'd tell him it's Pleks for Toews added or he can go talk to some other team. And I don't think that Bowman in his right mind would ever do that trade. Anything else, I wouldn't be interested.
Patrick Sharp really interests me, I think he would be a great fit for the team the way it is built.

Closed Thread