HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey News Assessment of the Habs

Old
07-31-2010, 11:56 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
If all 3 of this things happen, I predict the Habs to finish first in their division, therefore probably 3rd in the Eastern conference.
Definitely possible. We've seen first hand what having young players break out can do (see 2007-2008). Pleks, Higgins, Andrei K, Mark Streit, Komisarek all had huge years.

If Price can get near a .915-.920 save percentage, Subban get around 40 points and Eller put up around the same we could have ourselves another surprise season up our sleeves.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe the impact of Subban on the blueline should increase the point production from some of our offensive players too.

Pouliot and A.K need to play like true top 6 wingers though, absolutely no doubt though... As much as I want Eller to remain a centerman, I'm really intrigued to see how he'd play on the wing with Gomez/Gio or Cam/Pleks... I'm willing to bet we'll see it at times.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
If all 3 of this things happen, I predict the Habs to finish first in their division, therefore probably 3rd in the Eastern conference.
We're going to score 800 goals this year, price will have a .989 sv percentage, and Gomez will lead the league with 145assists. The stanley cup parade will go down st catherine, regardless of how many stores petition against it.

Oh, and O'byrne will score his first hat trick against Halak when we play the blues.

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
We're going to score 800 goals this year, price will have a .989 sv percentage, and Gomez will lead the league with 145assists. The stanley cup parade will go down st catherine, regardless of how many stores petition against it.

Oh, and O'byrne will score his first hat trick against Halak when we play the blues.
And we will add anoher 100,000 idot fans like you because of our great marketing department. Yeah!

1st of the division = authomatic top 3 in the conference and besides Boston, we can easily finish a head of the other teams in our division and I can see us compete with Boston who as no defense BTW.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Our season can boom or bust depending on three things imo:
1. Price(22), Subban(21), Eller(21) have relatively big positive impacts on the team.
2. Not as many key injuries as last season
3. Pouliot(23) & Kostitsyn(25) play like top 6 fwds.
Yep, sums up what the 3 biggest variables are for the team this season.

I agree that they can finish 1st in division if all 3 work out.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:25 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Definitely possible. We've seen first hand what having young players break out can do (see 2007-2008). Pleks, Higgins, Andrei K, Mark Streit, Komisarek all had huge years.

If Price can get near a .915-.920 save percentage, Subban get around 40 points and Eller put up around the same we could have ourselves another surprise season up our sleeves.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe the impact of Subban on the blueline should increase the point production from some of our offensive players too.

Pouliot and A.K need to play like true top 6 wingers though, absolutely no doubt though... As much as I want Eller to remain a centerman, I'm really intrigued to see how he'd play on the wing with Gomez/Gio or Cam/Pleks... I'm willing to bet we'll see it at times.
I still see Boston being 1st...

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'd say that Price is more likely to win 35 or more games than Eller is to record 70 or more points. If Price reaches that level and Auld chips in another 7 or 8, the Habs should make the playoffs more easily than they did last season. Of course, the Habs would probably add points from OTL and SO losses to their win total. If Price wins 35+ AND Eller records 70 points, the Habs should finish no lower than second and perhaps first) in the Northeast Division.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:53 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'd say that Price is more likely to win 35 or more games than Eller is to record 70 or more points. If Price reaches that level and Auld chips in another 7 or 8, the Habs should make the playoffs more easily than they did last season. Of course, the Habs would probably add points from OTL and SO losses to their win total. If Price wins 35+ AND Eller records 70 points, the Habs should finish no lower than second and perhaps first) in the Northeast Division.
given that eller isn't even really firmly penciled in a top 6 role but rather in a 3rd center i think its safe to say that i would be ECSTATIC if he did 40+ points while being a plus player... 20-20 ish...70 is imo unrealistic as it gets...in his prime he can be a 70+ point player but NO WAY off the bat lol

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
given that eller isn't even really firmly penciled in a top 6 role but rather in a 3rd center i think its safe to say that i would be ECSTATIC if he did 40+ points while being a plus player... 20-20 ish...70 is imo unrealistic as it gets...in his prime he can be a 70+ point player but NO WAY off the bat lol
Agree, I think we should expect around 30 points or so with strong defense.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
In the article, Dobber says that Eller has 70 pts potential, not that he thinks he'll achieve that mark in his first year.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote