HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mario Tremblay joins RDS,replacing Demers

Old
07-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He isn't the one who took the final decision.
Sure he was. Who left Roy in nets during the worst game of his WHOLE NHL carrier, leading to Roy flipping out on the bench and demanding a trade? Houle made the craptastic trade but it was the coach that left him in the game, no?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Sure he was. Who left Roy in nets during the worst game of his WHOLE NHL carrier, leading to Roy flipping out on the bench and demanding a trade? Houle made the craptastic trade but it was the coach that left him in the game, no?
Any freakin intelligent environment would have gone back to Roy and Tremblay, would have sit them together and put some sense into each and every one of them. Houle and Corey were intimidated by both of them. Any other would not have been, would have asked both guys to address the media to say that it went out of hand, but that they are moving forward.

Again, was that the worst out of respect move you have ever seen in somebody's career? It was bad. Yes it was, but enough to solely justify a freakin trade? No way. Unless.....there were something else which it didn't seem to be by Roy admission as well.

Sorry but as "awful" the gesture was, even the Roy gesture to talk to Corey which also was totally unprofessionnal, if I have a trade involving an ordinairy goalies and 2 bottom 6 forwards, I don't do the trade. I either do a better one or don't trade him at all.

This move was indeed the beginning of the downfall of this organization, even if you are trading the best goalie of all-time, it's often about who you receive.

Strangely, 'cause it doesn't serve their purpose, a lot of people are forgetting the treatement that Roy was already receiving prior to that day. Everybody knows for a fact that Savard was about to trade him for Fiset and Nolan prior to being fired.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 07:37 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ab View Post
http://www.rds.ca/divers/chroniques/303400.html

Well I don't know if he is good or not but with the departure of Jacques Demers they just find someone to fill his role.

(Nothing new about Benoit Brunet...)

Discuss!
I hope he'll not be just another crabbing downer of a commentator.

Last edited by shortcat1: 07-31-2010 at 10:08 AM.
shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Any freakin intelligent environment would have gone back to Roy and Tremblay, would have sit them together and put some sense into each and every one of them. Houle and Corey were intimidated by both of them. Any other would not have been, would have asked both guys to address the media to say that it went out of hand, but that they are moving forward.

Again, was that the worst out of respect move you have ever seen in somebody's career? It was bad. Yes it was, but enough to solely justify a freakin trade? No way. Unless.....there were something else which it didn't seem to be by Roy admission as well.

Sorry but as "awful" the gesture was, even the Roy gesture to talk to Corey which also was totally unprofessionnal, if I have a trade involving an ordinairy goalies and 2 bottom 6 forwards, I don't do the trade. I either do a better one or don't trade him at all.

This move was indeed the beginning of the downfall of this organization, even if you are trading the best goalie of all-time, it's often about who you receive.

Strangely, 'cause it doesn't serve their purpose, a lot of people are forgetting the treatement that Roy was already receiving prior to that day. Everybody knows for a fact that Savard was about to trade him for Fiset and Nolan prior to being fired.
As much as I dislike Corey and Houle, Roy's attitude and his actions once he was pulled, telling brass that he's never going to play a game for the Habs again probably handcuffed Houle and lowered his value.

To be honest, I don't remember anything about Savard wanting to deal him... I was only 17 at the time and wasn't paying as much time to hockey as I did before and do now, if you know what I mean, hehe.

Anyway, it was always my understanding that leaving Roy in to get shelled was the final straw... I doubt we'll ever know what happened prior to that, behind the scenes.

If we want to be PC about it, we could say Trembley was 1/4 at fault, but still part of the problem... yes? Sure, it was childish on Roy's part but it's a known fact that the guy has a massive ego and attitude problems and I'm sure Mario knew Roy wouldn't take it well. Ah whatever..

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 11:46 PM
thewall

Listening to him on CKAC right now.. I like him as a Journalist.. but hatted him as the Habs coach.. He speaks his mind and brings good input and comments on the subjects...

He just said that "Laraque's comments about the Habs and Carbonneau and Martin were cheap shots that he didnt need to do...

He also talked about the quebecers wanting more quebecois on the habs team.. and he said Montreal wanted Pouliot in 2005 ....

and Lemaire's house in Florida burned down last week.. He still talks to him on a daily basis..

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_felix View Post
Dube already works for both CKAC and Radio-Canada and recently signed a new deal with CKAC.

I dont think you'll see him on RDS for a while, lol.

Well, that's too bad 'cause Danny Dube is usually interesting to listen to. After reading a few posts here it's seems that Tremblay will only do Saturday games? (I might be able to live with that! sort of...!).

I wonder who are the other candidates? (who would Hab fans choose?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
They were looking for someone more colorful than Carbo.
Haha! Yeah, I guess Carbo isn't the most colorful/animated talker! (opinion based on his ''work'' from CBC Hockey Night in Canada! but maybe some people need time and then...the confidence hits).

So, excluding Mario Tremblay who are the best for the job? (top 5).
I can't name too many! I'll start with Danny Dube...!

I'd like to see Mario Tremblay (sometimes) replace Ron McLean just to see Cherry and Bleuet go at it every Saturday on Hockey Night in Canada!! (ex: Mario - on air - promises to take english courses if Don takes french courses!!).

(just kidding, of course!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 07-31-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:30 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

Geez, Whitesnake you are darn patient... or you have too much time in your hands to answer these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Dryden's memoirs of the 1970s Habs imply that the guy was an idiot. According to Dryden's autobiographical The Game, Tremblay caused discord in the clubhouse by arguing against Canadian unity. I never liked the guy. Gotta find that mute button now.
That's is not the way Dryden described it. Be honest.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Dryden's memoirs of the 1970s Habs imply that the guy was an idiot. According to Dryden's autobiographical The Game, Tremblay caused discord in the clubhouse by arguing against Canadian unity. I never liked the guy. Gotta find that mute button now.
You must be the only guy on Earth that doesn't like Tremblay. He's a great funny guy outside of hockey. And when he played for the Habs he was all heart and soul, putting his life on the line for his teamates.

Dryden always was an elitist snob.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Captain Saku

I listened to him on the radio and I thought he was very insightful. It helps a lot that he's been recently in the NHL, not like the old crap crew that they have.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Geez, Whitesnake you are darn patient... or you have too much time in your hands to answer these guys.
Less and less time now. Just got my newborn girl.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 03:49 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Congrats man!

Can we get a report on crawling speed and technique? How soon can we know whether she'll be a biter or a screamer?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 09:40 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Congratulations Dad ! and Mom too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You must be the only guy on Earth that doesn't like Tremblay. He's a great funny guy outside of hockey. And when he played for the Habs he was all heart and soul, putting his life on the line for his teamates.

Dryden always was an elitist snob.
Dryden , with all respect due to him, was living in hi own little world. He was too intellectual for the rest of the group. He was mainly lonesome.

Now, for his political point of views, it's up to him and his own values. the guy is a Liberal m.p. right now in Ottawa. So, no big surprise there. Tremblay was from a 100% Francophone community in Lac St-Jean with a different political agenda. Once they had the Montreal Canadiens uniform on, they were all fighting for the same cause. And that's the bottom line.

Politics and religion beliefs should stay OUT of any sports dressing room ! These are the two worst human inventions. (I am not talking here about your own personal spiritual beliefs but Religions created by Men to control and abuse other human beings. We have good examples today... )

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
As much as I dislike Corey and Houle, Roy's attitude and his actions once he was pulled, telling brass that he's never going to play a game for the Habs again probably handcuffed Houle and lowered his value.

To be honest, I don't remember anything about Savard wanting to deal him... I was only 17 at the time and wasn't paying as much time to hockey as I did before and do now, if you know what I mean, hehe.

Anyway, it was always my understanding that leaving Roy in to get shelled was the final straw... I doubt we'll ever know what happened prior to that, behind the scenes.

If we want to be PC about it, we could say Trembley was 1/4 at fault, but still part of the problem... yes? Sure, it was childish on Roy's part but it's a known fact that the guy has a massive ego and attitude problems and I'm sure Mario knew Roy wouldn't take it well. Ah whatever..
Roy was the best goalie of the NHL. Only a few others were seen as ''equals''.
It doesn't matter how public him wanting out was, his value was always great.
Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin can say they won't play for another game for their respective teams, they will still attract a huge interest from other teams.

Him wanting out isn't what would dictate his value. It's how much interest from other teams that would determine his value.
Unfortunately, Houle didn't wait very long to get proper offers on the table. He moved him as soon as possible.

It doesn't seem like there was any effort to fix the situation and I don't know too many people that would choose a rookie coach over the best NHL goalie in the NHL.

Tremblay was a horrible coach. There's no doubting that, but I'm sure he was very displeased when he heard that he just lost the best Goalie and his captain for Thibault, Kovalenko and Rucinsky.
The real mistake came from upper management.
Not only am I convinced that Roy would have stayed if Tremblay got fired, but there's absolutely no doubt we could have made a trade that would have actually helped us ease that big loss.

No question, Houle and Corey are the morons there. Tremblay is just a rookie coach having a rift with his player, and it went overboard.
At any time the upper management could have stepped in, but they didn't and made one of the most uneven trades in history.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Roy was the best goalie of the NHL. Only a few others were seen as ''equals''.
It doesn't matter how public him wanting out was, his value was always great.
Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin can say they won't play for another game for their respective teams, they will still attract a huge interest from other teams.

Him wanting out isn't what would dictate his value. It's how much interest from other teams that would determine his value.
Unfortunately, Houle didn't wait very long to get proper offers on the table. He moved him as soon as possible.

It doesn't seem like there was any effort to fix the situation and I don't know too many people that would choose a rookie coach over the best NHL goalie in the NHL.

Tremblay was a horrible coach. There's no doubting that, but I'm sure he was very displeased when he heard that he just lost the best Goalie and his captain for Thibault, Kovalenko and Rucinsky.
The real mistake came from upper management.
Not only am I convinced that Roy would have stayed if Tremblay got fired, but there's absolutely no doubt we could have made a trade that would have actually helped us ease that big loss.

No question, Houle and Corey are the morons there. Tremblay is just a rookie coach having a rift with his player, and it went overboard.
At any time the upper management could have stepped in, but they didn't and made one of the most uneven trades in history.
Agree 100%.

Not only that but had Savard being there, it would have never escalated the way it happened. He would have sit down with all parties involved and it would have been resolved.

We have to remember that Houle also traded Pierre Turgeon for washed down Shayne Corson because he felt the "Habs have become too offensive minded". lol

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote