HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2010, 11:36 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
We can if we move Hammer, which they need, considering they have 3 NHL defensemen.
Bingo.

Throw in a first round pick, perhaps a little more from our side and all of sudden this rumor has some legs to stand on. Is it likely to happen? I'd have to say no, although I have to say acquiring a young proven talent like Ryan is very very intriguing to say the least. Hiller is a capable #1 right now, no doubt.

Old
07-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I could see it being Hiller and Selanne/Kariya for Price +

I'm not saying this is something I would do, and I would be surprised that anyone thinks that Price is worth more than Hiller, but the unsigned top-6 forward in reality means nothing unless it's Ryan, which I doubt it is.

Old
07-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Habarazzi

I'd love to see this trade myself but I can't see it happening after trading away Halak .... How can they justify that trade (Halak) after?

You have to agree if a trade like this ever goes down, it's because of the difficulty they're having in signing Price

Could they have never envisioned a scenario where Price's contract demands would be too high if a "capable" backup or equal was not on the roster? They did things in the wrong order ... but then again, maybe they don't get an Eller type player if they wait until August. Who knows?

Old
08-01-2010, 12:26 AM
RE-HABS

But would you trade Price, AK, Hamrlik, Leblanc and Tinordi for Hiller and Ryan???

That deal opens salary for both, would you do it???

Old
08-01-2010, 12:29 AM
habshound247

How about Greiss/Niitymaki (sp?) + Setoguchi for Price? Considering that San Jose is a California team, and they and the Habs have traded in the past, seems like a fit. This is not a proposal, just fits the criteria of what Ek claims is on the table. Thoughts?

Old
08-01-2010, 01:15 AM
JayBee*

LOL, Only way the Habs are trading Price is if he asks for a trade.

How dumb would it be that they trade both goalies?

Old
08-01-2010, 01:19 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
But would you trade Price, AK, Hamrlik, Leblanc and Tinordi for Hiller and Ryan???

Only way this trade gets done is if Gauther has a gun to his head, and Springfield is threatened by a new power source.

Old
08-01-2010, 01:19 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
LOL, Only way the Habs are trading Price is if he asks for a trade.

How dumb would it be that they trade both goalies?
If they can get great value for them and have a suitable replacement, it wouldn't be dumb at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Why would Leblanc and Tinordi be included?

Old
08-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Only way this trade gets done is if Gauther has a gun to his head, and Springfield is threatened by a new power source.
Agreed, I know it's the off season, but that's the stretch of the year, so far, it'll get worst, I'm sure!

Come on! guys a little reality here.....

Old
08-01-2010, 01:26 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
Agreed, I know it's the off season, but that's the stretch of the year, so far, it'll get worst, I'm sure!

Come on! guys a little reality here.....
What trading an unsignable(ATM) forward, and your goalie, for one of the most promising young goalies in the league and a defensemen which you sorely need?

This is reality man.

Old
08-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Ginu

The starting point would have to be Hiller + Ryan for Price + Hamrlik + AK both for salary and Anaheim needing a D. And that's so much in favour of us that we'd have to add in some top end prospects like Kristo and Avtsin. Otherwise there's no way Anaheim does this.

Last edited by Ginu: 08-01-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old
08-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
What trading an unsignable(ATM) forward, and your goalie, for one of the most promising young goalies in the league and a defensemen which you sorely need?

This is reality man.
You don't trade top prospects in a cap world, at least not 2 of them in the same trade... ;-)

Old
08-01-2010, 01:38 AM
TheBuriedHab

Bobby Ryan is exactly the player I'd want. I don't know what they would exactly want from us though. Price for Hiller would be a good deal for them. I think we'd have to give a forward to try and help them fill the void of losing Ryan, Maybe A kostitysn. And then we would have to give them a promising defenseman to actually make them consider the deal. O'byrne,Webber or Carle could all be used as bait. Hammer would have to be dealt in some seperate deal to clear cap space for this deal.

I really don't see montreal trading Price or the Ducks trading Ryan though. And trust me if Ryan is made available you know Brian Burke is working that phone like crazy. A package of Kaberle + Kadri would probably beat any deal we could muster.

Old
08-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Player 61
#Winning

A lot of posters here seem to have failed math.

I'm just saying these are more huge contracts to add till 2014, at least Chicago has an excuse, they already won the cup.

Old
08-01-2010, 01:44 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
The starting point would have to be Hiller + Ryan for Price + Hamrlik + AK both for salary and Anaheim needing a D. And that's so much in favour of us that we'd have to add in some top end prospects like Kristo and Avtsin. Otherwise there's no way Anaheim does this.
They don't want to go into training camp with three NHL defensemen and a unsigned Ryan though.

Old
08-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Ginu

Quote:
They don't want to go into training camp with three NHL defensemen and a unsigned Ryan though.
Why would they just trade Wisniewski?

Old
08-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
I really don't see montreal trading Price or the Ducks trading Ryan though. And trust me if Ryan is made available you know Brian Burke is working that phone like crazy. A package of Kaberle + Kadri would probably beat any deal we could muster.
I think they'd want a winger that can step into a top 6 roll immediately. Also Kaberle is only signed for one more year, so I doubt they'd be super interested in a deal that a year from now would have amounted to an unproven prospect for a 23 year old 35 goal scorer straight up.

Old
08-01-2010, 02:50 AM
m00ks

Quote:
If they can get great value for them and have a suitable replacement, it wouldn't be dumb at all.
If they somehow come out out of this off season having lost Halak AND Price, then yes it would be ridiculously dumb.

Old
08-01-2010, 03:04 AM
overlords
Hfboards

one thing i don't understand, didn't he not participant in the last habs camp because of an NCAA rule? If so, doesn't that mean he only just decided very recently to go to the Q?

Old
08-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
If they somehow come out out of this off season having lost Halak AND Price, then yes it would be ridiculously dumb.
IF, and that's a big IF, they manage to pry away Hiller and Bobby friggin Ryan out of Anaheim for Price++, like buddahsmoka said, it wouldn't be dumb, I'd even say it's great. A signed goalie, and a young power forward... ain't that what we need ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
one thing i don't understand, didn't he not participant in the last habs camp because of an NCAA rule? If so, doesn't that mean he only just decided very recently to go to the Q?
Wrong thread ?

Old
08-01-2010, 09:07 AM
durojean

some food for thought

Ryan Gomez Gionta
Cammaleri Plekanec AK
Pouliot Eller Boyd
Moen Lapierre Darche

Markov O'byrne
Spacek Subban
Gill Gorges

Picard / Carle / Weber

I like that line up a lot !

Old
08-01-2010, 09:38 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
some food for thought

Ryan Gomez Gionta
Cammaleri Plekanec AK
Pouliot Eller Boyd
Moen Lapierre Darche

Markov O'byrne
Spacek Subban
Gill Gorges

Picard / Carle / Weber

I like that line up a lot !
Add Andy Sutton, drop Darche from the fourth and replace him with MUSCLE and i would be happy !

Old
08-01-2010, 09:45 AM
GoHabsGO252006

Just something I noticed this morning while re-reading Ek's comments which appear below. If you read carefully, there is an indication that the team he is hinting at has an unsigned top 6 forward but it does not specify that such top 6 forward would be that player included in the trade.

That got me thinking because hypothetically it could be Anaheim but instead of it being Ryan, it could be Perry in order to give them space to sign Ryan. Not sure where the other California teams fit though. Just food for thought.

On the Canadiens...

Still hearing they are talking trade and that Price may be swapped out for another starting goalie and top 6 forward...finally able to give you a clue....look one of the California teams...one who has a proven #1, and an unsigned top 6 forward....

Old
08-01-2010, 09:55 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
Just something I noticed this morning while re-reading Ek's comments which appear below. If you read carefully, there is an indication that the team he is hinting at has an unsigned top 6 forward but it does not specify that such top 6 forward would be that player included in the trade.

That got me thinking because hypothetically it could be Anaheim but instead of it being Ryan, it could be Perry in order to give them space to sign Ryan. Not sure where the other California teams fit though. Just food for thought.

On the Canadiens...

Still hearing they are talking trade and that Price may be swapped out for another starting goalie and top 6 forward...finally able to give you a clue....look one of the California teams...one who has a proven #1, and an unsigned top 6 forward....
Very good point indeed!... it makes more sense if it's not Ryan... Lupul or Perry could make sense, as long it's not Blake,...

Old
08-01-2010, 10:00 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
Very good point indeed!... it makes more sense if it's not Ryan... Lupul or Perry could make sense, as long it's not Blake,...
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Perry? Yes please.

Closed Thread